Author Topic: Steel in woods..... dont think they dont work!!!!!!!!  (Read 398 times)

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
Steel in woods..... dont think they dont work!!!!!!!!
« on: January 06, 2019, 06:44:11 AM »
Ive had this old cally erc fusion 3w thru bore head for an eon, was always one of my best /fave heads for a fwd. only thing is it was never grwat from the ground beci its  shape  just doesnt really make it an all rounder, from atee tho its always been a top performer, up there with the tour edge exotics, egg mfd, syard xv to name but a cpl....

So ive always strugled abit with an adequate build fpr short cpurses that dont need adriver ie,my 2home tracks .. 6000 yards if ur lucky!!!!
 Ive tred all manner or fwds back ther but nine really do what i want, actually tbh most are abit too long, they go into the hazzrd withthe wind which is always blowing, sp ihave to swing within ,yself and when i do that i make mistakes.

So i had this head with  , i found.... an  NS 950s fwd shaft!
It was mine from new but i have no idea how long its been without a head.
So  iasked mr wizard if it wud work... as it was it was a bit shortbec. Of the thru bore so he popped ina n extention to bring it to usual lenght 3w specs and ..off we went.
Yeaterdays  prqctice round was a perfect rest for it.

One word leaps out at  me.

Staright...... uneringly straight.
Flight was mid high /high  got a ton of carry but it did not move a mm left or right thru the swing
I must have had 10drives with it and not 1cud i"make " move .
My face lit up like afkkn chrissy treen in illumination season.

Finally....FINALLY i have an alt i dont have to hybrid my swin to max distance and accuracy , im 100%confident this ismthe thing that will get me on or front edge of thefkkr of ahole at longys hideous 10th,Manlys 1st/2nd/5th/6th/8th/9th/12th/13th/14th,NSW 3rd/13th/14th.... swing properly and full and not have nerves the ball will bend mid flight thru a swing flaw.

Steel, like it not.. fixes flaws but the price u pay is distance.

For some , with a decent set of cajones its worth the punt....... no , that baheeet its not apunt its a 100% fkkn NO BRAINER.

You will loose a fair bit of distance but if u want some guaranteed  accuracy then u gotta try steel , i might go in again with one of my eggs for jp. This is soley built for links but i really think i have an alt for the right occasion here as well

btw...  this head with the carbon crown is one of the sexiest  mofo head EVER!

P/s quick rush out and get the new tm copy of this head.. hahhaahaha lemmings everywhere

« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 06:52:57 AM by tsupo67 »
astro tourv3 10*// quadra fire express prototype 2016
prgr egg spoon15*//roddio tour only  bee71x
fourteen tw u 21*//diamanana stinger 70x
masda mb 3/pw.....NS stx
prgr nabla id 52*. NS WV125s Yamaha raw black  56*....NS wv 125s
fourteen mt 28 60*....NS 950s
maruman cs mallet
tourstage x-01z

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
Re: Steel in woods..... dont think they dont work!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:24:26 AM »
Wow, that is a good looking head at address. The face is probably a bit too deep for my liking but that is just me.
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 2007 Yamaha InpresX Black
LW: 60 Edel DGR
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 12:43:20 PM »
Wow, that is a good looking head at address. The face is probably a bit too deep for my liking but that is just me.

Played a 8.5* here: http://jdmclubhouse.com/index.php?topic=4405.0
Also played a 10+ a few years ago. Lovey feeling head, and good looking too.
Driver: TM M1 8.5 + Tensei CK Pro Blue 60tx.
Mini Driver: TM Original One 14.5 + Tensei CK Pro Blue 80tx.
DI:  Epon 903 20 & 23 + OTi120x
Irons: Epon AF-Tour MB 5i - PW + OTi120x
Wedges: Epon 208 KGX 53/59 + OTi110x.
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 07:35:18 PM »
took most of my fariways woods to  a big range session Saturday.
was trying  to find out IF one  was better................  or more suited.............or  gravitated to more.......... than all of the others.
just made me more confused really... they ARE all really good.

what I did find tho was the ERC fusion 3w 15* ns 950s fw shaft was in fact a really good piece VS all these uber schlokkens.

its the straightest  consistently  and its the hardest  to move laterally , its not long but its not short so no real  loss of points there, its about ,  I dunno I club behind id think ..  ????  15 yards ish   and  its horrendous from the toif, man it blows from the deck   but  from the tee  and I say this to all my beauties with the healthiest of respects... it MORE than holds its own vs the latest  with carbon .

its not high either its a pretty good  flight,  mid high.
most iwas getting ti to go was 1-2 yards draw and that REALLY took some doing.

good thing is with this it can handle slow swing just as well as fast.
makes no difference .

this is headed abck home to the links where im backing itll be a thing of reliable beauty in the wind. along with the prgr 3 I (DI) with NS sp orange .

cpl of things just clicked, its not for here so much but back home im baking its gonna be a massive winner!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:43:51 PM by tsupo67 »
astro tourv3 10*// quadra fire express prototype 2016
prgr egg spoon15*//roddio tour only  bee71x
fourteen tw u 21*//diamanana stinger 70x
masda mb 3/pw.....NS stx
prgr nabla id 52*. NS WV125s Yamaha raw black  56*....NS wv 125s
fourteen mt 28 60*....NS 950s
maruman cs mallet
tourstage x-01z