Author Topic: Grandista RS-D !!!  (Read 1655 times)

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
Grandista RS-D !!!
« on: February 24, 2018, 07:44:27 PM »
http://gifu-advantage.com/blog.php?id=831

Release in April.   445cc. All Titanium construction this time.  SP700 face!
Gonna have to get one to pair it with my AAA ‘15  shaft!!

DR: Grandista RS-D / Diamond Speeder
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana A'hina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Benock EASPADE Type M

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: Grandista RS-D !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 08:02:25 PM »
Looks to be a shallow face head?
Drivers : AbroadDF570-Crazy435-GTD455-GrandistaRS-D-Itobori-ModartDS-ProceedIX
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 10:16:06 PM »
From the pics it does look like mid shallow to shallow profile which I do not mind.
Really glad to see they went with Sp700 and also moved away from carbon crown.
Pretty excited about this one!

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • Chip 400!
    • CHIP400...drivers are for wussies...
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 02:01:36 PM »
Oh my, that is a nice looking head.  I prefer a shallower profile...seems to suit my swing for some reason...that's definitely on our radar for free agents this season...very very nice!
Technica Titan 420/Roddio WBWA 7s
Spoon/Cleek : Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybridUT : Roddio I7s
505 4-P Roddio i10s
213 52/58 Roddio i10s
Oworks 2ball
Titliest ProV1x

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 05:58:06 PM »
had my first waggle  with the carbon bottomed  last week,  didnt hit it but by the looks of it this has got to be one incredibly easy to hit drivers. looks as forgiving as ive seen
TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 10:00:32 AM »
Now that is a good looking head.   Better than the Modart I have now.

Apparently slightly open face with draw biased weight ...   

mauvanilla

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 05:20:47 AM »
Been busy and quite difficult to post even though I read the forum a lot. So; I thought there was a review on this one but I couldn't find on the search.

SO apologies and please allow me a quick review (which surely lacks the technical wording). For a month or so; I ve got a new RS-D on a Crazy CB-80LS SX (bought on buyee … That Samurai-Golf shop which by the way is a very nice seller) swing weight is D2.

I still hold another Grandista in one of my bags (RS-001 - the DAT55G face) on a Tour AD MJ-7 S; it has been one of the drivers I really like even though the shaft is not that "refined".

In anyway; the new Grandista is simply excellent - forgiving and long. The feel is not super soft nor super hard; it seems a very "sober" and "well balanced" head.

It is very forgiving (really easy to hit) but also long (I think the shaft contributes for this).

In any way; a highly recommended driver and in my very humble opinion; Grandista stands there in the top among the best (for me a favorite!)

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 08:15:51 AM »
Couldn’t agree more!!  I have a 9 deg head shafted with AAA 2015.  The Trajectory is on the low side but I am getting so much more roll after the ball lands.   In fact I got my first Longest Drive in a Field Day last weekend in a 9 and under handicap division for the Men’s club at my home course!!  The feel off the face to me is just right.  Not overly muted.. just a nice softer metallic sound that is pleasing to the ears.  As Mauvanilla says,  this head is very forgiving.  Shape is very traditional looking and just beautiful to look at.  The head is draw biased so my ball flight has a nice baby draw but when I consciously create a bit more lag in my swing it goes straight with a very strong trajectory.   I read that this head was designed as a countermeasure against big 460 heads that are harder to square at impact due to the longer CG distance from the axis of rotation.  And that it is.  The ease of being able to square the face is contributing to the higher percentage of fairways I am hitting these days.  Also marked a season low of 74 with this driver in the bag! 

mauvanilla

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 08:07:10 AM »
Sorry bringing this back; but I need to share with the forum Bros. My last five rounds with this driver has been nothing short of spectacular!

And if I may emphasize; is not only long but is "forgiving long". One of my buddies who is a scratch golfer hit last week when I was in Bali and said it is indeed a fantastic driver. He thought it was a high-cor "illegal" one...

