Author Topic: Hello there from the sunny UK  (Read 5376 times)

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
Re: Hello there from the sunny UK
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 05:04:01 AM »
Where are you in the UK 3leggedpony?

3leggedpony

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 06:20:15 AM »
I'm in London

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 09:49:20 AM »
Wilkommen!

3leggedpony

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 02:01:26 PM »
Grazie

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 02:05:27 PM »
Naammaktak

3leggedpony

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 04:09:52 PM »
Ok, a little more detail on me as the Golf on TV is so boring at the moment.

I'm 40, have played golf for about 27 years and haven't really gotten any better in the last 26. I've never had a lesson and funnily enough because of that I'm not very good (break 90 on a good day). But..I love the game. I love the social side of playing a round with friends and I love the equipment.

A couple of years ago I thought it would be a good idea to get myself fitted for a full set to perk up my game. I enjoyed the fitting experience immensely but to be honest I didn't like the clubs I ended up with - Srixon Z star irons, an Adams driver, a Scotty Cameron putter and I got rid of the fairways so quickly I can't even remember what they were.

What I couldn't get out of my mind was the feeling and sound of one of the 6 irons they had me try when they were looking at different shafts. It was an Epon 502 and inevitably I succumbed to temptation and bought a set of Epon 302's last year (I've just had them reshafted with CTapers and love them very much).
I haven't caught the JDM driver bug yet and have been through a whole succession of the regular suspects - Titleist, Ping, Nike etc. currently I use a Titleist which I basically chose because I like the way it looks.
I also now own an Epon bag (which sits in storage) and a set of Miura 102's which I bought pretty beaten up on eBay but I liked the club and its been discontinued so I thought what the hell..
My main passion is putters though. I never use the Scotty I got fitted for but still have it along with a Yamada Shogun which is being refinished by BOS Golf, a TP Mills Tradition II, an Epon i33 (bought from Tomcat who directed me here) and my current favourite a Miura KM-350. It is a matter of time (possibly minutes) before I order a Byron Morgan DH89 too.
I like this forum and look forward to participating and showing new stuff when it arrives