Author Topic: Texas and Nor Cal Golf Course advice  (Read 2076 times)

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: Texas and Nor Cal Golf Course advice
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2019, 12:09:07 AM »
My base will be in Plano and I'm restricting myself to courses where I have club affiliation to and less than an hours drive away.
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-DesignTuningDiamondSpeeder-GTD4557D-Itobori7D
UTs : A-GrindBX-H-Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG
Wedges : GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2019, 08:21:29 PM »
Just got back on Sat from the States. Had a great time in Dallas and SF.

Ended up with 3 rounds instead of 4.  Played The Tribute in Dallas which is a links style course that mimicks holes from the various Scotland courses.  Even had the famous road hole and bridge.  Great condition and great value at $39 inclu buggy.  Had a nice friendly cart girl too!

I then played Old American, another links style course which also hosts some LPGA tourny.  Weather was not as good in the low 50s with a cold front.  Had to give up my round at Cowboys as that morning, it was high 40s and rainy.  I didn't fancy that.

Finally round in SF was at TPC Harding.  Weather again was high 40s but I just wanted to grace the same course with so many all time greats.  I did par the Index 1 and birded the final Par 5 though.  Shot 84 which I thought was good given its the first time playing there and for my 12.4 handicap and also coming from 91* and not so windy weather. Glad I did not give up this round due to weather.

Thanks to all who helped with course selection especially for Dallas.
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-DesignTuningDiamondSpeeder-GTD4557D-Itobori7D
UTs : A-GrindBX-H-Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG
Wedges : GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

95124hacker

• Super Ho
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2019, 12:43:59 AM »
Too bad I wasn’t able to meet up in SF.
Hopefully you’ll be back soon.