Author Topic: Grand Bassara / Mitsubishi Chemical Shafts - Flex  (Read 59 times)

Twists

• Fledgling Ho
Grand Bassara / Mitsubishi Chemical Shafts - Flex
« on: October 18, 2020, 08:22:30 AM »
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the right flex for JDM shafts. Particularly for the Grand Bassara Beta / Fairway / Hybdrid shafts.

- The Japanese catalogue indicates S-Flex as appropriate for 230y total driver distance.
- On the international website, its R-Flex for 210-240 driver carry.

Can I assume that the JDM S-Flex would be R-Flex on the international models?

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: Grand Bassara / Mitsubishi Chemical Shafts - Flex
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:53:15 AM »
You can but I don't think you should.  For one, one manufacturer's S flex is maybe another's R. Also, some JDM shafts (not many) are stiffer than "international models".

One good example to illustrate these 2 points is the Crazy 9 line which plays stiffer to flex compared to many other brands and popular US brands as well. 

You may want to try to use CPM as a better guide and even then , how one brand measures CPM may be different to how another brand measures CPM. Like flex, there is unfortunately no standard which all follow.

Only 1 sure way to find out...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 08:54:52 AM by wmclarenf1 »
Drivers : JadeAdllerRX460-DesignTuningIDV-GTD455-Itobori-RyomaMaxima2
UTs : Itobori-Modart-Muziik-Proceed
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG-CNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-JadeAdller-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

Twists

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:07:30 AM »
Thanks for your reply. The example is actually for the same shaft, which is what confuses me..

Page 13 in the Japanese catalogue:
https://www.mitsubishichemicalgolf.jp/catalog/jp/2020/MitsubishiChemicalGraphiteShafts_2020Catalog.pdf

And the international website (scroll down):
https://www.mca-golf.com/products/grand-bassara%E2%84%A2

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 01:21:31 PM »
I always felt Mitsubishi (and Fuji for that matter) donít do a great job disseminating information about their shafts. Their websites suck.

In addition to what Art says I would add that torque values are pretty high, thus I would err on the side of my normal flex rather than going down a flex.