Author Topic: PXG Gen 3  (Read 48 times)

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
PXG Gen 3
« on: July 29, 2020, 10:43:03 AM »
Who has tried them and what are your thoughts?

JanKo

• Super Ho
Re: PXG Gen 3
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 01:16:44 AM »
Iím playing a combo set (P and T) of the gen3 irons for a couple of months now. Since we got a baby girl in January and I know my range time will get somewhere near zero, I wanted a more forgiving set especially in the long irons.

The PXG are everything I expected, maybe even more. They look good, feel nice (much better than gen2) and are really really consistent. They do what PXG promises and keep spin and length on mishits much better than anything else I had before. My buddy always calls it cheating, when he sees or hears me react to a mishit ball and itís still pin high.

I wasnít sure if spending that kind of cash for an iron set (they are 540Ä rrp per club with standard shafts) might be the stupidest golf purchase I have ever made. But since Iím getting along with them so well, they might have become one of the best buys I did.
Really could see them staying in the bag for a long long time as they bring the full package: looks, feel, forgiveness, length, stopping power... donít know what else I could as for.
Epon AF-153 - Diamana B
Yamaha Inpres X V 14į - Attas 3
Titleist 816h 19į + 23į- Rogue Black 85
Epon AF-302 5-PW
Callaway MD3 black 50į + 56į - Modus 125 Wedge
Callaway PM Grind black 60į - Modus 125 Wedge
Golds Factory custom (modified Tiger Woods tribute)

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 03:19:35 PM »

I wasnít sure if spending that kind of cash for an iron set (they are 540Ä rrp per club with standard shafts) might be the stupidest golf purchase I have ever made.

540!What what what WHAT?!? Are they that good?

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 03:56:46 PM »
Thanks J appreciate the detailed info

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 09:19:06 PM »
Iím playing a combo set (P and T) of the gen3 irons for a couple of months now. Since we got a baby girl in January and I know my range time will get somewhere near zero, I wanted a more forgiving set especially in the long irons.

The PXG are everything I expected, maybe even more. They look good, feel nice (much better than gen2) and are really really consistent. They do what PXG promises and keep spin and length on mishits much better than anything else I had before. My buddy always calls it cheating, when he sees or hears me react to a mishit ball and itís still pin high.

I wasnít sure if spending that kind of cash for an iron set (they are 540Ä rrp per club with standard shafts) might be the stupidest golf purchase I have ever made. But since Iím getting along with them so well, they might have become one of the best buys I did.
Really could see them staying in the bag for a long long time as they bring the full package: looks, feel, forgiveness, length, stopping power... donít know what else I could as for.

im playing the same set and echo his thoughts exactly, they do make golf fun !  Im now contemplating a set of XP/Ps