Author Topic: 2016 TM M2 Tour Issue Driver  (Read 218 times)

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
Re: 2016 TM M2 Tour Issue Driver
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2018, 02:33:15 PM »
I wanted to see if I could replace my Ping G20 woods to go completely JDM in all of my bags.
Since I was unable to sell my Modart head after 2 months,  I am reinstating it back in the bag. 
Same with the Grandsita fairway.  It's going back in the bag.   
I guess the visit was good in that it reinforced my love for JDM products!!

They won't be better than the G20 woods. Just no.
Driver: TM M1 2017 10.5 + Accra 470 M5, 44".
FW: Cally GBB 17 + Accra FX200f, 41.5".
HY: Ping G20 20/23/27 + Accra FX200/300h, 39".
Irons: OnOff Forged 6i - GW + Accra Tour 110i TiMesh.
Wedges: Miura Giken WMF-06 53/58 + Black Gold x.
Putter: Rife Barbados.

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2018, 05:07:18 PM »
Did you get a chance to try out the TS3 in 8.5 ???   Thats the main difference I found in the TS3 and the speed across the face.  By lowering my launch and spin, I was able to increase my overall distance, but not my carry distance.

On a sidenote, it seems like the PXG Prototype driver is indeed the real deal, Ryan Moore who was a short hitter on tour has suddenly become a mid length player to slightly longer than medium driver of the ball.  I was watching him at the Safeway Open and he now has a different launch angle and a ton more roll.

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2018, 07:35:29 PM »
Did you get a chance to try out the TS3 in 8.5 ???   Thats the main difference I found in the TS3 and the speed across the face.  By lowering my launch and spin, I was able to increase my overall distance, but not my carry distance.

On a sidenote, it seems like the PXG Prototype driver is indeed the real deal, Ryan Moore who was a short hitter on tour has suddenly become a mid length player to slightly longer than medium driver of the ball.  I was watching him at the Safeway Open and he now has a different launch angle and a ton more roll.

My launch angle was lowest with the Grandista 9.0 deg.   Honestly, I didn't really care to pursue other options with the TS3 simply because the feel at impact was not soft and it had a higher pitched sound too.  The one Titleist driver that I would consider getting would be the C16.   It was forgiving and it felt really good off the face.   

I picked up a Diamond Speeder in 5S which I am going to put in the Grandista driver.   The 5X that I had in the driver willnow go in the Grandista 3W.   
Hopefully moving down a notch in the flex will provide a bit more launch as well as shaft loading. I'm normally not a Fujikura guy ... but this Diamond Speeder is really good to me.

DR: Modart MA01D+R / Diamana W
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana 'Ahina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Ping Vault 2.0 CRAZ-E H ( in trial mode )

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 12:24:05 AM »
Grandista is on my list of clubs to obtain in the near future