Author Topic: The gtd driver  (Read 213 times)

Boycer11

• Fledgling Ho
The gtd driver
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:11:11 PM »
GTD driver, anyone know anything about this? Anyone hit this?

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/p588992526
Ping g400 10.5 std Alta and  oban kiysohi purple
Epic sz rogue
G400 5wd rogue black
G400 4 hybrid
Epon 705 5-7/503 8-pw roddio i10 
Jdm forged 2017 Vokey wedge 50, 54, 58 s200
Jdm itsy bitsy spider black

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
Re: The gtd driver
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:51:44 PM »
I believe there is a member here who has one. 

DR: Grandista RS-D / AAA '15
FW: Grandista RS-F / Diamana W
UT: Bridgestone X-Hi / KBS Prototype
IR: J015CB / Modus 120
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge
PT: Odyssey O-Works 7S

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • Chip 400!
    • CHIP400...drivers are for wussies...
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 11:13:14 PM »
Looks interesting, would love to try that shaft.  Buy it and if you don't like I'll swap my muziik bangvoo for it...with an egg head...
Technica Titan 420/Roddio WBWA 7s
Spoon/Cleek : Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybridUT : Roddio I7s
505 4-P Roddio i10s
213 52/58 Roddio i10s
Oworks 2ball
Titliest ProV1x

wmclarenf1

• Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 01:29:41 AM »
Iíve had the GTD for about 2 months now but only 2 rounds with it.

I played it first with a Crazy 9 Dia R flex at 46 and D2.5 or D3 swing weight.  While it was long, dispersion was not too good.  A fellow member saw a post where a Regular flex dia CPMs to 252 at 45.5.  We donít know if its grip on and what head weight and depth of clamp but itís a good approximation.  It tended tor be a tad wild.  Wasnít sure if it was too soft or too long (I play 455 at most) or both.

I waited for my 43gram Cadero grip to come in and head the combo refitted.  I tipped it half in, playing to 45 and D1.5 SW with a head weight of 198 grams.  I put in a lead tip as well to help stiffen up the tip and play it at neutral ie 10* loft.

Took it out for a round and did not miss a single for the 12 holes I used it as its as long as anything I have.   What else can you ask for.. long and in the fairway!

Looks wise, it hides the size very well.  Itís a mid deep face I would say with the face height being about 56mm iirc .

Feel wise itís not a hard face like the Kamuis but not mushy soft as well.  The part I would improve is the sound.  For me, itís a high pitch ting and JPS loud.  Just me of course as Steven as the same head and with the same shaft but in SR flex and he likes the sound.  Maybe a Freudian insight into the kind of women Steven and I prefer but weíd take any truth be told.. we digress.. itís the polar opposite of the foamed Abroad DF-570 if youíve hit that.

Launch for me, this is a mid launch head.  That said, the Dia is a mid launching shaft. Spin wise, I would say mid low.  I get more run than my carry head the GPOM but not as much as my Itobori.

So.. great combo.  I can see what all the hype on distance is with this head on the Japanese blogs.  I think I have the right shaft tuned correctly for this head to me so its for sure a keeper.

As I mentioned earlier, Steve has this head as well so hopefully he will chime in.  If you run a search, I think he did a short review with another shaft.

On the Crime of Angel Burning Angel shaftÖ I have not hit that model but play 3 other models (the original, California Angel and FW90) and I love these shafts.  They work for me and are obscure so that no one Iíve played yet has one.  The Burning Angel is designed to launch higher so Iím not sure if you need that.  The VI flex is for a 45m/s swing speed if I can recall.  I play V flex for 42 m/s swing speed and the COA shafts are to me very accurate from that point of view.  The 3 that I play are very long and very tight.  Not silky smooth like the Bangvoo MAVC 80 but not rubbery or plasticky as well.  Iím not sure how much the combo is but I would say anything from 75k to 80K yen is a very fair deal.  If the Burning Agel was a V flex, Iíd offer you a sure buy offer if it did not work for you but itís a VI flex.  It also comes with the Cadero grip which is my fav grip for driver and UTs now.

