Author Topic: Head to head 155/Xanadu vs epic flash vandyl  (Read 180 times)

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
Head to head 155/Xanadu vs epic flash vandyl
« on: January 05, 2020, 04:58:10 PM »
Was a bit irritated when a guy at my club ďguaranteedĒ me his driver was better for me than mine. we ended up playing an emergency 9 after the regular Sunday game and craig nsisted I hit his driver on 6 of the non-par 3s...by the time we got to 9 I just hit his driver...creamed it 260 into the wind...heís a pretty long hitter, I canít ever recall out driving him...except on 9 where I was 8 yards in front...interesting specs on his driver...48g shaft, tipped playing 46Ē...with an E2 swing weight...I hit it longer and better launch than my 155/Xanadu stiff combo....

The 155 feels and sounds a lot better but distance is distance...perhaps Iíll revisit the shaft in uncle jís ryoma d1 premia and go long 46Ē with 48-50g shaft...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: Head to head 155/Xanadu vs epic flash vandyl
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 08:43:11 PM »
Why don't you just run a butt extension on your 155 Xanadu combo t see if that slighty longer arc gives you more speed and distance?

I think it was the flash I tried with the stock made for TourAd shaft.  It was straight and not short but side by side on the same day and course, my GTD Crazy 9 Dia combo was going further by maybe 5 meters or so.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 08:45:03 PM by wmclarenf1 »
Drivers : AdllerDiamondSpeeder-DTIDVDiamondSpeeder-GTD4557D-Itobori7D
UTs : A-GrindBX-H-Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 01:59:18 AM »
And your friends driver combo is which make/model?

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 05:42:33 AM »
Callaway drivers have always been fast for me ever since they introduced jailbreak. My GBB Epic SZ managed to squeeze a few mph more than any other driver at that time. So, it doesn't surprise me that the Epic Flash was long.
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 2007 Yamaha InpresX Black
LW: 60į Edel DGR
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 09:49:11 AM »
I do think the 155 or any other driver with similar setup is probably close or as long...155 certainly feels better and Iím guessing is more forgiving...I was having a good swing day....

I have more of a body swing and itís quite compact (my full swing is what most good players would consider a 3/4 swing) thus the longer and lighter shaft coupled with the much higher swing weight, draw bias and high loft are all speed generating factors.

After reflecting on this experience Iíve determined to try similar specs in uncle jís ryoma d1 premia...I think if the face is a bit closed it would bring the loft up a titch...I really donít like the feel of the light shafts but distance is distance and itís always longer when my ball is curving from right to left...

Will be interesting to get the new maverick on the launch monitor against this...if callaway can compete numbers wise with the ryoma and come out on top perhaps Iíll buy one and put it to the test on the course day in day out.

These usdm drivers really arenít that crappy,,,
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 11:29:47 PM by freehb »
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 03:45:17 PM »
Scotland here we come......

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 11:26:47 PM »
Oh buddy I canít wait!!!  Scotland just suits free...itís weird, Iíve started working on the bump and run quite a bit and now, after a decade of hitting it low My ball flight is getting higher and higher...may be playing squirts shafts Ian by the time I see you and dale in Scotland...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

Sgt Squirts

• Junior Ho
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 01:54:45 AM »
Oh buddy I canít wait!!!  Scotland just suits free...itís weird, Iíve started working on the bump and run quite a bit and now, after a decade of hitting it low My ball flight is getting higher and higher...may be playing squirts shafts Ian by the time I see you and dale in Scotland...

Iíve got two sets of X7 pulls for sale. I have my normal set, and then I also have the soft setup thatís only tipped 1.5Ē. Please shoot me a message if youíre interested
Current Gamer Bag:

13 clubs that I hit farther than you and a putter than never misses