Author Topic: FEX DGL VS MAQ WBQ iron shafts??? from guys that have gamed em.  (Read 333 times)

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
i play the DGL 90 and are one of the best shafts ive tried. they dont feel good as the roddio but are very very tight
and straight. not glassy as all and at first i found them stiff feeling but i guess its the way it loads. the 115s were too stiff
for me. im curious about the WBQ has anyone tried them? may need to get that for the 505s when they are out.

descriptions

DGL
Optimal Graphite Iron Shafts
for a rounded game
The Fire Express DGL115S and 120X are designed to give a high launch angle to extend the distance between each numbered iron and allow a direct shot to the pin particularly on long iron play. The DGL is designed as a solid shaft but without a heavy or stiff feel typical of heavy graphite iron shafts so that players can, by controlling the shaft, play shots with intended varying trajectories.
The light weight DGL90 is an ideal choice for a moderate swing speed. The rigidity on each part of the shaft is designed respectively to realize smooth transition and a solid impact. A progressive weight combination of DGL90 for long irons and DGL115/120 for middle and short irons provides further options in your set of clubs.

max
Confident Iron Play
with a combination of steady response
and consistent impact
The Fire Express MAX-Iron WBQ 95 is an ideal option for players who use a light weight steel shaft of 95-100g. This model adopts our unique WBQ (Doubling of the Butt Quadraxial SOF sheet) construction with the performance well proven on our wood shafts. It enables both the smooth transition and acceleration of the shaft just prior to impact. The controlled and reliable movement of this iron shaft is forgiving of off center shots and provides consistent carry with the ideal trajectory expected of each numbered iron.
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 19* Crazy CBI 80s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 Aw Diamana OT 105s,  TW /54/58
G-filed Leap M

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: FEX DGL VS MAQ WBQ iron shafts??? from guys that have gamed em.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 12:23:51 AM »
C, the Wbq is a smoother feeling shaft and easier to load.  Flex for flex, I think it's also a few cpm softer hence the first comment.  Could be wrong through but it feels that way.
Drivers : AbroadDF570-Crazy435-GTD455-GrandistaRS-D-Itobori-ModartDS-ProceedIX
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

spoon

• Always Ho'ing crew
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultra Ho
  • Always hoing around.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 12:51:51 AM »
C, the Wbq is a smoother feeling shaft and easier to load.  Flex for flex, I think it's also a few cpm softer hence the first comment.  Could be wrong through but it feels that way.

I would think the opposite as the weight of wbq and torque is much lower than the DGL.
You still have a set of these?
Ping g400 FEX65S
Gfield 4w Fex 65s
Epon 901 19* Crazy CBI 80s
Epon 901 22* Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 6-pw Fex DGL90s
Epon 705 Aw Diamana OT 105s,  TW /54/58
G-filed Leap M

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:57:23 AM »

I would think the opposite as the weight of wbq and torque is much lower than the DGL.
You still have a set of these?

Never owned the Wbq but have tried it at the range.
Drivers : AbroadDF570-Crazy435-GTD455-GrandistaRS-D-Itobori-ModartDS-ProceedIX
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome