General Category > Japanese Golf Gear

The Iron Stash

(1/1)

wmclarenf1:
So all the posts from now will seem like a "Hellooooo... anybody there" kinda post.  Hopefully that will change soon. I'm adding my whimsical posts and hopefully more will again as well.  Unfortunately, we still can't figure out the image hosting for new posts and past pics so please do use a 3rd party image hosting site.  Matt and I are using imgbb.com.  Real easy to use, maybe 2 steps more than if you host direct here (when we figure out the damn thing).

So.. having hoed for so many years and having owned, played, demoed much much more than my fair share of JDM irons, these are what I'm left with.

First up and I'm going in terms of most demanding.... Grind Studio combos.  These are so cult and so rare I had to snare a set when I had the chance. Its a combo with 9I and PW being blades.  I really like these but my game and swing has to be there, which, unfortunately, is far from the case now and for a while now too. I have them shafted with Roddio I8 and matching blue carbon weave ferrules. Black red cadero grips.  Its the most compact in size of my irons.

Second would be the PXG 0311T.  This is really forgiving for a blade but its still blade like nonetheless.  Again, more forgiving than the grind studios if that says and means anything to anyone who may read this.  I've decided to reshaft them with custom painted black silver Roddio I-9 shaft SS 1x to SR. I have another set of silver custom painted Roddio I9 HS 1X to XS if anyone wants the shafts (5 to PW).  Put on some silver skull on black ferrules which I think go with the PXG look.  Black silver Cadero grips on these.  I reckon the PXGs are very good training irons to hone your swing.  Its not the best feeling clubs (yes its MIC and Parsons makes no bones about this) because its like a hollow gel filled muscle but when you flush these, you will know and it does feel soft solid when you do.  These heads are longish btw.  Great performing irons, just not to everyones taste but if you know me a tad, you'll know thats one reason why I like them too. 

Third are the GTD Cross Forged.  These are interesting looking and interesting playing.  Due to the design where the X is the "muscle" in the cavity, you have to hit these at the sweet spot to really get the most out of it.  No worries though if you don't.. still more forgiving than the PXG 0311T and generally better feeling.   This is the set I used to try the magnificent Fujikura Diamond Speeder I8 shafts which has have a glassy feel typical with well constructed HMC content. If you don't know this shaft by now, google it and see the uber super material content.  Love this set, unconventional looking as well but I'm a GTD fan. Have some silver carbon weave ferrules and matching Black silver caderos.

My last set (yes 4 only) is the Itobori MXH. I first took a hit in Bangkok during the SE Asian golf trip that Dale made the trip for (fantastic fun that trip.. more for Rod and Dale as I had my family with me) and immediately made up my mind to get a set.  These are shafted with the unicorn Crazy CBI-80 Limited shafts finished off with red skull black ferrules and .... you get the trend now, red black Cadero grips.  Its the largest of the 4 irons, the most forgiving and also, the BEST feeling set even compared to my legendary Epon Technity Pro I copper of past.  I liked them so much I got a set of black Itobori wedges to go with them.  Somehow, the wedges don't feel as good lol.

(BTW, here are a couple of pics of the BKK golf game... if you missed it..... well.... too farkin bad "L" lol.... That's my Grind Studio bag btw. No prizes to guess which irons I brought)

What irons do I wish I didn't move on.. well... the Buchi V200s... these are great feeling irons and also unorthodox looking. Don't like the damn sheep though.  Then theres the already mentioned Epon Technity Pro I Copper.  This was before Epon was all the rage and copper too.

So, that's it... actually no... I recently acquired a set of Titty (yes, MIC as well and they admit it) CP-02. I went for the fitting and brought my GTD Cross forged.. the numbers and actual ball flight etc for the CP-02 was much better.  They are seeking refuge from Covid in Vancouver now.  Will have them shipped back in time for Xmas and will be putting my Muziik Bangvoo Premium iron shafts in them, matching blue carbon weave ferrules and ... come on now... no not caderos ( ;D) but XROZ grips.   I have one on one of my clubs and they feel nice and tacky. Seem to last really long as well and can be reused unlike the cadaeros.

Anyone out there??????? Please share what irons you guys have left... ok..... I'm getting the echo effect..... Stay safe.

Sanader:
Nice pics both the irons and the short skirts

(Have been playing golf in Thailand only once but have some fond memories )

Will try to contribute my part with some further posts later on.

The GTD irons I have seen in a shop these are really good looking and even better in hand.

Unfortunate dont have the game for it especially currently Im well out of practice but coming back.

Had one round last week and are more than happy with my latest choice MizunoPro 920 irons best looking shovels out there.
Put some MCI 100 shafts in them.

mbbg:
Now thats a classic Art post right there! Love it!

wmclarenf1:

--- Quote from: Sanader on September 24, 2020, 07:26:06 PM ---Nice pics both the irons and the short skirts

(Have been playing golf in Thailand only once but have some fond memories )

Will try to contribute my part with some further posts later on.

The GTD irons I have seen in a shop these are really good looking and even better in hand.

Unfortunate dont have the game for it especially currently Im well out of practice but coming back.

Had one round last week and are more than happy with my latest choice MizunoPro 920 irons best looking shovels out there.
Put some MCI 100 shafts in them.

--- End quote ---

San!  Good to hear from you and glad you are safe! 

Need you and others to help get JDMCH back to where it was.  Thanks dude.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version