Author Topic: putter fitting ( again)  (Read 153 times)

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
putter fitting ( again)
« on: June 24, 2018, 07:46:59 PM »
Had a pretty  extensive fitting  yesterday. went thru a gamut of  head shapes /faces/weights.
stroke wasn't being tinkerd with  it was fitting a putter design/shape  to my stroke,  (unlike last time which was a fkkn disaster!)
you putt the way u putt and the item shud fit you ,not the other way round!
so the  typical shapes , the anser/ mallet/ blade are about as bad for me as  driving with a  9 iron apparently.

figures........................................

the head shape that best  suits my stroke is a short  s-neck style,   or centre shaft with a thicker top line, fast/harder compound  (not soft milled) face,    grip   double  taper taped and weight adjusted  2 grams at the top of the grip.

specs 34 inch
74* lie
3.5* loft
367 gram head weigth
532/535 g  over all putter weight
square face angle minimal to zero off set

head shape  I didn't have a real  , yea man  I wan that! moment , just as long as these specs match up im ok.
my stoke is very forward /back, high back lift ,  steep angle of attack, and misses are virtually all right of target.
 so a higher  straighter putter is  good for me.

that  means the 2 ball cud suit nicely with a more upright  shaft.
and the  face balance  of toe hang to about 2 o clock

full 6  clocks are a disaster!

was a very good  education .

going thru all my hoard of flatties now and  nad re doing them to the ones that suit and the ones that don't , and the ones I can leave on the wall!

worth it!!!!!

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 11:28:44 PM by tsupo67 »
TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
Re: putter fitting ( again)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 06:34:23 PM »
Was it a Benock fitting?   
DR: Grandista RS-D / Diamond Speeder
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana A'hina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Benock EASPADE Type M

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 07:38:14 PM »
yea it  was at benock, I was  meeting a mate for lunch   ( lives 2 mins away) and I rode  my pushy  straight past it ,totally unintended m so i had to stop in and have a peek  in , luckily he was in so  whats  a fella to do, I had to have a go .
the cupboard is amazing for putter freaks, I was  dribbling  like  baby.
funny ,the ones I like are not the ones im best off with, hard to accept that but the truth was in the  putting results
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 01:40:26 AM »
I hear you on the putter shape selection.  I went there with full expectations that a face balanced mallet would be recommended to only find out that my stroke is better match with a blade.
There really wasn’t a blade that I loved in their selection so I chose one with a slant neck which was different from typical blades with a plumbers neck.   Honestly I was not in love at first but gradually I started to like the shape.  Now I am searching left and right for slant neck putters!!
DR: Grandista RS-D / Diamond Speeder
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana A'hina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Benock EASPADE Type M

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 06:29:07 PM »
I checked out all the centre shafted mallets,  the half moon  cresents, the  ansers,  a cpl of abstract ones, he gave me one of each to hit  and basically,  took one or two balls  to dismiss  them and  a few longer to whittle it down  to  the ones I  was most suited to, which were  the centre shafted  and a tiger tooth  model (HATED that), wud never go that route, its just fugly and reminds me 100% of odyssey. FK THAT. I was so itching to find a good mallet like Mickelsons and my Enzo   but he said  nope they are by far the most unsuted to my   style

GUTTED

the one I was best suited to was  a  design  ive not seen previous, not pretty at all but I  was  suited to it and it looked good to my  eye, especially at address.

If I do go down the route, that's what il get, at least I know  for sure what im sposed to be playing

green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty