Author Topic: seven putters.  (Read 901 times)

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
seven putters.
« on: May 07, 2019, 07:27:54 PM »
gotta say.........................,

this is EASILY as nice to hit and feel and look at as  any of my golds I reckon.
been using it recently. im finding It very hard to  take out of the bag, esp for comps.

bit longer than I normally use 35+ inch 566 grams
re did  it with a muziik pistoero grip, if u like that style then I IMPLORE you to try these out, they are GREAT grips.

hats  off to Mr 7 bec this is farkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen awesome !!!!!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 07:33:43 PM by tsupo67 »
astro tourv3 10*// quadra fire express prototype 2016
prgr egg spoon15*//roddio tour only  bee71x
fourteen tw u 21*//diamanana stinger 70x
masda mb 3/pw.....NS stx
prgr nabla id 52*. NS WV125s Yamaha raw black  56*....NS wv 125s
fourteen mt 28 60*....NS 950s
maruman cs mallet
tourstage x-01z

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: seven putters.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 10:41:07 PM »
I tried this in a shop in Bangkok..  Nice looks wise but nothing spectacular or unique.  Feel wise, also found it too mushy soft.. but that is the definition of a good putter for most so that helps sell.  Not a bad putter but nothing great.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 10:46:08 PM by wmclarenf1 »
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-DesignTuningDiamondSpeeder-GTD4557D-Itobori7D
UTs : A-GrindBX-H-Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG
Wedges : GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 07:39:07 PM »
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, its soft in a way yes,  but not EPON soft, this has a really nice firm  click  to it. might be a combo of the extra length/weight  but I had this in play with my  GOLDS  gss ( deep mill)  and machine  cu insert full  Damascus last weekend and  this want lost at all , the   shape is diff to most , big thick top line . rounded thick bumpers, heavy deep milling yes,  but the ball pops ,  I usually prefer a light  to no mill face, but credit to this bec it  feels like the ones I prefer.
I rate  this highly , very highly but I also rate the 2 ball odyssey forged highly as well and that's as special as a fart in a bath.
 I know u  hate  mr 7 and will do anything  to discredit him , but   I have over 70 putters  in play at the moment  so im pretty sure i know what im on about when  I put out a blast for a god un,     and THIS  , in my humblest opinion is  very, very  good.

masda mb 3/pw.....NS stx
maruman cs mallet
tourstage x-01z

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 10:23:17 PM »

and will do anything  to discredit him

Ohhh Stew... this is not true and only your opinion I'm afraid.  I just choose not to suck and swallow like a few.

Also its not just you that has gone through 70 or more putters... it works for you and that's great and your opinion.  Just let others be entitled to their opinions as well without making accusations like the quoted one.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 10:26:25 PM by wmclarenf1 »
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

TFL07670

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 11:51:56 PM »
Which version is this? Pic of the sole? I like the Pirata look. I definitely don't like it for $3k..

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 08:07:47 PM »
i  certainly don't like any  putter for 3k  either and  esp when u can get a fully customed benock for   around half that .

I saw his full monty of 7  and benok collaboration at the show this year,  and IMO of course it was miles ahead of all the other putters  there. miles better...

ha..well all  except for this litte fella which   I  have to get!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 08:09:57 PM by tsupo67 »
masda mb 3/pw.....NS stx
maruman cs mallet
tourstage x-01z

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2019, 01:28:52 AM »
I think I had the style Seven putter!
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

604_skyline

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 10:14:35 PM »
its the SM490A that probably makes this feel softer for most people, i think everyone has just become so accustomed to SS in a putter for the most part.

magpies

• Junior Ho
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2019, 08:13:25 AM »
i  certainly don't like any  putter for 3k  either and  esp when u can get a fully customed benock for   around half that .

I saw his full monty of 7  and benok collaboration at the show this year,  and IMO of course it was miles ahead of all the other putters  there. miles better...

A benock custom is shit. I did that. I rather pay my money to scotty at least i can still sell it away after.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2019, 08:24:02 AM »

A benock custom is shit. I did that. I rather pay my money to scotty at least i can still sell it away after.

LOL... you;re doing a stew.  Just because it didn't work for you doesn;t make it shit for all.  Don;t know why you are discrediting benock... :o  (see above for context :D)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 08:34:51 AM by wmclarenf1 »

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2019, 08:27:22 AM »
its the SM490A that probably makes this feel softer for most people, i think everyone has just become so accustomed to SS in a putter for the most part.

I don't know 604... SM490A is softER but in this case, its the extreme deep milling.  Its a good putter (heard that stew... ;D), but for me its not great.  Could be for someone else but not me.  I hope its ok to express my opinion on a forum without being accused of discrediting someone.  I'm not a fan of Scotty as well.. maybe I'm discrediting him now as well?....

604_skyline

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2019, 09:33:42 AM »

I don't know 604... SM490A is softER but in this case, its the extreme deep milling.  Its a good putter (heard that stew... ;D), but for me its not great.  Could be for someone else but not me.  I hope its ok to express my opinion on a forum without being accused of discrediting someone.  I'm not a fan of Scotty as well.. maybe I'm discrediting him now as well?....

I am not a fan of the super deep milling either to be honest, and scotty has turned into a glorified accessory shop if you ask me; more concerned with headcovers and the like as opposed to what he started with, putters. he has not released a decent retail line in what 10+ years?

i will say there seems to be a major influx of little putter companies all over the place, it seems anyone with a milling machine is making them now...

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2019, 10:48:23 AM »
Yeah..  and all cnc milling.. no more hand craftsmanship.  But hey, some want that so all good for them.

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2019, 06:45:30 PM »
fujimoto make a full hand made putter.  boy,  that is soft!

benock  all thoe ones ive hit played have are lovely. totally differnt feel, very taught and stiff feel. 

scotty will always be the king until someone else makes a putter that wins more that 15 majors.

simple as that .
masda mb 3/pw.....NS stx
maruman cs mallet
tourstage x-01z

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2019, 08:01:16 PM »
had this out yesterday again ...........
had the  gss 360 golds/  diamana proto ,  benock blue dragon with dogatti 135 and another gauge/golds mod alongside.

hot as hell yesterday 35* here.
 the diffferece I noticed was very big yesterday.

the first thing I noticed was the shafts!

the diamana and dog felt miles  tighter at impact, the steel seemed to  give more  and hold the ball on the face more meaning  the distance  difference was pretty marked. I was coming up short with the seven and the  gauge  all day, the  carbon shafts were may pingier and  taughter  I mean it wasn't close it was a sever  difference. now the kicker.. the  steel  left the ball sittng closer to the hole all day without going long, the carbon was pretty much hole high and beyond all day , basically i  missed further with the  carbons  but left the steel  tap in short.

which is the lesser of 2 evils ?

masda mb 3/pw.....NS stx
maruman cs mallet
tourstage x-01z