Author Topic: putters: what you got ?  (Read 245 times)

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
putters: what you got ?
« on: October 16, 2018, 02:28:21 AM »
seriously , whats  the scoop on putters in the house, not just gamers,  I mean the whole shooting match.

ive got 70+/- ish
30 of which I play  pretty regularly Id think.
a  few are wall pieces  and the rest are in  the,  ok, maybe  a game sometime soon bin.
I trade a FK load of these locally  and try get a few exotic bits and bobs  but so far not 1 of them id say is THE best.

but theres a cpl id never let go of  and not what ud think.

1986 masters jack McGregor/axis eagle/odyssey 2 ball black forged/HM mz-07/HM 1999ltd LN/yamada cu/ for eg. prob never oust these

the rest  are happy to move about freely after ive  had my fun with them.

seem to be on a gigaintic centre shafted mallet binge recently, 10 or so of the  last  15 or so have been  CS , maruman , modart, prgr  have been making a few nice pieces and TBH   not sure why  im getting them   I don't really putt better with them, I just love the look and feel of them  I guess.

ansers come and go with my putting , if im hitting them well Ill go back to the ansers but when im not  I try  EVERYTHING.
I take minimum of 4 putters easch game with me  spedn an hour on the greens first then play, that way all flatties get a proper go, not just a 30-40 putt round and moved on, I give them all  their fair go.

lately  the ones ive been best with are the compact  mallets that are heel balanced and supposedly THE worst shape for my  stroke.the kind below.  really love the head shape of these  but they are no good for  me

go figure!

TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

HisAirness

• Fledgling Ho
    • DerGolfmeister
Re: putters: what you got ?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 04:15:47 AM »
The putter bug never itched me real bad. I tried a couple of them and experimented with the different shapes and shafting positions but that "I want to have it reflex" is almost non existent for putters. Maybe because I've never been good with the flat stick. My current gamer is a heavy head grindworks forged plus one (Anser style) with a Mitsubishi Diamana prototype shaft that seems to stay in the bag. Lately I built a Miura KM-007 with a UST frequency filtered shaft. It's also a nice putter but with my slight arc putter path the long sight line irritates me a little bit. Center shafted mallets never worked for me - they may felt good but never worked well over a couple of rounds.

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 07:16:45 AM »
The putter bug never itched me real bad. I tried a couple of them and experimented with the different shapes and shafting positions but that "I want to have it reflex" is almost non existent for putters. Maybe because I've never been good with the flat stick. My current gamer is a heavy head grindworks forged plus one (Anser style) with a Mitsubishi Diamana prototype shaft that seems to stay in the bag. Lately I built a Miura KM-007 with a UST frequency filtered shaft. It's also a nice putter but with my slight arc putter path the long sight line irritates me a little bit. Center shafted mallets never worked for me - they may felt good but never worked well over a couple of rounds.

+1. Never got the bug to buy putters. Now drivers, that's a different story.....
Driver: jBEAM Glorious 10.5* + Motore VT 7.0x, 45.5", MCC Plus 4.
HY: Fourteen UT716 1i/3i/5i + Thump h90x, 39"-42", MCC Plus 4.
Irons: OnOff Forged 6i - gw + Accra Tour Ti Mesh, Superstroke.
Wedges: Miura WMF-06 53*/58* + BG

95124hacker

• Super Ho
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 10:28:23 PM »
I can say Iím not a putter ho but I probably have at least 15 or more. I have 3 that I would consider rare / collectible: 1998 SC Xperimental LN TeI3 with bomber jacket cover, 1999 Masters Winner Jose Maria Olazabal Kevin Burns 9304, and a Japan only TM Rossa.

Others are not very special. My last 4 purchases were center shafted mallets.

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 10:48:07 PM »
putting is by far the weakest part of my game, its scary how bad it is vs ball striking. fkkn does my head in but I love putting , I spend so many more hours putting than hitting these days,  fave part of a round is the putting greens when I play at a  nice course,  I take  a heap of them with me and go thru them all , then decide what to play on course.

no comp over  here so we get to do what we like in terms of  playing, usually  some form of scramble, nasau, or just practice rounds.

green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 12:41:38 AM »
My current putters including the newest addition "Ugly Duckling"  which I expect to help me achieve a first ever under par round!! 

Left to Right   

Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H / Dogatti PT 135 / Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Benock EASPADE Type S  / Shimada NSTP 120 / Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
Gold's Factory T102 Prototype / Shimada NSTP 120 / Iomic Absolute
Seven VS-R Sandvik SS Prototype / Shimada NSTP 120 / Iomic Absolute
Benock Blue Dragon II / Shimada NSTP 120 / Iomic Absolute
DR: Modart MA01D+R / Diamana W
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana 'Ahina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Ping Vault 2.0 CRAZ-E H ( in trial mode )

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 12:45:36 AM »
putting is by far the weakest part of my game, its scary how bad it is vs ball striking. fkkn does my head in but I love putting , I spend so many more hours putting than hitting these days,  fave part of a round is the putting greens when I play at a  nice course,  I take  a heap of them with me and go thru them all , then decide what to play on course.

no comp over  here so we get to do what we like in terms of  playing, usually  some form of scramble, nasau, or just practice rounds.

I thought I was reading my own post there for a second!!! :)   Same here... my putting is just pathetic. 

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 01:45:33 AM »
Nice nob.  I think the golds and seven are likely kitadas in essence.
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 05:16:18 AM »
Might be me BUT I could only ever Use on Putter itís about feel and it as to feel like itís never been out my hands or Iím Done....

If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 08:40:29 AM »
Nice nob.  I think the golds and seven are likely kitadas in essence.

No. not this Goldís.... this one pre dates when Sasaya started using Kitadas. 
You wonít find Kitada blanks with this shape.

The Seven is.

Shacco

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 09:48:36 AM »
Never paid too much attention on putters to be honest. But after having the complete bag firmly set and putting being by far the weakest part of my game (and it's not even funny how bad it is), I started looking at putters. No idea what I really need though. Might be time to go for a putter fitting.
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 2007 Yamaha InpresX Black
LW: 60į Edel DGR
Putter: Odyssey Milled Collection 6M

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 08:15:09 PM »
nobs that bencok, the espade  is the one shape I really go on well with at the benock factory.
 did u find that one used ?
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 02:38:05 AM »
Got mine new.   They do have weight and lie options. I went with the heaviest 365g, 34.5Ē standard lie.   It almost plays like a center shafted wide blade but it does have a 42 deg toe hang similar to a typical anser type putter.   

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 07:26:02 PM »
been tossing over getting this for months now.  but as its getting to winter itll sit idle for  months  and knowing my ridiculous putting woes by the time I get it,  my fave wil be ansers again. funny head that one as soon as I sw it I though yikes ugly, but at addres it was whooooa there.. I like this !!

green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty