Author Topic: Show off your golf shoes  (Read 191 times)

Shacco

• Platinum Ho
Show off your golf shoes
« on: April 04, 2018, 12:58:49 PM »
Following up on Harry’s thread, I though it would be nice to see what shoes y’all wearing.
I have only 3 pairs.

1.) Ecco Biom Hybrids: Super comfi. Feels like wearing sneakers. Nice and easy shoe for range practice sessions. There are 2 draw backs for me with this shoe though. Not waterproof and not stable enough. While I love the comfort it doesn’t provide me with the support and stability I need for proper golf. That is why I rarely play rounds wearing them.

2.) Asics Gel Ace Pro FG: Love this shoe. Looks great, the gel cushioning is very soft and the shoe has great stability and traction. And it is waterproof. If I had to change one thing it would be the synthetic upper. I wish it was a bit softer. I think overall this shoe is the perfect blend of stability and comfort.

3.) I just got myself a brand new pair of Footjoy DNA Helix BOA shoes. Always wanted to try BOA. So this Is my first pair of BOA shoes. Was hoping to get a similar feel (stability and comfort) to my Asics but with a bit of a softer upper. Love the looks and the BOA system. They do feel stable and comfi. But I don’t think they fit as nicely on the heels as the Asics. I feel more locked in with Asics. The Helix feels more lose around that area. Like my foot wants to slip out more easily. Not sure I will keep these. Might sell these before I even try them on the course. Let’s see.
Driver: Callaway Epic Subzero
3FW: JBeam BM Ti FW
3 and 4 ute: Romaro I-brid Chapter2
5-PW: PRGR RS Forged
GW: 50* CGS Orion Spy Type S
SW: 2007 Yamaha InpresX Black
LW: 60° Edel DGR
Putter: Odyssey Milled Collection 6M

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
Re: Show off your golf shoes
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 07:27:01 PM »
I use duca del cosma kubas for dry conditions, they are insanely  tough , had them for 5 years and no sign of   poor workamanship or undue deterioration.   super hard pimple soles that take some beating , rounded point toe box  for comfort with performance and a really nice inner.

for wet or thicker grqass I use the mizuno " genem "  they are called (non jp) the cletes are like a set of tiger  claws in the  grass they rip the blazes outta the turf, don't wanna start walking funny on greens with these!!! only issues I have with them is they have a tight pointed toe box which is  fantastic for performance , but they are tight on the feet.. u nca go and extra 1/2 size up on them NO probs. they foot fit it insanely snug ( and comfy)  the inner sole is very ergonomic but I prefer to use a golf inner foot bed custom made. for the wet  , there is no substitute.

Last pair I use for when I play day in out on holidays are the true kinks, ultra confort , they feel like ur nude.
roddio s tuning 10.75*--diamana x 70s
Solid contacts 13* fd--diamana stinger 70x
Prgr egg18*-- diamana stinger 70xx
Masda v2  MB---NS proto 2g18x ss
prgr nabla  tr 51+ 57---ns  Wv125s
No name dom. Proto Lob wizard wedge 60* ns950s
Benock mallet
TS x01-z/bridgestone330b

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • left shoulder right foot, right shoulder work down
    • CHIP400...drivers are for wussies...
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 10:40:04 PM »
Trues are my favorite, This is current rotation: Ecco tour h wing tips for work, true cleated for wet events, true outsider for everything else, sometimes the true classic or the vibrum 5fingers after play for horsing around the course or casual round.  This company called Quaddy makes really great casual shoes that I can play in as well just poor traction..,
155/Basileus Alpha 60s
Spoon/Cleek : Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybridUT : Roddio I7s
705 5-A : Muziik Bangvoo 90s
213 54/60 : Muziik Bangvoo 90s
SC Kombi S

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 10:52:58 PM »
Following up on Harry’s thread, I though it would be nice to see what shoes y’all wearing.
I have only 3 pairs.

1.) Ecco Biom Hybrids: Super comfi. Feels like wearing sneakers. Nice and easy shoe for range practice sessions. There are 2 draw backs for me with this shoe though. Not waterproof and not stable enough. While I love the comfort it doesn’t provide me with the support and stability I need for proper golf. That is why I rarely play rounds wearing them.

2.) Asics Gel Ace Pro FG: Love this shoe. Looks great, the gel cushioning is very soft and the shoe has great stability and traction. And it is waterproof. If I had to change one thing it would be the synthetic upper. I wish it was a bit softer. I think overall this shoe is the perfect blend of stability and comfort.

3.) I just got myself a brand new pair of Footjoy DNA Helix BOA shoes. Always wanted to try BOA. So this Is my first pair of BOA shoes. Was hoping to get a similar feel (stability and comfort) to my Asics but with a bit of a softer upper. Love the looks and the BOA system. They do feel stable and comfi. But I don’t think they fit as nicely on the heels as the Asics. I feel more locked in with Asics. The Helix feels more lose around that area. Like my foot wants to slip out more easily. Not sure I will keep these. Might sell these before I even try them on the course. Let’s see.

Wow, 3 pairs...impressive!  Those FJs are nice looking.  For the trifecta of comfort, stability, traction and breathable waterproof, the new true outsider can't be beat.  Not thE hAndsomest shOe but miles better performance and comfort than Ecco, FJs, sketchers, etc...have not tried asics, those could be good...stew is on point with duca Del Cosmo, they are really good.  I have real wide feet so a lot of brands pinch my toes..
155/Basileus Alpha 60s
SC Kombi S

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 11:11:14 PM »
Ian, if you buy something you can have your pick out of this pile...there some size 10.5/44 from when I was 30 llbs lighter...

Cart is loaded for bear...have a club Matchplay champ quarterfinal match on Saturday, Friday one day masters and money game on Sunday...followed by divorce proceedings n Monday..damn wish I could take Friday off!
155/Basileus Alpha 60s
SC Kombi S

wmclarenf1

• Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 03:22:04 AM »
Didn't you want to pimp out your buggy?
Drivers : A-Grind440-AbroadDF570-GPOM-Grandista-GTD455-Itobori-ModartDS
UTs : A-GrindProto-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
Irons : A-GrindR1CB-MeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-Xenon
Ball : Srixon Z-Star

Duffer19

• Super Ho
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 05:34:25 AM »
Another underrated and under the radar golf shoes is Skechers. Both spike and spikeless are extremely comfortable and durable. My feet get really tired with True Link but not with Skechers. 
TM M1 with EVO 2
Katana Voltio III 13*
Ryoma 2U, 3U, 4U and 5U
Grindworks DP 6-AW with Fire Express Spirit I-65
Epon Tour Wedge 54 with MCI solid
Titleist Forged 58*
Yamada Burning Copper Shogun

lousifers

• Junior Ho
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 09:14:00 AM »
Agree with Duffer. My Skechers Go Golf Focus 2 is so comfy

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 09:22:26 PM »
Art I did want to pimp out the cart but I spent the money on clubs...once I get the kids college paid..then I'll roll like you...

Yeah, the sketchers are pretty good.  Not close to the new trues...those are a different level IMO
155/Basileus Alpha 60s
SC Kombi S