Author Topic: Older gear - give it a try  (Read 240 times)

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
Older gear - give it a try
« on: October 16, 2020, 12:57:20 PM »
Just a quickie  :o Please give some of the older JDM gear (and non JDM) a try, because it may surprise you.

Gamed my TM R9 forged in a society today and apart from not being the softest ever, these were awesome in every other way, particularly left/right/front/back dispersion. Big hi five to possibly my favourite iron shaft - Quadra 100i - just uber stable. I've had these 3 times over the years, from stiff flex straight in, and stiff flex tipped to Stiff + and now the Pro X. This combo was high, long and stopped dead. 175yd 7i...........
I thank you. If I had the cash, I'd like to try the Fire Express DGl 115 and/or the Crazy STP 115 proto.....need to win the Lotto.
Off the tee was awesome too, but no JDM here. TM R9 5w at 17* with Diamana R80 and TM Aeroburner TP #4 22* hybrid with Matrix HX4. Smashed these two off the tee. The R9 can sometimes go a little too high, so I may look for a Aeroburner TP 4w/5w. We'll see.

Sanader

• Junior Ho
Re: Older gear - give it a try
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 05:57:47 PM »
Hi Ian - happy to see you back.
I recently put in the older (didnít like the newer version) Baldo 568 Comp. hybrids (21/24) in my bag.
Couldnít be happier. Super long and forgiving.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 07:07:38 PM »
Other than my putter everything else in my bag is at least 5 years old!

autronicdsm

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 07:14:27 PM »
Yea. I found S-Yard XV to be a real gem. Whole line up. Got a full bag  ;D Irons are verrrryyy forgiving. Hit couple shots way on the toe and the ball still went straight.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 08:56:50 PM »
Does it count if equipment just seems old?  Blades tech hasn't changed much last time I looked.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 10:11:00 PM »
2009-2013 was the golden age of JDM as far as Iím concerned. Of course if I were just getting into it today maybe Iíd see it differently. My whole end of season gamer bag was almost all 2010-2015 JDM and not only played great (for me) with it down the stretch of the season but loved the look, feel, and nostalgia of it. Was also fun bombing drives past two 20 somethings that play semi pro baseball with my 2011 RomaRo 435/FEX combo in a Sunday skins round a few weeks ago.

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 12:50:47 PM »
Does it count if equipment just seems old?  Blades tech hasn't changed much last time I looked.

Maybe just the human on the grip end is old......

:P

puttitout

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 01:25:23 PM »

I play a set of Founders Club forged 200 that I've read was made by Miura.  I am eyeing a forged Nike blade irons at a local golf shop now.  If it's there when I go back in, I am buying it  :)

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2020, 10:22:49 AM »

Maybe just the human on the grip end is old......

:P
Its exponential aging.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2020, 10:23:25 AM »

I play a set of Founders Club forged 200 that I've read was made by Miura.  I am eyeing a forged Nike blade irons at a local golf shop now.  If it's there when I go back in, I am buying it  :).
Was it still there?