Author Topic: Way to Bouncy in Japan?  (Read 151 times)

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Way to Bouncy in Japan?
« on: August 01, 2020, 10:59:26 PM »
Edel Japan takes bounce to a whole new level.  Very interesting... what do they know or don't know...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 03:01:32 AM by wmclarenf1 »
Drivers : JadeAdllerRX460-DesignTuningIDV-GTD455-Itobori-RyomaMaxima2
UTs : Itobori-Modart-Muziik-Proceed
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG-CNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-JadeAdller-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Re: Way to Bouncy in Japan?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 11:58:32 PM »
Bounce measurement is about as standardized as shaft flex. Having played the Vokey Forged 56/12 K grind that also has additional leading edge relief, Id wager that it could measure close to 20* bounce depending on the way it was measured.

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 05:13:08 PM »
I have played and still have a 60 DGR grind wedge. They are good. I wouldn't say the best out of a tight lie but you can open the face and for the amount of bounce they have they still sit decent. Out of bunkers it is like cheating with those wedges. Like with all wedges, it depends what you need it for. I now have a low bounce 60 in the bag as I find I need that more around the greens. But the Edel is a good wedge. Maybe not the best feeling but it performs. Also had a Edel GW but didn't get along with it at all for some reason. Felt like the sweet spot was tiny comparing to the 60.
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 56 Ping Glide 3.0
LW: 60 Ping Glide 3.0
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 08:53:37 PM »
I have played and still have a 60 DGR grind wedge. They are good. I wouldn't say the best out of a tight lie but you can open the face and for the amount of bounce they have they still sit decent. Out of bunkers it is like cheating with those wedges. Like with all wedges, it depends what you need it for. I now have a low bounce 60 in the bag as I find I need that more around the greens. But the Edel is a good wedge. Maybe not the best feeling but it performs. Also had a Edel GW but didn't get along with it at all for some reason. Felt like the sweet spot was tiny comparing to the 60.

Your comment about not best out of a tight lie is consistent with bounce theory.  I imagine, you'd need to have a very deft touch and be able to deloft the high bounce club at impact for tight lies to manage bounce and then control distance spin etc.
Drivers : JadeAdllerRX460-DesignTuningIDV-GTD455-Itobori-RyomaMaxima2
UTs : Itobori-Modart-Muziik-Proceed
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG-CNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-JadeAdller-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon