Author Topic: Roddio PC 5-P,Q,R,S/Lunar8 Review  (Read 201 times)

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
Roddio PC 5-P,Q,R,S/Lunar8 Review
« on: September 21, 2019, 06:13:46 PM »
Thereís not much out there n these yet.  From what Iíve heard they were supposed to be modeled after the 701.  Ends forged...lots of small details...not cheap but 3k custom built with amazing shafts for 9 irons I though was a fair deal...I had them send me custom ferrules as I wasnít sure on the shafts...love the lunar7 in my utes and lunar 6 in baffy and lunar 8;iron is even better...very dense and meaty feeling with a bit of that soft roddio rubbery feel...perfect fit for me...

The lofts are strong, head is smaller heel to toe, slightly less offset than my 705s..the face milling on the wedges is spectacular...I love the wedges...48,51,56...so easy to control...I hit a couple 1/3 twothirds shots to 2-4 feet today...distances are about the same as 705 bangvoo setup...these are more consistent, better feeling, better out of rough...

Iíve played 5 rounds with them so far and just the best iron shots Iíve hit since I put the 705s in...
11.2*155/TPRX Xanadu
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
23.5hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S Roddio-wedge/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

swing981

• Fledgling Ho
Re: Roddio PC 5-P,Q,R,S/Lunar8 Review
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 10:29:31 AM »
Fantastic review

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 09:13:22 PM »
cool review H!
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-DesignTuningDiamondSpeeder-GTD4557D-Itobori7D
UTs : A-GrindBX-H-Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG
Wedges : GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 09:03:12 PM »
Thx fellas, weíre through the honeymoon period now...the no lob wedge thing is starting to irritate me a little...miss my 60*...may swap it in for a Ute...

Iím still liking these a lot...have now played 5 rounds and about as many practice sessions with them...was having a hard time shaping shots with them but that always the case with irons in this category...straight strong shots practice out on the course this evening...feel is different than epon...not not enough feedback to tell where caught the ball specifically...I think they are slightly less forgiving than 703...sound is different to, more thuddy less clicky...

The shafts are very good...wish they had a Lunar9 though..just a shade light I think from ideal...caught my first hotshot today with these...hitting 5iís in from 170ish and caught one real good right at the flag...rest were pin high but one ball was way back, 15 yards from pin...first one of those really...

I think the range kills my game but I did put in some range time tonight...surprised at how straight these are...with light shafts and offset, I thought Iíd be hitting hard draws with these but try as I might I couldnít hook one tonight...lots of straight shots and baby blocks...
11.2*155/TPRX Xanadu
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
23.5hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 04:20:46 AM »
Are these pocket cavity?  They look quite short heel to toe as well.  These are 703 comparable and not 5 series?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 04:22:33 AM by wmclarenf1 »
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-DesignTuningDiamondSpeeder-GTD4557D-Itobori7D
UTs : A-GrindBX-H-Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG
Wedges : GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 02:37:22 PM »
They are pocket cavity through PW...

Have had many rounds with these now...they are perfect for me...very controllable but theyíre as long as the 703 or 705...I prefer them over the 505s quite honestly...

The shafts are a big part of it...canít say enough about the lunar 8 iron shafts...spectacular and Iíve tried most high end graphite around..

As I look back on my weekend I hit some of the best 9;8;7;6;5 irons of my life this weekend...I hit the 5i 175 and 9i 128 comfortably...lil 3/4 punch shots are just automatic...I was 6 feet from the hole all day except on a critical par 3...had 136 into a super strong wind...I hit 8i comfortably 142...it was a 1plus club w d gusting to 2 or 3 clubs...I pulled 7 and focused n a pure 3/4 punch 🤛 shot...I was real loose but just ripped it pure through the wind...175 yards right through the wind...hit the cart path 20 yards passed and got an extra 25 yards of bounce out...

That is the singular feature of this setup... hit them dead straight in heavy wind...almost un canny...Itís been windy of late and shot after shot Iím ,hitting lasers past the hole...Iím taking more club but these just cut through the wind.

Impossible to hit huge cuts or hooks but baby draw is what she wants to do...long and strong, right on line...a small cut can be coaxed out of the irons but itís my big fade swing...

The wedges are really just sublime...Iím gett g a feel for them sow and so controll...

Iím in love with the Q wedge...I hit these low running skippers that check up and dance around the pin...the control is outstanding...

In general I would say these arenít as forgiving as the 703 or 705 but I donít really notice as I hit them dead center almost all the time...

To answer your questions art>
They are shorter heel to toe than than 700 series...they look just a shade bigger than the 505s..if I had to put them in the epon lineup Iíd say a true 600 series iron....

They feel a lot like the 505...a bit softer...definitely more forgiving than the 505::::yeah right in between the 500 and 700 series...

They are S15 one piece forgings...they donít feel pocket cavityish...

They donít really feel forged cbíish either...

What I really like is the sound...very muted...soft...like a high caliber bullet coming out of a silencer...

I donít honk theyíre for a player who doesnít need some extra distance...m closing in on 50 and I do not work out or exercise in any way other than chain smoking cigars and drinking as much sauce as my liver will tolerate...
11.2*155/TPRX Xanadu
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
23.5hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 02:47:19 PM »
Oh also...these are not for the offset snobs...theyíre less offset than 700 series and just a shade more offset than 500 series...

I actually like offset..third person Iíve played with whoís said..l could never play these...look at that offset...and then handed me $30-62$ after the comment....works like a charm...I even make comments to these vanity handicap fools like...oh...these are beginners clubs...too much offset for players like you....you might outa give me a few more strokes to make it fair...3 out of 3 all got beat gross and weíre giving over 5 shots....

I highly recommend checking your ego and filling your wallet...Iím also having the best sex of my life with a super hot soon to be licensed yoga instructor...
11.2*155/TPRX Xanadu
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
23.5hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 03:55:07 PM »
So mrs free decided not to become a licensed yoga instructor...I guess itís actually a lot of work...might conflict with her other less difficult interests...like...FaceBook...Netflix...lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D

But...these irons r legit...hitting it so close to pins with such control...consistently...getting a half a dozen looks inside 8 feet per round so even though my putting is atrocious Iím make one or two birdies a round which is good for me...love this setup...59* T wedge with lunar 9 is coming along with an 11.5* compact mid / lunar 5+....just have no inclination to feel any other shaft at this point...
11.2*155/TPRX Xanadu
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
23.5hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX