Author Topic: Fake Epon SUS316  (Read 260 times)

SnapHooker86

• Fledgling Ho
Fake Epon SUS316
« on: August 20, 2019, 09:32:04 AM »
Just letting everyone know that a fake set of Epon SUS316 3-PW heads are being sold on eBay under item #333297188330... Long story short, I purchased these heads back in February from an individual on eBay... After determining they were counterfeit, I returned them to the seller... it appears that the original seller unloaded the fake iron heads to a large used club seller on eBay who are now listing it...

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Re: Fake Epon SUS316
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 03:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. Such a shame
ONOFF Labospec 358 Driver - Tour AD TP6x
Titleist TS2 16.5* - Kuro Kage XM 80x
Justick Proceed TI UT 21*
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 4-6 MB 7-P - MCA MMT
Mizuno T20 50 and 55 - MCA MMT
Seven ST 61* - MCI 125 “Mild” Wedge
Epon I-33 - Matrix PZ125 Shaft

midnighter

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 06:23:26 PM »
What is the giveaway for the sus316?

SnapHooker86

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 02:01:59 PM »
Font, color, distance between logo & “Epon”, distance between each individual letter, and whether or not there are any visible marks of machining...

These were really good fakes... when I first got them, you absolutely could not distinguish between real/fake... The color & font were spot on, so I paid little attention to the distances between the logo & “Epon”, etc... But the paint on the cavity slowly started flaking off & that obviously was a red flag... Very faint machine marks were visible on the cavity... the paint was also slightly lighter

It took several weeks, but I had the serial number checked by Swing Science (North American distributor for Epon)... It would be nearly impossible to check with each and every major distributor... (Epon in Japan would not cooperate with me at all)...

During this time, I bought an additional set from a trusted member that I knew to be real... After comparing the 2, the fakes were longer heel-to-toe, the sole was thinner, and the hosels were slightly longer... Extremely slight differences, however...

Swing Science confirmed that the serial # was not real, but that is only 1 marketplace... thankfully, Paypal stepped in and refunded my money