All of my longest drivers in my home course "Discovery Bay Hong Kong" were achieved with this one...

Very little talked about it; so I thought I should bump this thread back up.

And just hijacking a bit; I ve got one of those Bamboos Sankiplanaria shafts and will try to write a review the soonest.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 09:58:16 AM »
Sorry bringing this back; but I need to share with the forum Bros. My last five rounds with this driver has been nothing short of spectacular!

And if I may emphasize; is not only long but is "forgiving long". One of my buddies who is a scratch golfer hit last week when I was in Bali and said it is indeed a fantastic driver. He thought it was a high-cor "illegal" one...

All of my longest drivers in my home course "Discovery Bay Hong Kong" were achieved with this one...

And just hijacking a bit; I ve got one of those Bamboos Sankiplanaria shafts and will try to write a review the soonest.

Thanks for the feedback Mau.  Just curious, how is the roll at Disco Bay? 

mauvanilla

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 08:20:44 AM »

The golf course is a bit better than last year. The Ruby course opened a couple of months ago which gives a bit more breath for Diamond and Jade. Fairways are alright but far from fantastic while the green is only good at Ruby. For the other two courses the greens are still bad... When compared to the course conditions of Fanling or Clearwater Bay (and even Kau Sai Chau); the greens in DB are a shame.

Two or three weeks ago there was some kind of "parasite" that attacked the fairways and rough; which in my personal opinion was a major failure from the management of the course to spot it. Fortunately it is recovering now.

With all that said; still fun to play  :D

I trust you are based in SG; but if you or any other member of the forum happen to be in HK; give me a shout and we play a round together.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 09:26:42 AM »

The golf course is a bit better than last year. The Ruby course opened a couple of months ago which gives a bit more breath for Diamond and Jade. Fairways are alright but far from fantastic while the green is only good at Ruby. For the other two courses the greens are still bad... When compared to the course conditions of Fanling or Clearwater Bay (and even Kau Sai Chau); the greens in DB are a shame.

Two or three weeks ago there was some kind of "parasite" that attacked the fairways and rough; which in my personal opinion was a major failure from the management of the course to spot it. Fortunately it is recovering now.

With all that said; still fun to play  :D

I trust you are based in SG; but if you or any other member of the forum happen to be in HK; give me a shout and we play a round together.

I;ve got reciprocal at Disco Bay and Clear water and I;ve played Disco several times.  The reason I ask is from what I can recall, during the "winter" season, the course is rather wet and soggy so I'd imagine no roll.  If you do get roll in those conditions, than indeed, the RS-D has something..

Will definitely buzz you if I;m in HK. Steven is on his way back as well... you should link up with him too. High end equipment ho...

mauvanilla

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 08:50:00 PM »
Sorry I misunderstood your question. Yes; the Grandista does give  good roll even on wet conditions. I play in the bag a Ryoma and the difference is brutal. I use the Ryoma for more controlled shots which I don't want the ball to roll that much and the Grandista for longer shots.

I know you have (or used to have) the RS-001; which I also used to love and was a keeper; but after the RS-D the RS-001 is now taking dust in the step bag.

If you happen to  visit here you can try the driver yourself. An more than happy to meet Steven too!

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 09:10:27 PM »
Sorry I misunderstood your question. Yes; the Grandista does give  good roll even on wet conditions. I play in the bag a Ryoma and the difference is brutal. I use the Ryoma for more controlled shots which I don't want the ball to roll that much and the Grandista for longer shots.

I know you have (or used to have) the RS-001; which I also used to love and was a keeper; but after the RS-D the RS-001 is now taking dust in the step bag.

If you happen to  visit here you can try the driver yourself. An more than happy to meet Steven too!

Mau, you are evil!  ;D  I'm in the process of trimming driver and shafts... You're encouraging the opposite.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 08:23:22 AM »
Found this sound clip for those interested.. Quite a nice twack..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQXYHZ5uss4