Author Topic: Fire Express RR-B  (Read 29 times)

autronicdsm

• Fledgling Ho
Fire Express RR-B
« on: October 22, 2020, 07:48:14 PM »
Got this one a while ago when it just came out. Ordered it from Japan with Srixon sleeve since you can't buy these shaft alone  ???
I put it in my Cleveland 588 Custom driver and went to play. I have never hit so well. Playing 46" long I was able to hit over some trees on a couple holes with dog legs and landed in places I've never been. Carry and height on this one was excellent. Halfway through the round I've set my driver to closed face and started to hit beautiful draws, which never happens to me. Now as far as shaft feeling goes. it's a low mid kick I think. When you waggle it, it definitely feels like a soft tip shaft but when you swing it feels stable and controlled. Butt section feels soft-ish as well. Just enough to feel flex under my left hand. I normally prefer stiff tip, soft butt shafts and RR-B seems fine for me to hit. I hate anything with a stiff butt (Kuro Kage Black or UST Proforce V2 come to mind).

So after this round I decided to put it into my Tour Edge EXS driver since it's newer than my Cleveland. Should be way longer, right? What a mistake that was. Took me a while to start hitting it well, but never got the same results. Thinking about putting Srixon sleeve back on it. Although I did one range session with it and was able to hit all the way down the range and had the ball rolling up the hill where netting is. According to google maps that's right around 250 yards. My swing speed is low 90s.

As far as looks go, it's my first FE shaft so can't compare. Paint looks really nice with blue transitioning to grey/silver and then exposed carbon. I hope it doesn't peel  ;D

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: Fire Express RR-B
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 07:53:38 PM »
Cool.  Its one of the nicer looking FEX shafts.  Been a long while since I played a FEX but it was one of the first HMC shafts I played.  Its a quality product.  I think they still produce HMC sheets for the likes of MRC etc.
Drivers : JadeAdllerRX460-DesignTuningIDV-GTD455-Itobori-RyomaMaxima2
UTs : Itobori-Modart-Muziik-Proceed
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG-CNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-JadeAdller-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon