Author Topic: Bryson  (Read 163 times)

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Bryson
« on: September 20, 2020, 09:18:00 PM »
Obviously dominating story lines all summer. Wins US Open going away. Hit 23 fairways for the tournament. Remember Tiger proofing courses? How is the Bryson proofing going to go down? Is he good for golf?

kl

• Global Moderator
  • Super Ho
Re: Bryson
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 08:22:14 AM »
Tiger was somehow more approachable as a person, making it easier to root for his type of dominance.  Plus, Tiger had such a huge range of skills.  I donít think people relate to Bryson in the same way, and, seeing him as very good, not dominant, before his bulking makes his success appear less about skill.  Ultimately, I donít see him as good for the game in the same way as Tiger, and I think it can be heard in other playersí comments about him; thereís not the reverence that Tiger elicited.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 08:52:18 PM »
Good points. I think the analytical and equipment story of Brysonís success is really the only interesting thing about him. He doesnít have much charisma or draw as an actual person. He swings hard and itís ugly. Heís been putting amazing and itís even ugly watching him putt. Once the shock value of the enormous swings and distance wore off thereís not much that makes me want to tune in to see him play golf.

kl

• Global Moderator
  • Super Ho
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 10:34:15 PM »
I agree on all points.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 08:06:55 PM »
Caught a glimpse of Bryson... this guy is a brick house!  He must be shooting steroids up every crack!  Good to see Rory with a regular (well still buff) body knocking it past him on occasion.
Drivers : JadeAdllerRX460-DesignTuningIDV-Itobori-RyomaMaxima2
UTs : Itobori-Modart-Muziik-Proceed
Irons : GrindStudio-ItoboriMXH-OrionCloserCB-PXG0311T-TittyCNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-JadeAdller-Orion
Putters : ArGolf-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-Xenon

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 10:10:47 AM »
He has basically done to golf what the Oakland A's did to baseball with the inclusion of all the statistics...