Author Topic: JDM Enthusiasts ?  (Read 395 times)

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
JDM Enthusiasts ?
« on: October 14, 2018, 01:02:00 PM »
There used to be quite a few JDM enthusiasts, especially during the 7D shaft, GF Putter, ZY-11, days and now there are the same 1 dozen guys in the whole world ?  What gives ?  The other site is practically down, where did everybody go ?  Maybe we should just do a group text with Nob, Stew, Art and Ian ?

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
Re: JDM Enthusiasts ?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 01:09:09 PM »
Lol...
WhatsApp
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 01:29:59 PM »
Oops, ill add Dale to the Group text....anybody else ?  One more person and we have a new forum....   :-[

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 02:36:38 PM »
There's plenty out there, just a little reluctant to post comments.
Driver: jBEAM Glorious 10.5* + Motore VT 7.0x, 45.5", MCC Plus 4.
HY: Fourteen UT716 1i/3i/5i + Thump h90x, 39"-42", MCC Plus 4.
Irons: OnOff Forged 6i - gw + Accra Tour Ti Mesh, Superstroke.
Wedges: Miura WMF-06 53*/58* + BG

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 03:09:04 PM »
Thats the same as saying there ae unicorns and leprechaun out there but they just don't want to be seen.....Not attention mongers like Bigfoot

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 03:33:49 PM »
Thats the same as saying there ae unicorns and leprechaun out there but they just don't want to be seen.....Not attention mongers like Bigfoot

So there isnít?

Iím Stu had a few Unicorns!
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 03:40:21 PM »

Er.....nothing like the same at all!!

Come forum members, post something. A review, some questions, a golfing trip you've been on, ANYTHING......

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 06:36:56 PM »
You can add me Robbie to the whatsapp thread...

I think JDM is bigger than ever in North America...JDM has a local presence now and pxg has opened up a new market in the us...I'm getting sold prices locally for my gear...several guys rave about my old sets and I'm getting solid offers locally for my jdm gear...I've also consulted/basically fit and purchased components and had them build to spec for a couple friends, both I put in a set of arts old iron shafts and they were amazing....5 years ago several guys though I purchased cheap China knockoffs...had several guys make comments like "you're a pretty good player...why don't you get yourself some decent clubs?"....there are a dozen guys at my club (membership of around 240) with epon in and out of the bag and half of them aren't guys I play with who've sucked up my lil brother specials....

The boards have always ebbed and flowed...the jdm section on wrx is ignorant...TSG is a ghost town...at least we have this board...it's pretty good...I find 9 out of 10 of the opinions I care to hear post regularly here...and we've got squirts...I live vicariously through squirts....someday, he'll be my member-guest partner....someday.....
155/basialpha60x
15.6spoon/f7s
18.6cleek/waccinecompogr77s
21hyute/lunar8
705 5-A/muziikbangvoo90s
213 53.5/60/muziikbangvoo90s
Evenroll mallet
Titliest AVX

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 06:49:10 PM »
just pop up, This months  NEW TM m 27 JUST released two days ago on run out at....

and watch how many  come out to post.

total
utter

waste  of time.

im done.
TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

95124hacker

• Super Ho
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 09:10:28 AM »
After 2+ years of buying everything JDM under the sun, Iím trying to settle on my ďoptimalĒ set.
Iíve been playing like CRAP this year. Blaming it on lack of practice & old age.

So far my optimal bag has:
Irons :  OnOff Forged (2011) w/ Roddio I-10ís (my crappy swing needs the forgiveness)
Wedges :  Cleveland RTX-3ís (the V soles give me confidence I wonít dig & chili dip)
FW :  TM M1 3HL (2016)  (my misses arenít that horrible compared to other FWís)
Putter :  Nike Method Matter M5/10 center shaft mallet (pretty anti-yip for me)
Ball :  Srixon Q-Star (pretty straight and decent spin & feel around the greens)

Driver :  my nemesis club. Played the PRGR RS-F (2016) this weekend. Saturday round was good, Sunday round was awful.
Hybrid/Ute :  unsettled. Rotating between Egg i+ (fugly), OnOff ProSpec, Cobra F6/F7.

So sort of East meets West setup.

