General Category > Japanese Golf Gear

Muziik DU Review

(1/2) > >>

wmclarenf1:
So shorty after lifting of phase 2 lock down and the range and golf courses opening again, I got Rod our Muziik man to order me a DU handpicked to as close to 15* as possible.  I have one indicated to be 15.2*.

This is part of a long search to see if anything can displace the Proceed Ti-UT 15* which is by far, the longest serving club in my bag.  All clubs can change from round to round but not the Proceed.

The reason why the Proceed Ti-UT has been so hard to replace for me is... not many JDM UTs come in 15 and it must be a UT.  I cant hit FWs to save my life and the shorter length 15* UTs make it a lot simpler and even then I still can't hit it with never mind 100% certainty.  85* would be good as I can still top a shot with this club.

So I've read about the Muziik DU.  Japanese reviews are its super hot and known for distance.  I would tend to concur.  I also find it more forgiving than the Proceed Ti-UT.  Even though its a slightly thicker face profile, off the deck, it seems a tad more forgiving.

I had a Basileus Alpha FW65 in the Proceed followed by the Fuji DS FW6 and now a 7D which is on the market as its a tad stiff for me now.  IN the Muziik, I had a Fuji DS FW6, Crazy Boron and now back to the FuJi FW 6.  A much better fit for me in this particular head.

Feel wise, the Muziik is a lot better.  Explosive feeling.  The Proceed despite the DAT55 face always felt a bit persimon to me.

Still early days with the Muziik DU but it seems to match and on occasion exceed the Proceed for distance.

mbbg:
Very industrial looking and high quality. Kind of looks halfway between a hybrid and small FW. Glad itís working for you.

wmclarenf1:
Top profile and overall size, it is bigger than the Proceed but not by much.  On the size spectrum, if the Proceed was 1 and the Ryoma UT was 5, I'd say the Muziik is a 2.

mbbg:
Yeah I think youíre right. Itís just a bit more bulbous near the toe.

wmclarenf1:
I would have said more busty...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version