Author Topic: driver alternats... 2w / 1i.. di..  (Read 206 times)

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
driver alternats... 2w / 1i.. di..
« on: June 06, 2018, 08:39:12 PM »
Thru no real conscious decision of my own, I seem to have gravitated to short sneaky tricky courses over the last 18monts rather than my tradional 7000+ yard beasts of days old,  I basically play my 2 courses at home which are not longer than 6200  yards (at best ) and up here ive been  going to the more scenic, angular courses with smaller greens that don't really  require  a driver that much, around the same length  theres obv a few holes that do and can benefit for  the big dawwwwwwwwwwwg, but  out of 14 holes  that a driver is an option these tracks prob only neeed it on 7-8 of them  at most.  a a result my iron play has improved and wedge game is the decisive factor  in going low. a good chip up and in  gets the score card freefalling, a duff or two and kabooooooooom!

character building  is the short game.

I don't know why I have done this bec my driving is definitely  my  bigest weapon and taking that out of play doesn't auger well  over time for low scores   and  believe me I have my fair share of cannons that I love to play!!!!
typically ill go in to the game  nowadays with a combo of a   mid  launching 2 wood  or low  3 wood , a 5wood and a driving iron./2i/1iron      3/pw   irons set up and 3 wedges  no driver more often that not ....its fun. moving the bal around has always been my big draw to golf  miles before  I was ever concerned about score.

So I was going thru my stash yesterday  and ive found that ive built  a gaggle of driver alts
 2 woods-- @ 12ish * .. weak drivers 11* @ 44 inch ,  strong 3 woods  13.5*/14*  with low launching  " strong " shafts    2 and 1 irons, a a cpl of very strong utes 16+18* ,  18* driving irons.. seriously ive got a gaggle of these things, so whats the latest addition  to the throng ?
 obv another.. super strong 3w!

if anyone can remember the callaway ERC range form mid 2000s, the 3 wood  has a very thick short chunky body with the sexiest carbon crown ever... I ve had this for an eternity and unshafted for years its a bore thru head/shaft design and the feel of it is quite oishi  its not  t he ebst off the deck, in fact its pretty  shitty, but from the tee its always  been a nice easy club, its a very nice driver alt.

so depending on mr wizards final thoughts this is gonna get rebuilt with a roddio tour bee 73x  short, 5 wood length. low low launch, distance negligible, ULTIMATE  control club for laying up with a bit more distance  than the di and long irons.

this might just take the place of the MFD egg  with matrix proto for my control  club , the egg is definitely longer  but its impossible to move that thng in any direction, its the straightest club ive ever had built. pretty high launching as well.

a few pieces of eye candy to follow when I get home.........,
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:08:27 PM by tsupo67 »
TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
Re: driver alternats... 2w / 1i.. di..
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 09:05:51 PM »
Don't tease about the pics disco stu...I love those little hoojeeies as well, unfortunately, my home course is beast at 7250/6900 from the blue tees where I play...at sea level, distance is the main hurdle...not to many place to miss the green where an up and down is not immenantly doable...I play driver off 14 tee boxes...I love my 3/5/21ut when I'm playing the tight slopey courses tho...was obcessed with Utes and fwys and the rc tourv7 is a scalpel to carve those up with...I play at a private near by twice a month where the green complexes are complicated...angle in on the approach is everything...that's real golf...linksy, strategic, feely, touchy golf...
155/BasiAlpha60-x
Spoon15.6/RoddioF7-s
19/23 hybridUT/Lunar8/Stella8
505 5-P + 49 705 Muziik bangvoo-s
213 53/60/Muziik bangvoo-s
Oworks 2ball-spam
Titliest AVX

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 09:13:14 PM »
will get.em up later today mr.h. when i steal afew.persoanl time moments
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 12:34:00 AM »
12.8* kasco fd/diamana stinger70x
13* sc2w/diamana stinger70xs
15*egg/ matrix proto
15*erc fusion/ roddio tourbee70x
18* egg / diamana stinger 70xx
21* saqta. di ,ns125s
18*saqra ute ns 2g18s  proto
2i miura ns950s
p1i ping rye2 ns950s
14* modart/crazy fws
13* ryomad1/gdp9003x
21* geotech / diamana b73s
18*prgr.tour/diamana thump75s

these fight for play
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:12:26 PM by tsupo67 »
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • It's not how many BUT how Far!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 02:03:51 AM »
Stu...
The track I play (7 day membership) is the same, I donít need Driver , well thereís 4 holes which would open up a Birdie if I could use Driver!
I have the Protec 12 mini Driver but the stock shaft goes way way to high, out of and from your experience whatís the Lowest launching/spinning shaft but still has lots of feel/feed back?

D
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 06:43:15 PM »
on links back home. i use the kasco fd with gd m6003x. i dint think that model shaft can be beaten for thise conds, esp in wind its immacualte, pure and simple. its my links buster.
if u want a bit more.feel tje diamana x or.crazy fw. feel.better are.nit quite as low, the gd is crazy low
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:15:18 PM by tsupo67 »
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 09:39:06 PM »
Was gonna say Mitsubishi but stu beat me to the punch...for me it's hard to beat the blue for a solid feel...good mid low launch as well...but seriously, Waccine is a different level...not rubbery but more elastic than Diamanna...same strong lowish launch and tremendous roll...it may just be new club syndrome but I really like it...
155/BasiAlpha60-x
Spoon15.6/RoddioF7-s
19/23 hybridUT/Lunar8/Stella8
505 5-P + 49 705 Muziik bangvoo-s
213 53/60/Muziik bangvoo-s
Oworks 2ball-spam
Titliest AVX

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 07:22:03 PM »
true.... the diaman white was/ is a hideous shaft for  anyone  that swings below the  speed of light, the blue is GREAT.. so is the B ) light lbue/white flowers) that's a low launcher. prob lower than the X.  iva had a heap of these in play  esp at my links.
 the new material doesn't quite feel as good as the old stuff but delievers a more direct flight, I counter thqan but going slightly more butt cutting to get the same results , but better feel.
 this shaft is one of , if not the most undera=rated  shaft out there, it was the upgrade shaft for a goole of OEMS  but as its low it wasn't that popular. it is super in higher logted clubs tho, balances the  spin, loft equation very well and is very very staright.
 not recommended for low loft heads.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:24:23 PM by tsupo67 »
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty