Author Topic: Maverick easy flow review...  (Read 252 times)

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
Maverick easy flow review...
« on: March 28, 2020, 05:30:12 PM »
Well, 2nd round with maverick/ evenflow stiff 55g at 46Ē in the bag....

At first I really liked this club...ball flight is high...feel and muted sound kind of annoying...but was carrying the 11* driver 235/240...unfortunately rollout is minimal...total distance about the same as my 155/TRPX combo shorter than my 904dj/boo too bee and uncle jís premia/loop combo...

It is the straightest and highest launching combo I have ....it was worth a try...going back to the 155 for tomorrow though...sure hope decent free shows up...slidey pathetic free is getting expensive....
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Re: Maverick easy flow review...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 08:20:25 PM »
Hit the maverick range and found performance to be excellent but wasnít a fan of the sound and feel whatsoever.

I havenít hit the new Mizunos yet but this far in all my testing the Ping G410 Plus is the one to beat thus far. And itís a year old. Say what you want about the looks but itís easy to hit, long, straight and feels like youíve truly punished the ball upon impact.

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 07:28:01 PM »
Iím with u on the sound and feel...but driver and putter are spots where performance is 98% Weighted for me..maverick is back in this weekend with a vylan shaft, 48g x...was hitting that combo much longer on Sunday...could have just been a good swing day but I guess weíll see come Saturday...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 06:23:38 AM »
Gotta say I like the sound and feel of the Mavrik a little more than my Rogue, but no change regarding performance.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 11:10:59 PM »
Agree performance trumps look and feel. Just so many good clubs out there these days Iíd like to at least think I donít have to compromise.

In all reality I should have kept my AF-105 or RomaRo 435LX. I never drove the ball better or more consistently than with those two clubs. The TM Original One is in the mix but not as long.