Author Topic: Labo MB-247D  (Read 1754 times)

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
Re: Labo MB-247D
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2019, 08:38:18 AM »
So what did I learn today...

Sun hurts eyes when looked directly at even with sunglasses...

Also, the Modus shaft and I are not a match made in heaven...  I would say I am not a fan.  Having said that I did manage to figure out how to play with it installed on the iron heads enough to get a feel for what the 247Ds could be. Many shots were thin l, but found the sweet spot on some to get that nice dense thud with good ball flight.

I predict these heads will be keepers once I turn those Modus shafts into vine growers and put something else in their place. Am contemplating the Attas 10s now as a quick test before the OTIs arrive.

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 11:56:47 AM »
Absolutely Steve, get that old steel tech outa there.
Looking forward to your thoughts on the OTI's.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2019, 09:20:10 PM »
Got them shafted up and built.  No idea on SW but can adjust that later.  Put some red Elite grips and the carbon weave ferrules on.
Logo up as there was no way I was gonna get it right the other way.

38.5" 5 iron shafted with the OTI 100x 4i shaft.

Will hopefully have a round tomorrow with them..

Pics will follow at some point.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 12:02:28 PM »
Had a round this morning with the newly shafted clubs.  Definitely glad to see the crappy Modus shafts out and something a little stouter and the right length in its stead.  Was making much better contact today than previous attempts with the heads.

Overall the feeling of these when solidly struck is somewhat Zen-like, in the frozen butter kind of way.  Had a few thinner contacts and which were noticeable but not overly harsh.  Turf interaction was solid and in spite of the wet course I did not have any issues with digging.

Distance, I did not have my handy dandy GPS watch so was guessing at distances.  The few tee shots I hit where there would be comapartive, it was consistent to other clubs that I actively play.

The challenge will now be to differentiate shaft behavior from head behavior.

I must admit that I am a little saddened they did not do any face milling on the irons as I to like that extra touch of craftmanship.

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2019, 01:10:46 PM »
Couple more rounds under my belt and am enjoying these more and more as I dial them in.

Have started using a 90% swing and a little choke down to reduce spin and resulting in about the same distance due to better contact quality.

Divots are healthy but not too deep, which is nice given the amount of moisture in the ground up here still.

Shafts load and unload well squaring up at the ball quite nicely.  Not able to draw these as much as other clubs yet but can get baby draws going on the longer irons.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 04:00:32 AM »
You're back with a vengeance.  Good stuff!
Drivers : JadeAdllerRX460-DesignTuningIDV-GTD455-Itobori-RyomaMaxima2
UTs : Itobori-Modart-Muziik-Proceed
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG-CNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2019, 10:13:21 AM »
You're back with a vengeance.  Good stuff!
If I can't play I stay off of the boards cause it makes me feel worse about not playing.  Same reason I don't post much during the northern hemisphere's winter months...

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2020, 04:16:05 PM »
Have taken these out a few times this year and am calling out of favor with the shaft and contemplating a rip and replace or adding a SS.  Built up a 4 iron with an old Hogan blade and the 2 iron shaft in 110x to see how it plays as an incremental data point for next course of action.