Author Topic: Elite Geron N66 Putter Grip  (Read 212 times)

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Elite Geron N66 Putter Grip
« on: April 22, 2018, 03:57:00 AM »
Just installed this on my Formula Slighter with Muziik Dogatti.  With this grip at around 100 grams, it’s the only putter in my stable that it would suit with the Slighter modified Kitada SS head coming in at 369grams… a lot heavier than my more accustomed 350 gram weight.

Apart from the counter balancing effect I need for this putter, it also suits the color scheme.  Before I had a red and white 65gram SS 1.0 Ultra slim but with such a heavy head, I was never comfortable with it.

Another thing about the Geron is the shape.. Non-taper, parallel round shape.  I think its great as its as neutral as it comes.  No need to worry if its installed square or whatever.

So… played a round today with the Geron and balance wise, it really works for me in this putter. The static weight of the putter is heavy but it doesn’t feel that way through the stroke.  With the SS grip, I always found it too head heavy and off balance and never had confidence in the combo.  Roll was very true and distance control excellent.  Well, 29 putts today, no 3 putts and quite a few one putts and not tap ins.

Really happy with this.  I can’t recall who recommended this here but THANK YOU.  My Formula Slighter was a wall hanger until now. 

I need to see if the Geron comes in a lighter weight for my other putters.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 04:04:05 AM by wmclarenf1 »
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

playfromthebrain

• Fledgling Ho
Re: Elite Geron N66 Putter Grip
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 12:10:41 PM »
Sorry to bring thing thread back from the dead, but I have been looking at this grip for a long time and decided to buy it today. Looking forward to it. From seeing these pictures, it looks much longer than expected. Either way, anyone else have experience with this grip and/or still using it?

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 01:06:01 PM »
I thought about getting one too but  1.  it's too heavy for what I need and   2.  the round shape worries me that I'd possibly grip it at different angles every time.   Sure if you screw up the installation of your grip that has a flat front surface,  you are screwed too but the problem will be consistent.   With the round profile,  I would need to trust how I would visually confirm the face angle to be perpendicular to the target line.   I just don't trust my visual perception that much.   :(      But do tell us how it works for you when you get it!!
DR: Modart MA01D+R / Diamana W
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana 'Ahina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Ping Vault 2.0 CRAZ-E H ( in trial mode )

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 10:39:30 PM »
Sorry to bring thing thread back from the dead, but I have been looking at this grip for a long time and decided to buy it today. Looking forward to it. From seeing these pictures, it looks much longer than expected. Either way, anyone else have experience with this grip and/or still using it?

I replied your PM elsewhere.  I think that was you...

Really love this grip and if you need counter balance, as I;ve said before, this is one to consider.  A good tacky feel and a grip that seems durable as well. Nob's point about gripping at the right angle, for me, all my putters have a sight line which I use to line up so I don't have that issue.  Again, if this came in a lighter weight, I'd switch all my putters to a round grip.

I;ve since put in on another heavy head acquisition... Really like this grip and the balance it gives me for heavier heads.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:42:09 PM by wmclarenf1 »
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome