Author Topic: Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H  (Read 66 times)

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H
« on: October 16, 2018, 12:59:02 AM »
This is one of Pings classic mallet putter shapes that always worked for me better than others. Vault 2.0 series is a bit fancier with milling and weight screws.  Picked this one up used from the bay.   Originally had a stock shaft that was extended a couple of inches to 37
 Tried a few putts with it and surely it felt a bit weird.   Immediately took out my heat gun to remove the shaft.  What I love about plumbers neck and straight shafts is that its so easy to reshaft.  Since my Dogatti shaft was sitting idle I decided to give it a try at 34.5 .  Had to sand down the tip to fit the shaft in a .355 hosel.   Gripped it with a Super Stroke midslim 2.0.   
So far this combo feels really good.   Not as refined as Benock or Golds but the milled aluminum face feels pretty good especially with the Dogatti.  Will use this in the Par 3 challenge this weekend!!
DR: Modart MA01D+R / Diamana W
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana 'Ahina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Ping Vault 2.0 CRAZ-E H ( in trial mode )

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 01:09:12 AM »
What say you to the ping stew? 😏😏😁
Drivers : AbroadDF570-Crazy435-GTD455-GrandistaRS-D-Itobori-ModartDS-ProceedIX
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 02:04:30 AM »
had to look it up, never heard of it.

not  really my sport.

my ping is the  bronze ping cusion from a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time ago.
I had 2 of them , STUDILY sold one,  got them hot form a Jp pros bag 10ish yrs ago and  in startlingly good condition , I mean pristine....

face is 100%

stopped using it when I went on a putter binge of biblical proportions .................

, which reminds me, ill take it away this weekeeend.

TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 10:36:05 AM »
CRAZ-E is one of the oldest neo mallet shapes on the market.  I believe they first came out with this shape right around the time when the Odyssey 2 Ball came out.    It was all about high MOI with effective alignment aids back in those days.   Somehow I have never gotten along with the 2 balls design.
From the Odyssey lineup it was usually the #7 for me.    I had the O-Works 7S earlier this year but I think the feel off the face was just a bit too soft for me.

Back to the CRAZ-E...    Ive been recording all of my shots and putts in my rounds lately to analyze where I'm losing strokes the most. 
While Im seeing improvement, I still have 2 to 3 three putts in a round and miss 2 to 3 very makeable birdie putts.... thats 4 - 6 strokes I can potentially improve on putting alone.  Other misses are generally wedge shots with in between distance control and short stuff from around the greens.   
Looking at full shots from tee to green, I am hitting the ball quite nicely and making GIR more regularly than ever.   

I've been looking for another putter where I could actually see improved results.  A super forgiving putter or something with technology that makes it more consistent.   It was this CRAZ-E putter or the EVNROLL 1.1 (anser style) which I might eventually get anyway...

The craftsmanship of the Vault 2.0 is actually quite nice.   No different than Scotty mallets etc..
Feel is slightly firm but plenty nice if you use a softer urethane covered ball.   
The roll is really good.  Perhaps the Dogatti shaft is helping there.
Best part of it is that it is really easy to align.  I believe the alignment has been my biggest enemy.   We shall see what this putter brings to my game....  maybe a new low score?!   My ultimate goal is to become a scratch player before I am 60 years old.    Still have a ways to go at 5.8 hdcp :(       

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 12:16:57 PM »
Love the colour of this one. Much better than the original. From address it has always reminded me of a biker when looking front on.
Driver: jBEAM Glorious 10.5 + Motore VT 7.0x, 45.5".
FW: jBEAM Glorious 15.5 + Kuro Kage Proto 70x, 43".
HY: Ping G20 20/23/27 + Accra FX200/300h, 39".
Irons: OnOff Forged 6i - GW + Accra Tour 110i TiMesh.
Wedges: Miura Giken WMF-06 53/58 + Black Gold x.
Putter: Rife Barbados.

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 01:11:44 PM »
Yeah... a motorcyclist with a helmet on.   That's exactly what it looks like!!