Author Topic: Texas and Nor Cal Golf Course advice  (Read 562 times)

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Texas and Nor Cal Golf Course advice
« on: January 28, 2019, 04:05:43 AM »
Ok you yanks..

Any one can recommend which of the following courses to play?   These are based on reciprocals/affiliation through my club.

I'll have 3 rounds in Texas and options are :

1. Ridgeview Ranch
2.  River Chase Golf Club
3.  Thorntree Golf Club
4.  Old American Golf Club
5.  Bear Creek Golf
6. Cowboys Golf Club
7. Iron Horse Golf Club
8. Lake Park Golf Club
9.  Mansfield National
10.  Plantation Golf club
11. The Golf Club at Fossil Creek
12.  The Golf Club at Twin Creeks

For San Francisco, I'll have 2 rounds.Options are :

1. Ruby Hill Golf Club
2.  Monarch Bay
3.  Summitpointe

I may have an in to Spy Glass (via a member here) so that'll take first priority of course.

Not fussed if its a resort or links style course just that its is good condition.

Please recommend in order of preference.

Thanks.
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

95124hacker

• Super Ho
Re: Texas and Nor Cal Golf Course advice
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 11:35:08 PM »
For Nor Cal:

1. Ruby Hill is a private. Played it once. Good track.

Skip both Monarch Bay and Summitpointe. While in Livermore (where Ruby Hill is), play Wente Vineyards ( Greg Norman course) and Poppy Ridge (Nor Cal Golf Association member course).  Callippe Preserve is another decent track in that area if you can squeeze in a 4th.

Pasatiempo (Alister Mackenzie) is a must play if you’ve never experienced it.

When are you going? PM me if you want to play together. I can take you as a guest at Poppy Ridge.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:37:12 PM by 95124hacker »

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 09:24:49 AM »
For Nor Cal:

1. Ruby Hill is a private. Played it once. Good track.

Skip both Monarch Bay and Summitpointe. While in Livermore (where Ruby Hill is), play Wente Vineyards ( Greg Norman course) and Poppy Ridge (Nor Cal Golf Association member course).  Callippe Preserve is another decent track in that area if you can squeeze in a 4th.

Pasatiempo (Alister Mackenzie) is a must play if you’ve never experienced it.

When are you going? PM me if you want to play together. I can take you as a guest at Poppy Ridge.

You're in Norcal.... cool.  Will PM you soon.  May have a fellow member from the east joining.

puttitout

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 11:02:15 AM »
I am from the Dallas area.  The top 3 course from your list would be: 1. Cowboys 2. Old American 3. Fossil Creek. 

Cowboys is always top of the list for public courses in DFW area.  LPGA plays at Old American for one of their stops here in DFW.  Fossil Creek is an Arnold Palmer designed course. 

Thank you

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 03:04:43 PM »
I am from the Dallas area.  The top 3 course from your list would be: 1. Cowboys 2. Old American 3. Fossil Creek. 

Cowboys is always top of the list for public courses in DFW area.  LPGA plays at Old American for one of their stops here in DFW.  Fossil Creek is an Arnold Palmer designed course. 

Thank you

Thanks for this.  Is there any must play course in Dallas?

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 09:08:22 PM »
Second pasatiempo and poppy ridge but have to say San Juan oaks, a Freddie couples on the way from San Jose to Monterey is my all time favorite...the back 9 is just unreal...well worth the stop, used to head down every Saturday to poppy hills then hit sj oaks on the way home...so many good tracks in nor cal, honestly, pebble is worth the money as is spyglass and the rest of them in Carmel...land of milk and honey...poppy hills and ridge were the best deals in golf...$46 if you’re an ncga member...
11.2*155/Basileus Alpha 60x
16.5baffy/Lunar6
21hyute/lunar7
4-P 505, 705A/muziikbangvoo
213 53.5/60/muziikbangvoo
EXO odyssey
TP5X

95124hacker

• Super Ho
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 10:25:12 PM »
Second pasatiempo and poppy ridge but have to say San Juan oaks, a Freddie couples on the way from San Jose to Monterey is my all time favorite...the back 9 is just unreal...well worth the stop, used to head down every Saturday to poppy hills then hit sj oaks on the way home...so many good tracks in nor cal, honestly, pebble is worth the money as is spyglass and the rest of them in Carmel...land of milk and honey...poppy hills and ridge were the best deals in golf...$46 if you’re an ncga member...

You’re dead on, H, except  Poppy Ridge is now $86 and Hills is $110-$120 on weekends for members!
Mentioned those to A via PM also.
Land of milk and honey?
Sometimes land of MILF and money! Or is that Florida?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 10:28:25 PM by 95124hacker »

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 11:13:01 PM »

Why don;t you fly out for 5 days...  Hopefully another NJ forummer will be able to make it as well.

puttitout

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 08:05:29 PM »
Dallas Cowboys would be a must play course.  It's the most expensive public course in the DFW area but it will be worth it.  If you buy the all in inclusive deal, you can eat before and after the round.  All you can eat and drink on the course except for alcohol.  The course is always in top condition. 

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 10:50:11 PM »

Why don;t you fly out for 5 days...  Hopefully another NJ forummer will be able to make it as well.

Haha, would love to!  I miss my single days in the Bay Area...mrs free might go bonkers though and little free is literally killing me financially with the private school...

What dates?  If we could get sgt squirts out I’d get her pulled off...
16.5baffy/Lunar6
21hyute/lunar7
EXO odyssey
TP5X

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 01:52:41 AM »

Haha, would love to!  I miss my single days in the Bay Area...mrs free might go bonkers though and little free is literally killing me financially with the private school...

What dates?  If we could get sgt squirts out I’d get her pulled off...

I'll WhatsApp you

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 01:30:32 PM »

You’re dead on, H, except  Poppy Ridge is now $86 and Hills is $110-$120 on weekends for members!
Land of milk and honey?

Haha, still a screaming deal...how much is it now for your ncga card?  I think I paid $145 a year in the early 2000s...
16.5baffy/Lunar6
21hyute/lunar7
EXO odyssey
TP5X

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2019, 01:34:05 PM »
Free may just come out...dale has inspired me and u only go round this crazy merry go round once...

Art and I will take on u and squirts in a bestball match...shall we say $50 three ways?  Of course we all play off squirts +7 hcap.....
16.5baffy/Lunar6
21hyute/lunar7
EXO odyssey
TP5X

95124hacker

• Super Ho
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2019, 04:40:00 PM »

Land of milk and honey?

Haha, still a screaming deal...how much is it now for your ncga card?  I think I paid $145 a year in the early 2000s...

NCGA only $90 renewal through my club!