Author Topic: Yamada Putters (Handmade) (What is everyone's thoughts?)  (Read 209 times)

604_skyline

• Fledgling Ho
Yamada Putters (Handmade) (What is everyone's thoughts?)
« on: May 28, 2019, 08:44:45 PM »
Hello,

Have a chance to get a yamada handmade emperor putter, what is everyone's thoughts on them? Are they too soft? what are they made of? carbon steel or stainless steel? would love to hear the good/bad

thanks in advance

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
Re: Yamada Putters (Handmade) (What is everyone's thoughts?)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:57:56 PM »
no negatives here...
had lots of them, still have lots of them

as a rule  pretty  soft,  but  the handmade series  he  seems to  use shallow  milling and thicker top lines, which I gravitate to in  putters , yea  if my  memory serves me the emperor has a mild milling and  is frimer and clickier  squarer shape  in a burnt copper finish.

yea  id go it!

astro tourv3 10*// quadra fire express prototype 2016
prgr egg spoon15*//roddio tour only  bee71x
fourteen tw u 21*//diamanana stinger 70x
masda mb 3/pw.....NS stx
prgr nabla id 52*. NS WV125s Yamaha raw black  56*....NS wv 125s
fourteen mt 28 60*....NS 950s
maruman cs mallet
tourstage x-01z

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Ultra Ho
  • This hobby is like my wife, no money left...
Re: Yamada Putters (Handmade) (What is everyone's thoughts?)
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 12:37:29 PM »
Hello,

Have a chance to get a yamada handmade emperor putter, what is everyone's thoughts on them? Are they too soft? what are they made of? carbon steel or stainless steel? would love to hear the good/bad

thanks in advance
Pretty sure they are carbon.  There was run on them when it was given to Obama some years back.  I have a blade one which I like quite a bit. Very well made and plays well to boot.

If it suits your eye and to have the free cash, go for it.  Worst case, you hate it and resell for modest loss on the experiment.