Author Topic: tipping...  (Read 134 times)

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
tipping...
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:13:52 AM »
as a general riule on  "normal" no supe thik nor ultra thin tips shafts , wat say us I on tipping length to sturdy up a SR or R felx to say stiff???

generailisatuon of course , but 0.5-1 inch  ususally does fk all to  a tip IMO . cant ever tell any difference really.
anyone gone 2 inchs ??

idea is simply to tighten it up a bit and take som whip out of it.
 its going in a fariway  driver.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:15:31 AM by tsupo67 »
TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
Re: tipping...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 12:21:43 AM »
some of my favorite shafts are tipped 2-3" .....I think it depends on the shaft itself and the characteristics of the tip.....Some shafts have active tips and by tipping, you get rid of the kick and the feel.....other shafts have extremely stiff tips and if you tip 3" you actually tip away most of the super stiff section and actually mellow out the shaft.....there are sooooo many variables but I currently have 2 shafts in my gaming bag the are tipped 2-3" and they are there to stay.....its truly weird how I have shafts that are fitted and cost several thousand and I think are junk but then I have a few clubs that I can't get $20 for but they made my bag and are my most prized clubs

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • It's not how many BUT how Far!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 12:23:38 AM »
as a general riule on  "normal" no supe thik nor ultra thin tips shafts , wat say us I on tipping length to sturdy up a SR or R felx to say stiff???

generailisatuon of course , but 0.5-1 inch  ususally does fk all to  a tip IMO . cant ever tell any difference really.
anyone gone 2 inchs ??

idea is simply to tighten it up a bit and take som whip out of it.
 its going in a fariway  driver.

Many months ago, may even be last year, I had a couple of shaft which had been pulled from Factory fit!!
Now Im gunna say Im no club builder but in the past enjoyed building my own stuff just for the pleaseure and satisfaction ....
anyway..
I tried the 1/2 inch then then 1 inch... and like you no real diffetence or noticeable one!!

Then on a Hybrid shaft( made for by GD ) I chopped 2.1/2off and that  basically  fooked it right there and then!
It was usable but for me every bit of Whip/feel and balance went straight out the Window....

As for the other... it got bored of the heat gun and went all bendy!!.... lol

If youve  never made a mistake, then youve never made anything!!
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 12:41:35 AM »
hmmmmmmmmmm,,  that might make sense of the diaman X the tip on that is mighty thick, heance whay it is such a tight performer, ive an XX  sahf that was tipped ( or rather prob fkd up by someone!!! ) and on sold to  me without the truth, again...  and it actually play nothing like an XX. I almost threw it in the bin bec I thought it was susless, but gave it a whilrl and low and behold it was  perfect in a 3 wood.. totally amazed, wud never ever have thought that possible,
right il lcheckj out the tip on it and see im pretty sure its an actrive tip so that may actually be ok. to do  1.5-2 inch,  the sole purpose is to make this go uber straight and light.
I think its the  bst anser for driver alts by such a long way  but the shafts are a bit .. well.... whippy.
 they play well but u can make them go  quite easily, that's NOT ideal fo this one.

TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 11:19:10 PM »
Haha, robbiez know his stuff..I seem to do better when I send components to my guy and tell him to build what he thinks might work good...some of the best clubs I've wanted to throw the head or the shaft on the junk pile and suddenly a slight change and its money...
155/BasiAlpha60-x
Spoon15.6/RoddioF7-s
19/23 hybridUT/Lunar8/Stella8
505 5-P + 49 705 Muziik bangvoo-s
213 53/60/Muziik bangvoo-s
Oworks 2ball-spam
Titliest AVX

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 01:07:14 PM »
Thats what you do when u are not married and have too much time on your hands.....haha

Ive had way more success with heavily tipped on fairway woods.....on driver shafts, the only one I remember being good was a 771TA, haha that used to be a holy grail shaft.  I can't handle flex but the 771TA actually got softer and more playable after it was tipped 2.5".  Im sure this is a rare occurrence but it happens.....in general I have had zero success in tipping driver shafts.  Pros in general tip 1".  It seems if you are on the pGA tour, it doesn't matter whether you swing 105 or 130, please tip 1"