Author Topic: OT Tour iron shafts?  (Read 146 times)

Sanader

• Fledgling Ho
OT Tour iron shafts?
« on: September 19, 2018, 04:25:14 AM »
Anyone tried that shaft? Saw some irons (I’m tempted to try) with these shafts in 100 S-flex.

autronicdsm

• Fledgling Ho
Re: OT Tour iron shafts?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 10:11:48 AM »
I have 90g hybrid shaft. It has a unique feel. Best I can describe is that it's very dense and strong? Probably due to braided carbon. It's very straight but I found that you can't take easy swings with it.

Sanader

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 06:39:19 PM »
Thanks for Feedback
Can you compare it to the MCI shaft?
Had the club with OT shaft only in the hand (no testing range in the shop) but had the feeling it is on the stiffer side...

Duffer19

• Super Ho
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 11:31:07 PM »
I have the OT 85 R but since I have been using MCI 65 R, I soft step the 85 twice. Without soft stepping, it would be stiffer even in R then what I used to.  The OT feels fine and easy to load but just not using it since I am not using my Epon 551 now.
TM M1 with EVO 2
Katana Voltio III 13*
Ryoma 2U, 3U, 4U and 5U
Grindworks DP 6-AW with Fire Express Spirit I-65
Epon Tour Wedge 54 with MCI solid
Titleist Forged 58*
Yamada Burning Copper Shogun

Sanader

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 12:30:16 AM »
Thanks!!!!

autronicdsm

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 08:08:09 AM »
I've never hit MCI but OT does feel stiff compared to everything else I've played.

Sanader

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 02:57:00 AM »
Had the OT tour 100 S on several visits to the practice range (not on the course yet).
Well hardly any experience with graphite shafts in irons so difficult to compare for me.
One of the web pages I found a review and which got me intrigued on that shaft said about the OT tour something like: users of dynamic gold shaft which want a similar feel but less weight. Sums it up well. Very “steel feeling” graphite shaft at least as far as I can tell. As I want to keep the DG in the wedges I thought this should work.
Dispersion is very good - shaft is on the firmer side but that I expected from the comments before.
So far I like it. Let’s see what a visit on the course will bring.
Like also coloring: At address it is silver (iron like) only - the black/carbon fiber scheme with branding is on the back and not visible at address