Author Topic: Manta  (Read 2672 times)

Jeff

• Fledgling Ho
Manta
« on: April 18, 2013, 01:57:54 AM »
I am new to JDM and I am absolutely loving the gear I have tried and the gear I have but I must say you will have to pry my TaylorMade Ghost Manta putter from my cold dead hands.
I have never been the greatest of putters and to be honest I would even be nervous over a three foot put but my game is now night and day.
I am now the best, yes you heard me, putter of my playing group. I am absolutely in love with the feel of this putter.
This putter feels a lot like how many good irons are described on these sites. It is very soft, buttery if you will, with a muted impact. This is not normally what people want in a putter I think but I am clearly not most people. I would attribute the feel to the weight and also the TM insert.
I think the key to good puts for me is the mass of the putter and the fact that it does not want to twist in my hand. I have combined this with a SuperStroke LITE putter grip and it is a straight machine. I use a line on my golf ball to aid in alignment. It encompasses the entire ball. I align the ball to where I want to hit it and then just think about pace and impact. I have had many people tell me how they notice that the line on my golf ball when struck remains a straight solid line.

So, if you are having troubles with putting. I suggest a relatively cheap alternative. Demo it or just buy it and give it a chance. I don't think you will regret it. I can't believe I didn't make one Steve Irwin joke this entire post.......Dammit!

Cheers, Jeff
Ryoma D1 Vspec 10.5
Ryoma F3 & F5
Maruman 7Wood
A-grind proto 4h
Epon Copper 302's 4-Pw
Yururi Keigekiku Tour Wedge 50,56(55), 60 non-conform
TM Ghost Manta

IlliniGolf

• Fledgling Ho
Re: Manta
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 07:33:13 AM »
Great post Jeff.  How long have you been using this putter and where did you get it?  I have not had the opportunity to roll one of these but after your review I will definitely try it.  How do you like the OnOffs?  You should put a review in the JDM section!

Charlatan Heston

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 08:58:52 AM »
Is it bright in the sun?

Jeff

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 11:01:57 AM »
This is my second season with the putter. I got it at GolfTown near me. I imagine it's not that hard to come by. The ONOFFs are great....for what I've tried so far. I got them the other day and went to the range immediately and then proceeded to tweak my shoulder really bad lol. Do you know a guy named Murphy?

The putter is bright in sun or clouds but it does not reflect the sun so it remains the same brightness all the time. I think the bright matte paint job really allows the sight lines to contrast and makes it easier to align the putter.
Ryoma D1 Vspec 10.5
Ryoma F3 & F5
Maruman 7Wood
A-grind proto 4h
Epon Copper 302's 4-Pw
Yururi Keigekiku Tour Wedge 50,56(55), 60 non-conform
TM Ghost Manta

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 10:51:36 AM »
I have never even tried a TM putter...afraid I might like it maybe lol
Ping G400 LS Tec UST Chrome
Ping G400 3 Wood UST Chrome
RomaRo Type R 18* Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 Aero i95
Epon 705 Aero i110
Forged Vokey 52F/56K Modus 125 Wedge
Callaway PM 60*
Odyssey SaberTooth (cheater putter)

RhodyGolf

• Bags on rotation
  • Ultra Ho
  • This hobby is like my wife, no money left...
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 05:00:43 PM »
does it come in an 8802 style?

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 08:35:12 PM »
Hand milled by Caesar Palanche
Ping G400 LS Tec UST Chrome
Ping G400 3 Wood UST Chrome