Author Topic: Mitsubishi MMT Iron Shafts  (Read 784 times)

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Re: Mitsubishi MMT Iron Shafts
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2019, 06:43:56 PM »
My thoughts after hitting some balls and a full round where I had to use a lot of different irons for approach shots.

My irons again for reference:

MP20 Irons:

Mizuno HMB 3i 105S

HMB 4-6 105TX SSx1

MB 7-P 125TX Ssx1

Wedges:

Mizuno T20 50 and 55 125TX 9 iron shafts

These originally came with DG AMT White in the irons and DG S400 TI in the wedges.

Me: 30s, former baseball player, donít generate a lot of CHS anymore but am a solid 6í 220 with a quick tempo and hard transition/short swing so I have always found more success going up a flex. 100-103 with driver seems to be about what I can do these days.

My first reaction was that they have an understated look of quality to them.

I put the 105S in the 3i because I wanted some more launch out of that club (I was hitting mid bullets with the AMT White S300) and it definitely feels noticeably softer than the 105TX SSx1 in the 4 iron.

The ball seems to really jump off the face of the irons and wedges with these shafts and negative vibrations are reduced tremendously. I seem to have picked up maybe a half club distance versus the DG steel.

I used to be a flipper and fought a high ball flight, but once I got rid of the flip I have been fighting low ball flight the last two seasons. I was pleased to see these effortlessly launch at a perfect high, yet very strong trajectory. I hit some of the prettiest iron shots I hit all year with these Thursday.

I was afraid these would feel boardy and uncomfortable (such as the Recoil Proto 110 F5, for me) if I put them straight in, but I think I could have been just fine without soft stepping.

The shafts donít feel boardy but they do seem to play stouter than they feel. Ball flight is very straight and controllable and the feedback is excellent. I never looked up after a swing and had that ďwtfĒ moment where the ball was doing something unexpected.

Overall quite pleased with the investment in the MMTs.
ONOFF Labospec 358 Driver - Tour AD TP6x
Titleist TS2 16.5* - Kuro Kage XM 80x
Justick Proceed TI UT 21*
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-6 MB 7-P - MCA MMT
Mizuno T20 50 and 55 - MCA MMT
Seven ST 61* - MCI 125 ďMildĒ Wedge
Epon I-33 - Matrix PZ125 Shaft

95124hacker

• Super Ho
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2019, 05:58:41 PM »
Thanks for the review.
The GolfWRX Mitsubishi rep told me via IM that the MMTís play similarly to the Fubuki AX 425ís I have in some TourStage 705ís.
But I generally donít like the feel of any of the metal fiber reinforced graphites, with exception of Steelfibers.
Now I may consider MMTís but will shaft one head first before going all in.

Sgt Squirts

• Junior Ho
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2020, 02:29:44 PM »
MBGG: Do you think the 125TX hard stepped a time or two could hold up to a 108-111 mph SS?

Thatís my 7 iron SS, for reference.
Current Gamer Bag:

13 clubs that I hit farther than you and a putter than never misses