Author Topic: BALLZ!!!!  (Read 5625 times)

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: BALLZ!!!!
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »
This time of year the Chrome Soft wins for me .. all round good ball

You still have the same stash I got you?
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-DesignTuningDiamondSpeeder-GTD4557D-Itobori7D
UTs : A-GrindBX-H-Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG
Wedges : GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2019, 04:21:49 PM »
I can absolutely confirm that. Somebody looking for spin the Tour B XS is the ball for you. But it will also Rob you some distance due to the high spin.  Most durable ball ever for me as well.

What kind of yardage loss?

With the driver I am probably going to have to take almost a full club more for my next shot comparing to the tp5 which is probably the longest ball for me. With irons about half to almost a full club shorter as well. But remember, I fight s high ball flight so lots of spin is not ideal for me.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 04:24:02 PM by Shacco »
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 2007 Yamaha InpresX Black
LW: 60° Edel DGR
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2019, 03:17:46 PM »
Since I flattened out my swing I now hit it much lower than I used to and with much less spin. The TM OO is also very low spin despite being higher lofted than any driver I’ve ever owned. I wouldn’t be surprised if the XS would actually benefit my carry distances through the bag due to the little extra spin. But I didn’t notice much of anything different when I played a couple sleeves of them earlier this year.

Also in regard to the AVX it just goes to show how different peoples’ perceptions are. That ball didn’t impress me in any way. I guess it was probably long but not noticeably longer than other balls, felt numb/dull, and didn’t spin as much as I’d like around the greens. I sold 3 of the sleeves from the dozen I bought.
S Yard T.388 Kuro Kage XM 70x
TaylorMade Original One 13.5* HZRDUS Green
Titleist TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage XM 80x
Mizuno MP-20 HMB 3-6 MP-20 Blade 7-P DG AMT
Mizuno T20 50 and 55 S400 TI
Callaway PM Grind 60
PXG Operator LTD Edition “Darkness”

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2019, 08:51:52 PM »
Art, u would do well with the avx...Matt, agree on some points u made about the avx...it is a little dull off the long clubs...prov1or TP5 better jump off the face and more spin around the green...I’m actually more consistent with the avx as I tend to spin my wedges too much...very consistent ball, significantly more consistent for me than TP5...which I fo7 d jumpy...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2019, 09:13:02 PM »
Art, u would do well with the avx...Matt, agree on some points u made about the avx...it is a little dull off the long clubs...prov1or TP5 better jump off the face and more spin around the green...I’m actually more consistent with the avx as I tend to spin my wedges too much...very consistent ball, significantly more consistent for me than TP5...which I fo7 d jumpy...

Interesting.  I was invited by titleist to the national fitting centre to try some stuff.  In the process, we tried different balls as well.. avx one of them. 

Turns out for me, with their range of irons, CNCPT included, I'm better with the Pro V1X.  This was supported with data of all sorts.  I'm not sure what system they used but it's the works.

A fallacy they feel is that slower swing speed players should play softer balls.  In some cases yes but for sure, it's not a general rule.  In my case, it turns out I've also lost some spin over the years. So a lower spinning ball like the Avx is not the best for me.

I left the session enlightened as some aged old myths were debunked.  I also left with a complimentary  box of Pro V1x. 

I have the Accra icwt90 shafts lying around..   I know which brand my next set of irons will likely be.. not jdm... just wondering if it's going to be 150 per head or 600 per head.. And yes.. All MIC.. they don't hide from that and I'm fully ok with that too.  There's an involvement of a Mexican dude for the 600 a head set but that's another story.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 09:18:30 PM by wmclarenf1 »
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-DesignTuningDiamondSpeeder-GTD4557D-Itobori7D
UTs : A-GrindBX-H-Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG
Wedges : GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2019, 12:23:06 AM »

Interesting.  I was invited by titleist to the national fitting centre to try some stuff.  In the process, we tried different balls as well.. avx one of them. 

Turns out for me, with their range of irons, CNCPT included, I'm better with the Pro V1X.  This was supported with data of all sorts.  I'm not sure what system they used but it's the works.

A fallacy they feel is that slower swing speed players should play softer balls.  In some cases yes but for sure, it's not a general rule.  In my case, it turns out I've also lost some spin over the years. So a lower spinning ball like the Avx is not the best for me.

I left the session enlightened as some aged old myths were debunked.  I also left with a complimentary  box of Pro V1x. 

I have the Accra icwt90 shafts lying around..   I know which brand my next set of irons will likely be.. not jdm... just wondering if it's going to be 150 per head or 600 per head.. And yes.. All MIC.. they don't hide from that and I'm fully ok with that too.  There's an involvement of a Mexican dude for the 600 a head set but that's another story.

Good stuff art
And I also looked at the Titties at 600 each.... very nice clubs

As for the chrome X’s, no I moved them on and went chrome soft!!
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

Rest in Peace “Mi Amigo”

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2019, 09:28:40 PM »
Titleist had a ball fitting at my club today..,the fit me into the prov1x and gave me 8 brand new ones so I played my round with them and honestly they’re right...all around the v1x was better except total distance on firm fairways...I still prefer the prov1 with my irons and avx w driver but there’s something to their fitting theories...my buddy who creams his drives 330 does better with the prov1 or chrome soft...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX