Author Topic: Longest drive........beaten today  (Read 112 times)

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
Longest drive........beaten today
« on: June 13, 2018, 01:29:39 PM »
Ok, my longest drive up until today was a wind assisted 335yds, playing on the 16th on the Arden course at the Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club near Birmingham UK, with fellow jdmcers DaleUK and 100100.

I played 11 holes until the fog rolled in at Came Down GC (home of the Ryder Cup) near Weymouth UK this afternoon after work. On the 8th, a 320yd par 4, my playing partner hit his best drive of today to the right hand side of a pit that's in the centre of the fairway, approx 230yds to carry, so his was approx 250yds all in. I hit my drive and shouted, "it's got a chance, IT'S GOT A CHANCE......got to the  green and nothing......walked to the back of the green and the ball was 5yds off the back of the green! Used my rangefinder measuring back to the tee, 340yds, oh yeah baby, BOOOOOM!

Driver specs are; Callaway XR16 Sub Zero head adjusted +2* loft which equates to 11.5* and neutral face angle, 5g weight at the front, 9g weight at the back, shafted with an Oban Kiyoshi HB 65 x-flex, 327g total weight, playing at 45". I don't know the swing weight yet. I don't think I'm changing this driver this year. Fantastic driver.

Anyone else beat their longest drive lately?
Driver: Callaway XR SZ 11.5* + Oban Kiyoshi 65 05, 45".
FW: Callaway GBB 16* + FEX 75x, 42".
FW: Callaway GBB 21* + FEX 75 PROx, 41".
Irons: Srixon Z945 pw-8i/Z745 7i-4i + DG SL X100, Superstroke.
Wedges: Miura Giken WMF-06 49/53/58 + DG wedge.
Putter: Rife Barbados.

wmclarenf1

• Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: Longest drive........beaten today
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 07:02:22 PM »
Constantly.  I play tm drivers and pro v1s. 

Congrats Ian.  Good stuff.
Drivers : Abroad DF570-GPOM-GTD 455-Itobori-Modart DS-Proceed IX
UTs : Modart MA01H-Proceed Ti-PXG 317
Irons : Grind Studio Proto-Roddio Meister M-Modart CBC-PXG 311T
Wedges : Grind Studio-Modart-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TP Mills-Xenon
Ball : Srixon Z-Star

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • left shoulder right foot, right shoulder work down
    • CHIP400...drivers are for wussies...
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 08:06:51 PM »
Nice, that's a bigun Ian...I stopped tracking mine but never any 340 (outside of crazy conditions or cart path bounces)...happy with 250 in the fairway...
155/Basileus Alpha 60s
Spoon/Cleek : Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybridUT : Roddio I7s
705 5-A : Muziik Bangvoo 90s
213 54/60 : Muziik Bangvoo 90s
Oworks 2ball
Titliest AVX

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 08:29:45 PM »
 ive gone close a cpl of times  earlier this year  but in wind . so its hard to say, I know for a fact I cudnt have hit it any better  and it had a baby draw (totally unicornish  for me  ),  stinger shafted ryoma d1  on links, I was sititng there goin oh my god! that's all a I got,   best shape ive  hit id  say.

I did  hit  my big kahuna  last year locally , dead calm  dead straight with the jbeam 435  stinger combo, was miles ahead of anything I can think of prior, itr was the sound it made that was the difference, never heard this before.

btw 65x @ 327g   man that's one heavy head ur  sporting there!!!!
presuming the grip is 50g and the shaft is 60/61 ish  installed , the  head must be gelled to 202 ish  with  + the 9g back weight and 5g front........

my gawwwwwwwwwwwwwd thasts  like  a 212/214 g  +/-   driver head  build ,  so the swing weight s gotta be d8ish   or e  something  maybe   unless thew kick point is  up by the   grip  ?

good heavens , seriously  ive never  seen  anything ike that,, u get sucker  middled and its prob capable of intercontinentaily!!!l
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:41:57 PM by tsupo67 »
TM 1993 bubble burner 11* or somewhere close
callaway erc 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestback speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

Sgt Squirts

• Junior Ho
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 12:35:52 AM »
Ok, my longest drive up until today was a wind assisted 335yds, playing on the 16th on the Arden course at the Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club near Birmingham UK, with fellow jdmcers DaleUK and 100100.

I played 11 holes until the fog rolled in at Came Down GC (home of the Ryder Cup) near Weymouth UK this afternoon after work. On the 8th, a 320yd par 4, my playing partner hit his best drive of today to the right hand side of a pit that's in the centre of the fairway, approx 230yds to carry, so his was approx 250yds all in. I hit my drive and shouted, "it's got a chance, IT'S GOT A CHANCE......got to the  green and nothing......walked to the back of the green and the ball was 5yds off the back of the green! Used my rangefinder measuring back to the tee, 340yds, oh yeah baby, BOOOOOM!

Driver specs are; Callaway XR16 Sub Zero head adjusted +2* loft which equates to 11.5* and neutral face angle, 5g weight at the front, 9g weight at the back, shafted with an Oban Kiyoshi HB 65 x-flex, 327g total weight, playing at 45". I don't know the swing weight yet. I don't think I'm changing this driver this year. Fantastic driver.

You hit that with your purse, limey?

😎
Current Gamer Bag:

13 clubs that I hit farther than you and a putter than never misses

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 12:00:16 PM »

You hit that with your purse, limey?

😎

I try not to squirts, but sometimes I just can't help myself  :P

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 07:36:44 AM »
ive gone close a cpl of times  earlier this year  but in wind . so its hard to say, I know for a fact I cudnt have hit it any better  and it had a baby draw (totally unicornish  for me  ),  stinger shafted ryoma d1  on links, I was sititng there goin oh my god! that's all a I got,   best shape ive  hit id  say.

I did  hit  my big kahuna  last year locally , dead calm  dead straight with the jbeam 435  stinger combo, was miles ahead of anything I can think of prior, itr was the sound it made that was the difference, never heard this before.

btw 65x @ 327g   man that's one heavy head ur  sporting there!!!!
presuming the grip is 50g and the shaft is 60/61 ish  installed , the  head must be gelled to 202 ish  with  + the 9g back weight and 5g front........

my gawwwwwwwwwwwwwd thasts  like  a 212/214 g  +/-   driver head  build ,  so the swing weight s gotta be d8ish   or e  something  maybe   unless thew kick point is  up by the   grip  ?

good heavens , seriously  ive never  seen  anything ike that,, u get sucker  middled and its prob capable of intercontinentaily!!!l

Just had the swing weight checked today....only D0.