Author Topic: What to do when ....  (Read 291 times)

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • It's not how many BUT how Far!
What to do when ....
« on: June 15, 2018, 01:13:39 PM »
When your game just Goes?

Iíve come to the conclusion that my head isnít cut out for Golf!

So what do we do?

Sell up??

Get help or just get on with it???

Bloody game Fís me off

Last Sunday -1 over 9

Tonight in a Match... well youíd be forgiven for thinking Iíve never Tíd a ball up!!

Rant over
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
Re: What to do when ....
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 02:31:54 PM »
Iím in the same boat. Playing like garbage this year. Canít get off the tee with any consistency whatsoever. Iron game sucks.

If you find the answer let me know!
Taylormade Ď16 M2 Tour Issue Rogue 125 60TS
Ping G400 3 Wood UST Chrome
RomaRo Type R 18* Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 Aero i95
Epon 705 Aero i110
Forged Vokey 52F/56K Modus 125 Wedge
Callaway PM 60*
Odyssey SaberTooth (cheater putter)

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 02:41:33 PM »
Iím in the same boat. Playing like garbage this year. Canít get off the tee with any consistency whatsoever. Iron game sucks.

Time to sell up and buy a Motocross?

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 02:42:21 PM »
But in all seriousness itís the Comp Head I canít deal with!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • Chip 400!
    • CHIP400...drivers are for wussies...
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 02:46:51 PM »
Damn!  Wish we'd had the clubhouse Ryder cup...would have enjoyed breaking you...you've taken the fun out of it...

Dig your way back out d...the answer is in the dirt...just keep looking down at that ball...it'll come...my biggest strides in technique have come out of periods of inconsistency...swing your swing Dale..,,not some pro's swing...dump the usdm crap, get a set of 505s and forgiving driver/fwys, pick one or two thoughts and stick with them...spend 2 hours a week practicing short game and take ur panties off...guarantee you'll be a 5 capper in 3 months...
Technica Titan 420/Roddio WBWA 7s
Spoon/Cleek : Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybridUT : Roddio I7s
505 4-P Roddio i10s
213 52/58 Roddio i10s
Oworks 2ball
Titliest ProV1x

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • Chip 400!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 03:05:19 PM »

Time to sell up and buy a Motocross?

Squirts would clunk your heads together...I was there a year ago...was a 15 hcap at one point...actually started taking sat men's game off to hang with family...I never gave up hope though and played for the social aspect for a bit...then I found a quality teacher...game is fun for me again...poor round is now 84...breaking 80 more times out than not...for a couple years I cracked 80 once every couple months...

I'm on a good cadence right now.  I work with dr j once a week for an hour-1&12hours...some times he'll come up to the range b/f the sat or sun games and tweak som stuff...I don't have to hit as many balls bc I never get to far out of whack now...have gained 25 yards on drives and 1-2 clubs...short game, especially putting is vastly improved...

Hogan said it best "there is no reason..with a fair amount of practice, a man of average athletic ability can't hit golf shots with real character on a consistent basis"...

Matt-v-Dale in clubhouse Ryder cup....
505 4-P Roddio i10s
213 52/58 Roddio i10s
Oworks 2ball
Titliest ProV1x

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 03:08:43 PM »
Damn!  Wish we'd had the clubhouse Ryder cup...would have enjoyed breaking you...you've taken the fun out of it...

Dig your way back out d...the answer is in the dirt...just keep looking down at that ball...it'll come...my biggest strides in technique have come out of periods of inconsistency...swing your swing Dale..,,not some pro's swing...dump the usdm crap, get a set of 505s and forgiving driver/fwys, pick one or two thoughts and stick with them...spend 2 hours a week practicing short game and take ur panties off...guarantee you'll be a 5 capper in 3 months...

I guess your right to some degree....

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

Shacco

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 03:25:31 PM »
Well, not sure I am good enough to give any advice but I have said it before. When I am playing well I start getting sloppy on fundamentals like set up and tempo because I start thinking I can hit anything well without paying attention to what I am doing. Unfortunately, that doesnít work for me. So, back to basics and work in fundamentals. That is me anyways.
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: Kamui TP-XF
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 2007 Yamaha InpresX Black
LW: 60į Edel DGR
Putter: Odyssey Milled Collection 6M

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 03:36:22 PM »
Well, not sure I am good enough to give any advice but I have said it before. When I am playing well I start getting sloppy on fundamentals like set up and tempo because I start thinking I can hit anything well without paying attention to what I am doing. Unfortunately, that doesnít work for me. So, back to basics and work in fundamentals. That is me anyways.

Your right!

