Author Topic: New To JDM - Been a Club-Hoe Though  (Read 233 times)

PutterWorksLtd

• Fledgling Ho
New To JDM - Been a Club-Hoe Though
« on: May 25, 2019, 08:10:21 AM »
I'm new to the JDM club market. I've been playing for 5 years, all self taught, which you know means it's time for a lesson.

Found my way to Fourteen through my current job in Golf Retail. Was exposed to a set of Fourteen TC-550 and TC-770 that my store took in as Trade-Ins. Prior to that I had come across Fourteen on other Forums and Groups I'm in, but this was the first in-hand exposure I've had.

Current setup is Mizuno MP-15 4i-7i, and Callaway Apex MB '18 8i-Pw with Modus 105 Stiff

After loosing faith in the current setup, and testing the 2009 TC-550, I realized I may be leaving a little on the table with not playing a true CB and that I may also be ignoring the benefits of swapping to graphite.

Currently waiting to assemble a set of FH-900 3i-Pw. Will play 5-P in the 900, and acquired a 4i in the aforementioned TC-550. They will receive Recoil Proto 110s in Stiff, the 4i is getting a 90g Kuro Kage Black, and I'll be retaining my Apex UT 21° with Kuro Kage Silver 80g.

Anyway, I know this is long winded, but I look forward to playing the 14s once the shafts have been paid for and I get the club builder to assemble them.

Next acquisition once the current combo set is sold; I'm thinking about a set of Honma 737s, but haven't decided which model. Maybe someone here can give me some feedback on that particular topic.

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
Re: New To JDM - Been a Club-Hoe Though
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 08:50:50 AM »
I love the Recoil Prototype shafts. Good choice. The KK black I didn't, feel was dead.
Driver/FW: Ping Rapture 12.5° + PWR75 ts.
HY: Ping G400 17° + Oban White x
Irons: Titleist VG3 Forged 4i - PW + Recoil F5
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Forged 50 + Recoil F5
Wedges: Callaway PM19 54°/58° + Recoil proto.
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX

PutterWorksLtd

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 09:06:22 AM »
This will be the first experience with the KK Black. I had the KK Silver in the UT, and it made a beautiful driving iron. I felt it was a little high and I might get more roll with something a little lower and closer to steel. So I went to Aldila Rip a 105s. That was the stiffest shaft I've ever felt in my life. Much firmer than any X Flex. Went from there to Diamana WB 92g, which was nice for a while, but I still was inconsistent with. Now I'm back to the KK Silver, and the consistency and dispersion is wonderful. Using it off tight tees where I need a little more accuracy and using a Cobra Oversize 3-4 Hyb with Tour AD HY95s where I have a little more room.

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 09:15:23 AM »
Welcome
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 09:34:18 PM »
Welcome and props to you for posting pics so fast! Giving you a smite for that!  Welcome again.
Drivers : AbroadDF570BAngel-Crazy435Angel5-DesignTuningIDVTK03-GTD455Crazy9Dia-Itobori7D
UTs : A-GrindBX-H-Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi
Irons : GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG0
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon