Author Topic: Older gear - give it a try  (Read 75 times)

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
Older gear - give it a try
« on: October 16, 2020, 12:57:20 PM »
Just a quickie  :o Please give some of the older JDM gear (and non JDM) a try, because it may surprise you.

Gamed my TM R9 forged in a society today and apart from not being the softest ever, these were awesome in every other way, particularly left/right/front/back dispersion. Big hi five to possibly my favourite iron shaft - Quadra 100i - just uber stable. I've had these 3 times over the years, from stiff flex straight in, and stiff flex tipped to Stiff + and now the Pro X. This combo was high, long and stopped dead. 175yd 7i...........
I thank you. If I had the cash, I'd like to try the Fire Express DGl 115 and/or the Crazy STP 115 proto.....need to win the Lotto.
Off the tee was awesome too, but no JDM here. TM R9 5w at 17* with Diamana R80 and TM Aeroburner TP #4 22* hybrid with Matrix HX4. Smashed these two off the tee. The R9 can sometimes go a little too high, so I may look for a Aeroburner TP 4w/5w. We'll see.

Sanader

• Junior Ho
Re: Older gear - give it a try
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 05:57:47 PM »
Hi Ian - happy to see you back.
I recently put in the older (didnít like the newer version) Baldo 568 Comp. hybrids (21/24) in my bag.
Couldnít be happier. Super long and forgiving.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2020, 07:07:38 PM »
Other than my putter everything else in my bag is at least 5 years old!

autronicdsm

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 07:14:27 PM »
Yea. I found S-Yard XV to be a real gem. Whole line up. Got a full bag  ;D Irons are verrrryyy forgiving. Hit couple shots way on the toe and the ball still went straight.