Author Topic: Wtf!  (Read 117 times)

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Wtf!
« on: August 20, 2018, 04:14:38 AM »
One way shipping services make more money... Being logistics companies at their core.. Some at least... They have been using stupidly large boxes for shipping of late. 

Look at the size of the box for a simple driver head!!!  You should have seen the crate sized boxes they have used for single shafts or clubs!  All to get volumetric weight up to charge more.

Drivers : AbroadDF570-Crazy435-GTD455-GrandistaRS-D-Itobori-ModartDS-ProceedIX
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

db2

• Fledgling Ho
Re: Wtf!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »
I had a similar experience with two drivers and a shaft.  The shipping company could have put the heads at opposite ends of a normal 48x6x6 box but instead used the kind of box that you’d use to ship a cart bag. Now I have the perfect box to ship someone a cart bag.  All I have to do is buy a cart bag for it.

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
Re: Wtf!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 03:31:38 PM »
Happened to me with Buyee recently where the combined shipping actually was more cost to me than having two individual smaller boxes (driver heads) shipped because they used a huge box
to fit both smaller boxes + packing!  What you'd expect them to do for the extra 500 yen they charge is to unpack the original packaging and try to fit both heads in a box that is optimal to maintain  enough cushion but try to fit it in a small enough box to keep the shipping cost reasonable.   Just good common sense would do.     

DR: Modart MA01D+R / Diamana W
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana 'Ahina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Ping Vault 2.0 CRAZ-E H ( in trial mode )