Author Topic: Roddio 2hybridUT-R-sole/lunar8 review  (Read 246 times)

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
Roddio 2hybridUT-R-sole/lunar8 review
« on: October 14, 2018, 06:16:21 PM »
Tough day...partner completely melted down...this club was money all tournament...exactly what I was looking for!

Was looking for something long that I could hit out of the rough...the 21* I have has an i7, a much inferior shaft IMO but still, tighter...performs real good, just not explosive like the lunar...wow is all I can say...even though the setup is heavyish for a 2u, it felt light...was whipping it through nice and easy all day long...baby cuts and dead straight lasers...was just what the doctor ordered out of the first cut of rough...I hit it anywhere from 185 to 220, only one fat shot that still went 180....right where I aimed it...this club favors a very slight fade...feel like I can close down the face very aggressively and what should be a hook is a baby draw...didn't ever lose it left though and mor often than not I ended up hitting small draws with it...it got a lot of use as it was windy today and course was set up tough...4, 420+ yard par 4s, 3 that played into the wind...this thing was a great windcheater...I kept hitting these straight as an arrow mid/low shots that went 205 into the wind and kept us alive with pars on all the best ball holes.  Was so confident with this club...I can't recommend the R-sole / Lunar 8 combo enough...they're not hard to load, I'm a 100 driver clubhead speed guy so I probably should play the 7 but I went with 8 because I liked the Stella 8 in my 23* and I'm very happy with the specs, the 8 makes it more stable, still easy to load...my god...the smoothest shaft I've played...wow...real good stuff...feel is very hard to describe....feels like the balls on the face forever...like you know exactly where it's going before it fires out of the club face towards the target...

Don't know why I don't see other guys messing around with these besides Dale...be careful Dale, these will get in your blood...
155/basialpha60x
15.6spoon/f7s
18.6cleek/waccinecompogr77s
21hyute/lunar8
705 5-A/muziikbangvoo90s
213 53.5/60/muziikbangvoo90s
Evenroll mallet
Titliest AVX

magpies

• Junior Ho
Re: Roddio 2hybridUT-R-sole/lunar8 review
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 12:02:51 AM »
Free whats the difference between Lunar and Stella? I am currently using the Pentacrossweb U-8 stiff on my hybrid and which is more similar to it?

lousifers

• Junior Ho
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 12:15:13 AM »
Free, you make me really want to try it

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 01:18:45 AM »
That looks like a really cool club.  Roddio makes good stuff.
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 06:53:43 AM »
I canít wait H...
Thatís my next stick to purchase!!
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 10:41:14 PM »
Free whats the difference between Lunar and Stella? I am currently using the Pentacrossweb U-8 stiff on my hybrid and which is more similar to it?

Lunar and Stella are very similar, different from pentacross which feels a little denser, boardier IMO...I like them both but I like lunar a bit better...I'm absolutely killing that u2/lunar....the shaft is firm but rubbery, easy to load but can't be overpowered...nice strong launch but not high...kinda flattens out and goes for a while....it's so accurate at that 200-215 yard range for me, looks kinda 7d ish...the best ut shaft Roddio has turned out by far IMO...
155/basialpha60x
15.6spoon/f7s
21hyute/lunar8
705 5-A/muziikbangvoo90s
Evenroll mallet
Titliest AVX

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2018, 03:55:10 AM »
Any more updates??
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 09:51:27 PM »
Still loving this thing...It's point and shoot...delightful strong trajectory and very easy to control...

Course was realz windz today.  Hit greens from 195, 210 and 198 with this thing...also all 205 second shots on the par 5s today...I have nothing bad to say about these...the r-sole is terrific out of the rough...pulled man drive into the chewy stuff on 2 but the ball came out perfectly and I was left with 95 in which I proceeded to get up and down for birdie...

What shaft are you getting Dale?
155/basialpha60x
15.6spoon/f7s
21hyute/lunar8
705 5-A/muziikbangvoo90s
Evenroll mallet
Titliest AVX