Author Topic: BALLZ!!!!  (Read 12457 times)

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: BALLZ!!!!
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »
This time of year the Chrome Soft wins for me .. all round good ball

You still have the same stash I got you?
Drivers : JadeAdllerRX460-DesignTuningIDV-GTD455-Itobori-RyomaMaxima2
UTs : Itobori-Modart-Muziik-Proceed
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG-CNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2019, 04:21:49 PM »
I can absolutely confirm that. Somebody looking for spin the Tour B XS is the ball for you. But it will also Rob you some distance due to the high spin.  Most durable ball ever for me as well.

What kind of yardage loss?

With the driver I am probably going to have to take almost a full club more for my next shot comparing to the tp5 which is probably the longest ball for me. With irons about half to almost a full club shorter as well. But remember, I fight s high ball flight so lots of spin is not ideal for me.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 04:24:02 PM by Shacco »
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 56į Ping Glide 3.0
LW: 60į Ping Glide 3.0
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2019, 03:17:46 PM »
Since I flattened out my swing I now hit it much lower than I used to and with much less spin. The TM OO is also very low spin despite being higher lofted than any driver Iíve ever owned. I wouldnít be surprised if the XS would actually benefit my carry distances through the bag due to the little extra spin. But I didnít notice much of anything different when I played a couple sleeves of them earlier this year.

Also in regard to the AVX it just goes to show how different peoplesí perceptions are. That ball didnít impress me in any way. I guess it was probably long but not noticeably longer than other balls, felt numb/dull, and didnít spin as much as Iíd like around the greens. I sold 3 of the sleeves from the dozen I bought.

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2019, 08:51:52 PM »
Art, u would do well with the avx...Matt, agree on some points u made about the avx...it is a little dull off the long clubs...prov1or TP5 better jump off the face and more spin around the green...Iím actually more consistent with the avx as I tend to spin my wedges too much...very consistent ball, significantly more consistent for me than TP5...which I fo7 d jumpy...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
Q,R,S,T Roddio-wedge/Lunar9
EXO odyssey
AVX

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2019, 09:13:02 PM »
Art, u would do well with the avx...Matt, agree on some points u made about the avx...it is a little dull off the long clubs...prov1or TP5 better jump off the face and more spin around the green...Iím actually more consistent with the avx as I tend to spin my wedges too much...very consistent ball, significantly more consistent for me than TP5...which I fo7 d jumpy...

Interesting.  I was invited by titleist to the national fitting centre to try some stuff.  In the process, we tried different balls as well.. avx one of them. 

Turns out for me, with their range of irons, CNCPT included, I'm better with the Pro V1X.  This was supported with data of all sorts.  I'm not sure what system they used but it's the works.

A fallacy they feel is that slower swing speed players should play softer balls.  In some cases yes but for sure, it's not a general rule.  In my case, it turns out I've also lost some spin over the years. So a lower spinning ball like the Avx is not the best for me.

I left the session enlightened as some aged old myths were debunked.  I also left with a complimentary  box of Pro V1x. 

I have the Accra icwt90 shafts lying around..   I know which brand my next set of irons will likely be.. not jdm... just wondering if it's going to be 150 per head or 600 per head.. And yes.. All MIC.. they don't hide from that and I'm fully ok with that too.  There's an involvement of a Mexican dude for the 600 a head set but that's another story.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 09:18:30 PM by wmclarenf1 »
Putters : ArGolf-Artisan-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • Never trust an Atom,they make up everything!!
« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2019, 12:23:06 AM »

Interesting.  I was invited by titleist to the national fitting centre to try some stuff.  In the process, we tried different balls as well.. avx one of them. 

Turns out for me, with their range of irons, CNCPT included, I'm better with the Pro V1X.  This was supported with data of all sorts.  I'm not sure what system they used but it's the works.

A fallacy they feel is that slower swing speed players should play softer balls.  In some cases yes but for sure, it's not a general rule.  In my case, it turns out I've also lost some spin over the years. So a lower spinning ball like the Avx is not the best for me.

I left the session enlightened as some aged old myths were debunked.  I also left with a complimentary  box of Pro V1x. 

I have the Accra icwt90 shafts lying around..   I know which brand my next set of irons will likely be.. not jdm... just wondering if it's going to be 150 per head or 600 per head.. And yes.. All MIC.. they don't hide from that and I'm fully ok with that too.  There's an involvement of a Mexican dude for the 600 a head set but that's another story.

Good stuff art
And I also looked at the Titties at 600 each.... very nice clubs

As for the chrome Xís, no I moved them on and went chrome soft!!
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

Rest in Peace ďMi AmigoĒ

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2019, 09:28:40 PM »
Titleist had a ball fitting at my club today..,the fit me into the prov1x and gave me 8 brand new ones so I played my round with them and honestly theyíre right...all around the v1x was better except total distance on firm fairways...I still prefer the prov1 with my irons and avx w driver but thereís something to their fitting theories...my buddy who creams his drives 330 does better with the prov1 or chrome soft...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2019, 10:57:17 PM »
Iím on holiday in Hawaii right now, played a solo round at the fazio course today and decided to play two balls...there was nobody on the course so I decided to do normal honors and play away, ball against ball...prov1x vs AVX...

It was pretty wi day and Iím a little stiff still so I played the whites.  Hit the ball well and pretty good short game all day...I was very surprised at the results...prov1x shot 75, AVX 79....Playimg the against each other made me realize that there s a pretty big difference between these balls...

I hit better golf shots with the prov1x, especially into the wind...avx is longer and my best shots were with the avx but I hit the prov1x much more consistently...Iíll post the card because I canít remember the numbers but that fat Titleist fitting lady was right, prov1x is a better ball for me...
12compact mid/Lunar5+
16.5baffy/Lunar6
20hyute/lunar7
5-P-RoddioPC/lunar8
EXO odyssey
AVX

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2019, 06:55:51 AM »
Hahahaha... free and his pc comments...

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2019, 08:24:49 PM »
I think itís a combination of things but the V1X just feels so much firmer to me than when I played it regularly from 2013-2015. I did have graphite or composite shafts in my irons though during most or all of that timeframe. Now that Iím back in steel Iíve been playing softer balls. If a person can stand the feel the V1X and itís clones (XV, B X, MTB Tour X, etc) offer the greatest spin separation, and thus overall performance, of anything out there.

For me Iíve been dinking around with the regular 2019 PV1, TP5, and TP5x. I like the feel of the TP5 the best off all clubs. The TP5x plays kinda in between Prov1 and V1X in terms of firmness and doesnít seem to spin as much around the green as much as either Titleist, yet it launches noticeably higher so it kind of washes out.

Durability seems more than adequate to me on all three. Iíll lose them before they wear to the point I take them out of play. I think I could happily play any of these exclusively but just not in love with the Titleist feel the way I used to be but I do love the PV1 ball flight. Very strong.

Iím thinking of trying the new Mitsubishi MMT shafts in my MP-20s maybe I can go to that firmer ball that gives me all the performance without it feeling too firm on touch shots.

swing981

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2019, 02:29:21 AM »
Now go get a few dozen of pro v 1 x and gift yourwelf for holidays