Author Topic: Aerotech Driver Shafts  (Read 7464 times)

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Aerotech Driver Shafts
« on: April 25, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
Anyone try their driver shafts?

I really am a believer in their composite technology....I don't think you get all the benefits of full carbon but I do think you get some of them while having incredibly stability.  My ball striking was never better than when playing Aeros, I can really use my normal, too-aggressive "swing like an asshole" swing and make great contact.  I think I am going back to their iron/UT/wedge shafts. 

Am curious though if anyone has tried their driver shafts?  I have always gotten along better with real tight, low launch low spin type carbon shafts, and these seem to bring pretty much all of the stability and launch characteristics anyone could ever want, yet you never see anyone discussing them.  They really aren't the sexiest choice like Japanese carbon seems to be, but if they're anything like the rest of their lineup, I bet they're damn good.

JanKo

• Super Ho
Re: Aerotech Driver Shafts
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 04:32:06 PM »
All those talk about Aerotechs really makes me want to buy a set and slam them in my copper 302´s. They could use some lower ballflight than the Modus 120 give me in them.
Taylor Made SIM Max - Tour AD IZ
Taylor Made SIM Ti 3-wood - Oban Kiyoshi Gold
Titleist 818h 19° - Tour AD IZ
PXG Gen 3 P / T combo set 4-GW
Taylor Made MG 2 TW-Grind - DG Tour Issue S400
Golds Factory custom (modified Tiger Woods tribute)

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 04:46:59 PM »
Need to get the heavier ones…  Lighter ones launch, at least for me when I tried them...

JanKo

• Super Ho
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 04:55:48 PM »
Need to get the heavier ones…  Lighter ones launch, at least for me when I tried them...

Weight wise I would prefer the 110, maybe even heavier. Shame I can´t hit them ANYWHERE before I decide to buy or not.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 06:14:38 PM »
The 110 and even 95 are quite stable higher kick shafts. Not sure on the lower weights than that. I saw slightly lower launch on 110. They're not as sexy a choice as high end carbon but I'm a believer as far as their incredible stability and performance across the board. Some say they play stiff to flex but I didn't notice it.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 06:14:56 PM »
For what they cost jan you can't really go too wrong.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 07:35:06 PM »
The 110 and even 95 are quite stable higher kick shafts. Not sure on the lower weights than that. I saw slightly lower launch on 110. They're not as sexy a choice as high end carbon but I'm a believer as far as their incredible stability and performance across the board. Some say they play stiff to flex but I didn't notice it.
I found the 95 to be very high launch.  That is my burden in most cases any way, high ball hitter, like Free.  Oh wait, that is a different kind of high ball...

The 110 was better but still higher then other 110g graphite shafts I play...

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 10:04:14 PM »
So strange how different players can have such varying experiences with the same shafts.  We both suffer from higher ball flights than ideal but I have found refuge with the Aeros and the Recoils have been a struggle, while you have found the Aeros to be higher.  Proof that it is way more than shaft profile that dictates ball flight.  I have fought a flip in the impact zone going back to my rotator cuff/wrist injuries from snowboarding that I am finally getting past, the flip led to the high ball flight and ballooning issues, nearly regardless of shaft.  Having gotten back to proper forearm rotation and quieter wrists, it has really helped me delineate shaft performance for MY swing. 

I still launch, on average, too high, but a properly matched shaft profile can alleviate this nearly entirely unless the flip starts coming back.  For some reason the Recoils and I just don't get along as far as spin/height regardless of my stance/swing/plane etc.  Nothing more frustrating than hitting a 6i at a flagstick that's 150 yards in front of you into a 20 MPH wind, hitting it "well", and watching it come up short no matter what you do.  But if it was with the wind it would sail the stick by 30 yards.  I have never had the phenomenon on-course like I have with the Recoil setups I have. 

JanKo

• Super Ho
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 03:15:36 AM »
For what they cost jan you can't really go too wrong.

That´s what I thought, maybe I´ll give them a try.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 10:02:39 AM »
Got my 18* UT and my 23* i-Brid getting the Aerotech UT shafts put in them today, I am pretty stoked to try them, if they're as good as their iron shafts, HOLY ISHT

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 10:28:30 AM »
Good luck...

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 12:24:08 PM »
As usual, I could use every bit of it. 

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 07:22:11 AM »

I really am a believer in their composite technology....I don't think you get all the benefits of full carbon but I do think you get some of them while having incredibly stability.  My ball striking was never better than when playing Aeros, I can really use my normal, too-aggressive "swing like an asshole" swing and make great contact.  I think I am going back to their iron/UT/wedge shafts. 

Am curious though if anyone has tried their driver shafts?  I have always gotten along better with real tight, low launch low spin type carbon shafts, and these seem to bring pretty much all of the stability and launch characteristics anyone could ever want, yet you never see anyone discussing them.  They really aren't the sexiest choice like Japanese carbon seems to be, but if they're anything like the rest of their lineup, I bet they're damn good.

I have tried their driver shafts, prob not for you Matt, they are geared toward the senior "slow swing" player.  they were to high launch for me and I tend to get laid off at the top hit low balls....

Agree 100% on your comments re recoils.  I'm leaving the aeros in my 302s, they are just a better all around shaft for me, more consistent than the recoils.  the two Iron shafts I'm looking at are roddio i10s and the Fuji mci's. 

I am a graphite shaft guy now in everything.  one driver shaft to look at is the ust u4.  doesn't have quite the punch at impact of the attas 3 but is a little smoother with a slightly higher launch than the attas 3.  I am getting some crazy distance with my u4 Ryoma special tuning combo.  hit 3 drives in the 270-280 range yesterday which I find amazing given my driver SS averages about 100. 
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »

I have tried their driver shafts, prob not for you Matt, they are geared toward the senior "slow swing" player.  they were to high launch for me and I tend to get laid off at the top hit low balls....

Agree 100% on your comments re recoils.  I'm leaving the aeros in my 302s, they are just a better all around shaft for me, more consistent than the recoils.  the two Iron shafts I'm looking at are roddio i10s and the Fuji mci's. 

I am a graphite shaft guy now in everything.  one driver shaft to look at is the ust u4.  doesn't have quite the punch at impact of the attas 3 but is a little smoother with a slightly higher launch than the attas 3.  I am getting some crazy distance with my u4 Ryoma special tuning combo.  hit 3 drives in the 270-280 range yesterday which I find amazing given my driver SS averages about 100.
I am a huge fan of the Roddio shafts.  Have the i10s in a pair of the ONOFF Type S UTs and they are tops.  Also played several rounds with them in a set of irons.  While the irons were not suited to my game the shafts sure were.  This was before I knew how to get a hold of individual raw shafts and didn't want to ship heads back to Japan to be rebuilt.  Now that I know the truth I am considering a 5-P + 3x P shafts to try in something.

Am also very curious about the MCI…

Lastly, some phenomenal distance with that illegal driver.  Sounds like you found a great combo.  When you gonna sell it?

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 03:20:22 PM »
I'd recommend the i-10's too. Free you should also check out the Quadra 100i. Great shafts