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 09:33:48 AM »
After 2+ years of buying everything JDM under the sun, Iím trying to settle on my ďoptimalĒ set.
Iíve been playing like CRAP this year. Blaming it on lack of practice & old age.

So far my optimal bag has:
Irons :  OnOff Forged (2011) w/ Roddio I-10ís (my crappy swing needs the forgiveness)
Wedges :  Cleveland RTX-3ís (the V soles give me confidence I wonít dig & chili dip)
FW :  TM M1 3HL (2016)  (my misses arenít that horrible compared to other FWís)
Putter :  Nike Method Matter M5/10 center shaft mallet (pretty anti-yip for me)
Ball :  Srixon Q-Star (pretty straight and decent spin & feel around the greens)

Driver :  my nemesis club. Played the PRGR RS-F (2016) this weekend. Saturday round was good, Sunday round was awful.
Hybrid/Ute :  unsettled. Rotating between Egg i+ (fugly), OnOff ProSpec, Cobra F6/F7.

So sort of East meets West setup.

Jeeez Ed, our set-up is very similar. You're right, east meets west.

HisAirness

• Fledgling Ho
    • DerGolfmeister
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 09:50:29 AM »
For me it's similar to @95124hacker: I'm trying to settle on my optimal set.

My OnOff forged (2013) irons are paired with some Mitsubishi OTi shafts and are the core of my set. This combination withstood every attack by various irons (Miura, grindworks, RomaRo, Yamaha) so far. The overall performance is too good to be replaced.
On the low end are a couple of wedge sets in a small rotation depending on my mood: Fourteen RM-22, grindworks 86 series, Miura Tour Wedge, Yamaha black, grindworks Tungsten. Shaft is mostly Shimada Tour Wedge only the grindworks 86 series set has Modus3 105 wedge shaft but this is going to be changed this winter.
In the long section there is quite a mix: 4iron non JDM, high cor with KuroKage shaft; 3hy RomaRo iBrid ch2 with Atrax shaft; 5wood Adams Tight Lies 2 Titanium non JDM with Mitsubishi Bassara shaft.
Driver is a Yamaha V201 with Attas 4U shaft that is also hard to push out of my bag.
Putter: grindworks forged plus one with Mitsubishi prototype shaft

This week I will get a Romaro R-Type TS 5+ (16.5į) head that should kick the Adams 5wood out of the bag and fill the gap between 3hy and driver. At least the Adams has a JDM shaft and it's a titanium head what makes it a bit special. And it is very easy and forgiving to play.
The 4iron is also to be changed - maybe by a Miura ICL-601 driving iron. I like to have an all JDM Bag at one time.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 11:00:37 AM »
You can add me Robbie to the whatsapp thread...

I think JDM is bigger than ever in North America...JDM has a local presence now and pxg has opened up a new market in the us...I'm getting sold prices locally for my gear...several guys rave about my old sets and I'm getting solid offers locally for my jdm gear...I've also consulted/basically fit and purchased components and had them build to spec for a couple friends, both I put in a set of arts old iron shafts and they were amazing....5 years ago several guys though I purchased cheap China knockoffs...had several guys make comments like "you're a pretty good player...why don't you get yourself some decent clubs?"....there are a dozen guys at my club (membership of around 240) with epon in and out of the bag and half of them aren't guys I play with who've sucked up my lil brother specials....

The boards have always ebbed and flowed...the jdm section on wrx is ignorant...TSG is a ghost town...at least we have this board...it's pretty good...I find 9 out of 10 of the opinions I care to hear post regularly here...and we've got squirts...I live vicariously through squirts....someday, he'll be my member-guest partner....someday.....

H, sell my stuff for me!!!!
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 11:02:22 AM »
just pop up, This months  NEW TM m 27 JUST released two days ago on run out at....

and watch how many  come out to post.

total
utter

waste  of time.

im done.

Stew, you really seem to have something against tm in particular.... did theybshove an r7 somewhere? ;D
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 11:15:28 AM »
Cool, guys are starting to emerge, have we all reached a saturation point ?  Ive decided that the best irons for me are from 2013 and the best wedges for me are from 2005 and the fairway wood is from 2011....and my Golds putters are here to stay so basically all I do is rotate drivers.