Author Topic: Its All About The Base July 2018  (Read 1438 times)

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: Its All About The Base July 2018
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2018, 09:24:32 AM »
cadero on all yr drivers.... great minds!!!

cant even think to not  have them on mine  these days, theres a cpl  I still havnt got them on  and subconsciously   I wont take those out to play bec of it.

I cant stand them on irons tho  nor on fairway woods unless its a tee alt.  only  and i just put one onto my  honma   driving  iron made a really nice difference to my confidence to shape the ball a bit better.

absolutely love these grips

One of your posts on Cadero put me onto them. Its slightly big for me and hence like that in my driver as it helps with release.. I think :D
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2018, 09:27:14 AM »

But... you should get a Grandista on your team  ;D Ö Just saying ha ha ha ha ha ha

Dont egg me on Mau... I've done well to trim my driver stash...If I can move along my Agrind 440, I may get the RS-D to try...

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 06:05:43 PM »
what I find with thicker , lighter grips is the level of control is greatly improved ,especially when shaping the ball,,
I cant hit a straight drive for the life of me, 
the scariest shot in golf for me is a dead straight 450 yard  par  4  with a cross wind.. I just cant see  the shot , with thin   driver grips I get a bit flicky with the fingers and I loose a lot left or block dead right.
 with the caderos   im finding that  big misses  have been substantially reduced and the bad shots are much better.
   I think I hit a longer ball  way more frequently with   the masdas  or perfect pros on  but I cant control the shape, so I take  the conservative route now a days .
 I cant move the ball around anywhere near as much with a thicker grip which equates to more fairways hit but prob at a  loss of total distance.

I don't think that's  a bad  thing!
TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

Rovega

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 10:56:05 AM »

Dude, good to hear from you.  I may have a trip to jkt next t month.  Let's hook up for a morning round at cengkareng.
[/quote]

Sure A, just gimme a msg n watsapp when u r in town

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 11:50:31 AM »
what I find with thicker , lighter grips is the level of control is greatly improved ,especially when shaping the ball,,
I cant hit a straight drive for the life of me, 
the scariest shot in golf for me is a dead straight 450 yard  par  4  with a cross wind.. I just cant see  the shot , with thin   driver grips I get a bit flicky with the fingers and I loose a lot left or block dead right.
 with the caderos   im finding that  big misses  have been substantially reduced and the bad shots are much better.
   I think I hit a longer ball  way more frequently with   the masdas  or perfect pros on  but I cant control the shape, so I take  the conservative route now a days .
 I cant move the ball around anywhere near as much with a thicker grip which equates to more fairways hit but prob at a  loss of total distance.

I don't think that's  a bad  thing!

Where I play here in Washington (with mature, tall trees), ball placement in the fairway really dictate whether I can hit the green in regulation or not.
Distance is a bonus but accuracy is essential.     I'm also using 3 wood off the tees more often.
DR: Modart MA01D+R / Diamana W
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana 'Ahina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Ping Vault 2.0 CRAZ-E H ( in trial mode )

db2

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2018, 04:43:10 PM »
Yes, I've played at Seattle Golf Club several times and if you miss the fairway, you're dead.  If the tree is in your way, you can't hit your ball under the tree because the branches grow out from the top of the tree all the way down to the bottom of the trunk.  If your ball is within the branches you have to take an unplayable because there's no way you can take a long enough swing to generate enough power to get it out from underneath the tree. 

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 08:03:20 PM »
most of my golf now is links   virtually 100% when I go away,  so the  tree thing doesn't play to my mind at all, its wind that I have to  work with  more than  physical obstakkkkkkkles.  and prob why ive gravitated to  so many lower launching stiffer  drivers that don't get beat up.
  As you know Nobs up here we get setai courses for the most  part and the trees are there but they don't really affect the drive. thinner fairway with grass in the middle  is more of a pain that tree lined fairways, unless we go to  the country side.
got 3 games this long weekend up country   with HUGE trees.  first time in a year ive played these tracks so im guessing the kamui pro tp07 w 10.5* with diamana X    and justick  proceed 10* with diamana aliislei  wil get the most use , hit some   high soaring  bombs .. hopefully  NOT  into the thicket!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:04:58 PM by tsupo67 »
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 12:38:22 AM »
Couple of the guys here in the area and I are planning on doing Chambers Bay sometime late August or early September.  Never played a real links course so itíll be interesting. 
Will definitely take my Grandista RSD or Crazy 435 in anticipation of windy conditions.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 01:07:35 AM »
Stop mentioning the 435 already.  I was toying with getting one again for the 4th time...

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 01:59:07 AM »
its been my  view that the ryoma d1 is  prob close if not the best wind buster  ive made, that gts good distance to boot,  that and the egg7  re shafted to 44 inch  they don't move.
The  ryoma was so impressive  in golden week  back home in big wind , id never not take that with me to premium courses, ESP  wind affected ones.
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty

mauvanilla

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 06:55:04 AM »
Stop mentioning the 435 already.  I was toying with getting one again for the 4th time...

I ve got a 435 on the Sankiplanaria Bamboo... B-E-A-S-T it is... Would it be a Grandista or a 435?

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 07:35:41 AM »

I ve got a 435 on the Sankiplanaria Bamboo... B-E-A-S-T it is... Would it be a Grandista or a 435?

How's the bamboo shaft?  What flex is it?  Can you compare it to ANY AAA you've played.  I really like the look..

435... stop it!!!! :)  smite for you.. ;D

db2

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 09:06:07 AM »
its been my  view that the ryoma d1 is  prob close if not the best wind buster  ive made, that gts good distance to boot,  that and the egg7  re shafted to 44 inch  they don't move.
The  ryoma was so impressive  in golden week  back home in big wind , id never not take that with me to premium courses, ESP  wind affected ones.

I know that you also have a T388.  How would you compare the launch and spin of the D-1 and T388?  Iíve owned both but I never played with them in windy conditions.

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 09:53:43 AM »

The one I have now is like my 5th or 6th attempt!! :)  Somehow got the sound well under control on this one.  Face still looks a bit closed but I learned to correct that at address.   Not a huge issue any more.   I used to think this head was not forgiving at all but after several years since my last try,  I think my striking skill has finally caught up to be comfortable with the 435.   Itís a top notch performance head no doubt.    Itís a back up driver at the moment but Iíd take it to any course that Iím somewhat familiar with without hesitation.   While my RSD is a low launch draw producing machine,  the 435 is better at producing low launch fade shots.    The Diamond Speeder in the 435 is also part of the reason itís working out.  Even at 50g level, itís as stable as any driver shaft Iíve tried.

mauvanilla

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2018, 09:09:01 PM »

How's the bamboo shaft?  What flex is it?  Can you compare it to ANY AAA you've played.  I really like the look..

435... stop it!!!! :)  smite for you.. ;D

The only AAA I have played was the 2015 (which was on the Buddy driver). It does have some similarities but I felt the AAA more stiff and rigid than the Bamboo; but I haven't played anything that actually performs like it. The one I am playing is 46 inches; D3.5 and S63. When you swing hard it is quite long and straight; I don't feel it difficult but it is different (hard to put down in words). I am thinking of ordering another Sanki for a grandista (I love that RS-D); but I will go S70. The Bamboo is beautiful. All their stuff is top notch. I own their putter and it is just gorgeous; the attention to details is amazing!