General Category > Putter Talk, The Workshop, and Golf Accessories

Home Fitting Setup

(1/12) > >>

wmclarenf1:
Rummaged through my store room today and it turns out, I have more equipment for my home fitting setup than I knew.

Brand new Bosch cutter, brand new Black and Decker heat gun, black & Decker drill, a vice etc.

Epoxy ordered and will be ordering a basic swing weight scale and extractor from Golf Mechanix.  Looking for a shaft spinner now.

db2:
Whatís a shaft spinner?

Donít use the heat gun to remove shafts, especially graphite shafts.  Get a mini butane torch.

You will also need a graphite shaft removal tool, a mini chop saw to cut shafts, and a ruler.  I like the the club ruler made by Golf Mechanix.  Itís very accurate and you can measure loft and lie with it if you buy one of their adjustable protractors.

wmclarenf1:

--- Quote from: db2 on April 07, 2020, 12:07:38 AM ---Whatís a shaft spinner?

Donít use the heat gun to remove shafts, especially graphite shafts.  Get a mini butane torch.

You will also need a graphite shaft removal tool, a mini chop saw to cut shafts, and a ruler.  I like the the club ruler made by Golf Mechanix.  Itís very accurate and you can measure loft and lie with it if you buy one of their adjustable protractors.

--- End quote ---

Interesting... I find a heat gun is better to protect graphite shafts as opposed to a butane torch which i use for steel shafts. This is especially so for woods   I have seen so many wood head paint bubble from excessive heat from a butane torch. 

The  Bosch power cutter is very versatile and with a thin enough cutting wheel, is very good for graphite shafts.

Getting a shaft extractor and swing weight scale from Golf mechanix. 

A shaft spinner is used to to find the spine (s) of the shaft and all shafts, even the 7D has a spine.

Nolixul:

--- Quote from: wmclarenf1 on April 07, 2020, 01:56:18 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Interesting... I find a heat gun is better to protect graphite shafts as opposed to a butane torch which i use for steel shafts. This is especially so for woods   I have seen so many wood head paint bubble from excessive heat from a butane torch. 

The  Bosch power cutter is very versatile and with a thin enough cutting wheel, is very good for graphite shafts.

A shaft spinner is used to to find the spine (s) of the shaft and all shafts, even the 7D has a spine.

--- End quote ---

The "spinner" above, in fact any bearing based spine finder, absolutely won't do the job! Don't buy it. You may think it finds spines but it almost always doesn't. See here: https://www.tutelman.com/golf/shafts/allAboutSpines2.php

If you want to get into spines etc, you really need to FLO the shafts. Best is to get a Frequency Analyser and tip weight (usually comes with one). You can dabble in CPMs too. I also like to use a little laser too (when I am looking at oscillation patterns and not CPM) affixed parallel to the shaft. The laser can double as a laser aiming guide for putting - so you can see where the face is pointing at address, impact and through the stroke etc.

wmclarenf1:

--- Quote from: Nolixul on April 07, 2020, 05:14:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: wmclarenf1 on April 07, 2020, 01:56:18 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The "spinner" above, in fact any bearing based spine finder, absolutely won't do the job! Don't buy it. You may think it finds spines but it almost always doesn't. See here: https://www.tutelman.com/golf/shafts/allAboutSpines2.php

If you want to get into spines etc, you really need to FLO the shafts. Best is to get a Frequency Analyser and tip weight (usually comes with one). You can dabble in CPMs too. I also like to use a little laser too (when I am looking at oscillation patterns and not CPM) affixed parallel to the shaft. The laser can double as a laser aiming guide for putting - so you can see where the face is pointing at address, impact and through the stroke etc.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  Floing is a real PITA.  Ive never got a straight line ever and that's without any beer too.

I guess i could just but the tip weight with laser from golf mechanix as well and the shaft extractor can double up as teh butt clamp for floing..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version