Hope this helps some.   I would advocate buying it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:34:38 AM by wmclarenf1 »
Drivers : Abroad DF570-GTD 455-Itobori-Modart DS-Proceed IX
UTs : Modart MA01H-Proceed Ti-PXG 317
Irons : Grind Studio Proto-Roddio Meister M-Modart CBC-PXG 311T
Wedges : Grind Studio-Modart-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Srixon Z-Star

steven718

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 03:32:42 AM »
Iíve had the GTD for about 2 months now but only 2 rounds with it.

I played it first with a Crazy 9 Dia R flex at 46 and D2.5 or D3 swing weight.  While it was long, dispersion was not too good.  A fellow member saw a post where a Regular flex dia CPMs to 252 at 45.5.  We donít know if its grip on and what head weight and depth of clamp but itís a good approximation.  It tended tor be a tad wild.  Wasnít sure if it was too soft or too long (I play 455 at most) or both.

I waited for my 43gram Cadero grip to come in and head the combo refitted.  I tipped it half in, playing to 45 and D1.5 SW with a head weight of 198 grams.  I put in a lead tip as well to help stiffen up the tip and play it at neutral ie 10* loft.

Took it out for a round and did not miss a single for the 12 holes I used it as its as long as anything I have.   What else can you ask for.. long and in the fairway!

Looks wise, it hides the size very well.  Itís a mid deep face I would say with the face height being about 56mm iirc .

Feel wise itís not a hard face like the Kamuis but not mushy soft as well.  The part I would improve is the sound.  For me, itís a high pitch ting and JPS loud.  Just me of course as Steven as the same head and with the same shaft but in SR flex and he likes the sound.  Maybe a Freudian insight into the kind of women Steven and I prefer but weíd take any truth be told.. we digress.. itís the polar opposite of the foamed Abroad DF-570 if youíve hit that.

Launch for me, this is a mid launch head.  That said, the Dia is a mid launching shaft. Spin wise, I would say mid low.  I get more run than my carry head the GPOM but not as much as my Itobori.

So.. great combo.  I can see what all the hype on distance is with this head on the Japanese blogs.  I think I have the right shaft tuned correctly for this head to me so its for sure a keeper.

As I mentioned earlier, Steve has this head as well so hopefully he will chime in.  If you run a search, I think he did a short review with another shaft.

On the Crime of Angel Burning Angel shaftÖ I have not hit that model but play 3 other models (the original, California Angel and FW90) and I love these shafts.  They work for me and are obscure so that no one Iíve played yet has one.  The Burning Angel is designed to launch higher so Iím not sure if you need that.  The VI flex is for a 45m/s swing speed if I can recall.  I play V flex for 42 m/s swing speed and the COA shafts are to me very accurate from that point of view.  The 3 that I play are very long and very tight.  Not silky smooth like the Bangvoo MAVC 80 but not rubbery or plasticky as well.  Iím not sure how much the combo is but I would say anything from 75k to 80K yen is a very fair deal.  If the Burning Agel was a V flex, Iíd offer you a sure buy offer if it did not work for you but itís a VI flex.  It also comes with the Cadero grip which is my fav grip for driver and UTs now.

Hope this helps some.   I would advocate buying it.

Art, your review is way better than mine, cant agree more, the only thing is I dont find it too loud, I m sure we treat women differently :P ...... I always go easy .......... wahahahahah ............ I first had the roddio amorphous smooth 57, it launched higher for sure then crazy dia SR both played to 46. I would say the crazy had more control, straighter and much more roll, had the GTD for almost 6 month I think, definanly a keeper, if anyone can compare to the GTD code K will be great, thanks
GTD 455/ roddio amorphous smooth ,
Roddio Meister M 2013 iron
Roddio Spoon Tsole/ Fujukura Diamond 4SR,
Maruman Shuttle UF 23,
Roddio Forged wedge 2016 52/56/58,
Design Tuning DTP 02 Putter