Author Topic: MBBG 2020 bag, new pics added 8/20  (Read 6147 times)

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Covid, nothing but time hope the course is open...
Re: MBBG 2020 bag, new pics added 12/25/19
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2020, 04:35:24 PM »
Iíve had the 2013 ONOFF in various builds over the years. Great sticks.

Having been revisiting a lot of the ghosts of golfing past I set out to put together a bag of oldies but goodies that I remember playing good golf with or really enjoying hitting. I cheated a little bit in that I got an iBrid chapter two rather than the original I had back in 2012/2013 because I had never tried one.

I didnít have the PP-9003 very long back then because I was in a super hoe mode and didnít have kids but I specifically remember some of the best feeling iron shots I ever experienced were with these heads and the RomaRo Pro Forged. So Iím kind of chasing a feel Iíve lost since Iíve been playing more of the ďplayerís distanceĒ type irons lately and even my Yoro MP-5 didnít have the same pure feel as the Miura and RomaRo.

The hollow, thin faced/welded face irons, even the Epon and Mizuno, just donít have the feel Iím looking for and most of the Miura lineup is above my current skill level. And it doesnít hurt that Chip Usher is selling the 9003SN for $150 built with Modus shafts and choice of grip. 😬
So they seemed like the logical choice.

The Axis1 Rose is new to me, havenít even rolled it yet. I still have my custom copper on carbon Lajosi from that time frame I could put back in the bag. Iíve lost my short game since I moved on from the PM grind I had in the bag since 2015 that at the time instantly improved my wedge play. I was able to find one that is essentially brand new so itís going back in the bag.

The RomaRo 435LX with the original FEX 65SX was the best driver combo I ever had so I am rebuilding that. Itís amazing how the original FEX still holds its value so well! The Epon 105 with Speeder Evo II is 1b. Then I got caught up in all the USDM composite stuff and found a few extra yards but I just canít square up these giant toasters on a stick to save my life.

The Egg fairways were the first ever fairways I could hit well so that was a logical step. Now if I could just find 6 dozen 2013 ProV1X (favorite ball ever) new in the box that have been stored in a climate controlled facility Iíll be set!

Iím hoping this bag brings back some good memories and better scores!

Nice to visit old and effective themes...

Shacco

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2020, 08:17:01 AM »
I feel 2012/2013 is when JDM had really its last good year. Yamaha was still forged by Endo before they started with their RMX line.
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 56į Ping Glide 3.0
LW: 60į Ping Glide 3.0
Putter: Yes! Tracy 2

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2020, 02:03:26 PM »
I agree that was kind of the high water mark

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2020, 05:58:20 PM »

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2020, 06:25:27 PM »
So the Egg HD is so stupid easy to hit. Donít know why I ever messed with other FW woods other than feel and looks. After playing USDM woods the RomaRo driver looks tiny, when I played it years ago it didnít seem small at all. It also sounds so much different than the newer composite stuff but feels so good and explosive.

The egg 7W I was drilling on the range but the two times I used it in league once I topped it and next I fatted it. Didnít realize the sw was only D0 so threw some lead tape on it and will see how the Calcutta goes this weekend.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2020, 08:17:45 PM »
I went 1/4Ē short and 2 upright with these irons with a shaft Iíve had proven success with. I am hitting irons the best I have in years, maybe ever. We surged from way back in the pack to finish 4th in league last night. Put the PM wedge back in the bag and the magic returned with it. Add in the Axis1 putter and Iím playing about 10 strokes better a round than I was in July. Only problem is still driver. After flattening out my swing and finding positives but unearthing new issues I kind of have developed a Bryson style upright single plane swing (completely accidentally, didnít realize it until I read an article on his swing and equipment the other day) and that doesnít lend itself to playing a flat fade biased driver because I have to have a different swing for that one club which isnít working out well. Shot 43 in league last night with 3 lost balls off the tee. 😳

If I can get the driver under control I might be able to contend in the next 4 weeks of ďafter leagueĒ and the club tournament on the 4th.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2020, 09:47:36 PM »
I had the EGG a looooooonnnnnngggg while back.  Only FW I stood some chance of hitting decently.
Drivers : JadeAdllerRX460-DesignTuningIDV-GTD455-Itobori-RyomaMaxima2
UTs : Itobori-Modart-Muziik-Proceed
Irons : GTD-GrindStudio-Itobori-PXG-CNCPT02
Wedges : Artisan-GrindStudio-Itobori-JadeAdller-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-BPutters-Lajosi-Machine-Mannkrafted-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2020, 11:36:27 PM »
I am absolutely smoking the Egg HD pretty much every time I pull it. Thinking Iím leaving the driver home for money round Sunday afternoon. It actually feels and sounds great to me too. I have one with the upgrade Fubuki 75S. Has this smooth kick and I hit a towering draw most of the time. After all my struggles I have put the ego and bling aside and going purely for function these days.

mbbg

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2020, 08:00:41 PM »
After a disastrous first half of the 2020 golf season and seeing my handicap balloon into the mid teens, going back to this bag of tried and trusted gear has me knocking on the door of a single digit again. Lots of credit to the putter too.