I tried to bully the ball round this evening because I was playing and playing against a big hitter

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • Chip 400!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 03:46:06 PM »
Beaten by your own hubris?...have experienced it many times and am sure many more...start licking your chops when u miss a green...if you can make half your up-n-downs inside 30yds, guarantee you'll enjoy and crush those big hitters....my atm hits it 320 off the tee...I hit a good one 260...have taken at least 10$ off him every sat for the past 2 months...he can't figure out why he loses...thinks I'm just lucky...I've beat him gross every weekend and somehow his hcap is 2 pts lower...I never sand bag.  Hmmm...ego?  hubris?  You shoot what u shoot...want to shoot lower?  Work on ur short game...

505 4-P Roddio i10s
213 52/58 Roddio i10s
Oworks 2ball
Titliest ProV1x

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2018, 04:20:24 PM »
Think match Nerves was more to blame...

Anyway EBay will be grateful... lol

Anyone know when the new onoffís come out?

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2018, 08:03:44 PM »
This year has been weird for me.  I went to all these forgiving clubs and and softer shafts after years playing stuff that took the left side out of play for me. Most of the trouble is on the left at my home course where I play league and it seems like every other week I shoot pretty well and every other week I shoot like shit because I hook a couple into OB or hazard or tree trouble. The past 3 years I pretty rarely shot in the 40s in league but have posted a 42, two 43s and a 46 already this year in first 7 weeks.

My scores at other courses (Iím usually hoping to break 80) havenít been much worse than normal but rather than flirting with 80 Iím right in that 84-87 range every time out for the same reasons.

I think what sucks most isnít my scoring is worse, but that Iím playing scared golf just to keep the ball in play. Instead of having any confidence and going after targets, Iím always playing to minimize a the big miss and thatís just not much fun. If thereís trouble left I hit a big block. If thereís trouble right I hit a hook. If thereís no trouble only then can I hit one straight.

Obviously playing this way doesnít give many birdie opportunities and I feel like Iím constantly grinding for pars or needing a 6í putt to save bogey.

Putting and short game has been the only thing bailing me out. Going back to tried and true sticks that have worked for me in the past and hopefully find something because I sure as shit donít have time to practice these days.
Taylormade Ď16 M2 Tour Issue Rogue 125 60TS
Ping G400 3 Wood UST Chrome
RomaRo Type R 18* Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 Aero i95
Epon 705 Aero i110
Forged Vokey 52F/56K Modus 125 Wedge
Callaway PM 60*
Odyssey SaberTooth (cheater putter)

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2018, 02:31:35 AM »
This year has been weird for me.  I went to all these forgiving clubs and and softer shafts after years playing stuff that took the left side out of play for me. Most of the trouble is on the left at my home course where I play league and it seems like every other week I shoot pretty well and every other week I shoot like shit because I hook a couple into OB or hazard or tree trouble. The past 3 years I pretty rarely shot in the 40s in league but have posted a 42, two 43s and a 46 already this year in first 7 weeks.

My scores at other courses (Iím usually hoping to break 80) havenít been much worse than normal but rather than flirting with 80 Iím right in that 84-87 range every time out for the same reasons.

I think what sucks most isnít my scoring is worse, but that Iím playing scared golf just to keep the ball in play. Instead of having any confidence and going after targets, Iím always playing to minimize a the big miss and thatís just not much fun. If thereís trouble left I hit a big block. If thereís trouble right I hit a hook. If thereís no trouble only then can I hit one straight.

Obviously playing this way doesnít give many birdie opportunities and I feel like Iím constantly grinding for pars or needing a 6í putt to save bogey.

Putting and short game has been the only thing bailing me out. Going back to tried and true sticks that have worked for me in the past and hopefully find something because I sure as shit donít have time to practice these days.

Matt.
Youíve have just discribed my game 100%
I could not have said it better
Wow

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2018, 04:14:18 AM »
I don't care how good or bad I'm playing, I'm going after it 100% all of the time. I look at the ball on the tee and say '"you're dead", and just get through the ball with a full release as best I can. Love it even when I'm shit. I WILL be a single figure hcp one day! ;D
Driver: OnOff Type-S 9į + House of Forged Platinum, 45".
FW: Callaway GBB 16į + FEX 75x, 42".
HY: OnOff Prospec 21į + Roddio i-8, 40".
Irons: OnOff Forged 5i - PW + Accra Tour 110 TiMesh.
Wedges: Miura Giken WMF-06 49į/53į/58į + Black Gold x.
Putter: Rife Barbados.

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • Chip 400!
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 11:57:06 AM »
Canít understand why youíre not a single digit right now Ian?  Thats the TUDE baby! 

Short game?

Would love to play u in the clubhouse Ryder cup!  Dale and Matt could have their pillow fight...weíll strap it on like men!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 11:58:55 AM by freehb »
505 4-P Roddio i10s
213 52/58 Roddio i10s
Oworks 2ball
Titliest ProV1x