Author Topic: Get some shit up here...  (Read 1869 times)

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
Re: Get some shit up here...
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 12:40:49 PM »
Perhaps I was a bit hasty and dramatic with the original post...apologies if anyone was offended...
I'm a snowflake.........
Driver: Callaway XR SZ 11.5* + Oban Kiyoshi 65 05, 45".
FW: Callaway GBB 16* + FEX 75x, 42".
FW: Callaway GBB 21* + FEX 75 PROx, 41".
Irons: Srixon Z945 pw-8i/Z745 7i-4i + DG SL X100, Superstroke.
Wedges: Miura Giken WMF-06 49/53/58 + DG wedge.
Putter: Rife Barbados.

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • It's not how many BUT how Far!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 01:11:48 PM »
Perhaps I was a bit hasty and dramatic with the original post...apologies if anyone was offended...
I'm a snowflake.........

Fíin fruitcake!
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

Boycer11

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 08:55:02 PM »
 There are no go deals on epon 705s. Ggggrrrr. 
Ping g400 10.5 std Alta and  oban kiysohi purple
Epic sz rogue
G400 5wd rogue black
G400 4 hybrid
Epon 705 5-7/503 8-pw roddio i10 
Jdm forged 2017 Vokey wedge 50, 54, 58 s200
Jdm itsy bitsy spider black

95124hacker

• Super Ho
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2017, 02:42:42 PM »
I'm guilty of not posting more recently here. If anyone's interested, I can send you a link to my monthly blog on another site.

Here's sort of a recap of 2017 for me:

Driver:
Has always been my problem club. Finally settled on TM M2 2017 10.5 K-serial w/ Fubuki Tour 53. When my swing is good, this club delivers the straightest ball for me. At my swing speed, I'll never find a club that gives me 20 more yards, so Fred Funk it is for me. It's taken me 20+ years of driver ho-ing to admit that.

3W:
I only carry one FW nowadays, and I've settled on a 2015 OnOff Kuro 15 w/ Labospec Shinari 60. Not much technology there, but the face seems pretty hot and my misses aren't too wild with it. That being said, it's still a club I use when not much is at stake.

Hybrid:
So many good ones I've tried, but if I had to narrow it down to two, they are: PRGR Egg i+ and Cobra King F6. Others such as OnOff Prospec and RomaRo iBrid Chapter 2 make honorable mention. The problem with the Egg is that it's so damn ugly, but so easy to hit high & straight, so just keep the headcover on when not in use!

Irons:
Here's where I tried so many this past year, and my experimenting still isn't complete, including a bunch of Mizuno models. So far, my favorites are: Srixon Z745/Z945 combo, Miura Tournament Blades, Miuraism SB-01, Miura CB57, and Callaway 2013 X-Forged.

Wedges:
Another category that has so many good options, but my favorites are: Titleist Vokey SM6 M Grind, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind, Cleveland RTX 2.0, and Miura Giken MB-5000WC.

Putter:
It's going to be hard to kick out my Odyssey Lucky 777 center shaft, but I'm going to experiment with a couple of TM Spider center shafts (Rossa Vicino and Ghost) I picked up recently but not yet put into play.

Ball:
Always trying different ones, but lately really liking the TM Tour Preferred, even the 2015 model.

wmclarenf1

• Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2017, 09:01:11 PM »
I'm guilty of not posting more recently here. If anyone's interested, I can send you a link to my monthly blog on another site.

Here's sort of a recap of 2017 for me:

Driver:
Has always been my problem club. Finally settled on TM M2 2017 10.5 K-serial w/ Fubuki Tour 53. When my swing is good, this club delivers the straightest ball for me. At my swing speed, I'll never find a club that gives me 20 more yards, so Fred Funk it is for me. It's taken me 20+ years of driver ho-ing to admit that.

3W:
I only carry one FW nowadays, and I've settled on a 2015 OnOff Kuro 15 w/ Labospec Shinari 60. Not much technology there, but the face seems pretty hot and my misses aren't too wild with it. That being said, it's still a club I use when not much is at stake.

Hybrid:
So many good ones I've tried, but if I had to narrow it down to two, they are: PRGR Egg i+ and Cobra King F6. Others such as OnOff Prospec and RomaRo iBrid Chapter 2 make honorable mention. The problem with the Egg is that it's so damn ugly, but so easy to hit high & straight, so just keep the headcover on when not in use!

Irons:
Here's where I tried so many this past year, and my experimenting still isn't complete, including a bunch of Mizuno models. So far, my favorites are: Srixon Z745/Z945 combo, Miura Tournament Blades, Miuraism SB-01, Miura CB57, and Callaway 2013 X-Forged.

Wedges:
Another category that has so many good options, but my favorites are: Titleist Vokey SM6 M Grind, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind, Cleveland RTX 2.0, and Miura Giken MB-5000WC.

Putter:
It's going to be hard to kick out my Odyssey Lucky 777 center shaft, but I'm going to experiment with a couple of TM Spider center shafts (Rossa Vicino and Ghost) I picked up recently but not yet put into play.

Ball:
Always trying different ones, but lately really liking the TM Tour Preferred, even the 2015 model.

Your own blog... that's cool.
Drivers : Abroad DF570-GPOM-GTD 455-Itobori-Modart DS-Proceed IX
UTs : Modart MA01H-Proceed Ti-PXG 317
Irons : Grind Studio Proto-Roddio Meister M-Modart CBC-PXG 311T
Wedges : Grind Studio-Modart-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TP Mills-Xenon
Ball : Srixon Z-Star

freehb

• Ultra Ho
  • left shoulder right foot, right shoulder work down
    • CHIP400...drivers are for wussies...
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 08:06:57 PM »
I'm a snowflake.........

Fíin fruitcake!

Cakes, flakes and limy bastards...that sums up my year...

We gat a hacker blog out of this deal...
155/Basileus Alpha 60s
Spoon/Cleek : Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybridUT : Roddio I7s
705 5-A : Muziik Bangvoo 90s
213 54/60 : Muziik Bangvoo 90s
Oworks 2ball
Titliest AVX

unclej

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2017, 09:12:02 PM »
My problem is for the 1st time in my life I don't think there's anything out there that I would do better with or enjoy more.  Very rare I pull a set out and play just to play something different anymore.

The few items I've bought over the last year are just sitting here. I haven't even played them though did finally get a set of the shafts installed.... after 3 months I still haven't hit them.

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 11:53:29 PM »
The golden era really was around 07-12 or so it seems. Once Yamaha went off the deep end, Epon started getting a little more stale, etc there just hasnít been the buzz around the new equipment that there used to be.

Thereís still a lot of great equipment coming out of Japan, much of which Iíd love to try. But business has been slow for me, and with kids and whatnot, my golf and practice time has declined, and my extra funds availability has gone right along with it. 😟
Ping G400 LS Tec UST Chrome
Ping G400 3 Wood UST Chrome
RomaRo Type R 18* Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 Aero i95
Epon 705 Aero i110
Forged Vokey 52F/56K Modus 125 Wedge
Callaway PM 60*
Odyssey SaberTooth (cheater putter)

Sgt Squirts

• Junior Ho
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2017, 11:01:21 PM »
I frankly havenít been playing much golf since I achieved my lifelong goal of breaking 60 at Pebble. Rewarded myself with a new helicopter, then shortly afterwards at the Catalina Wine Mixer I met Kelly Rohrbach who was on the rebound after her and Leo hit the skids.

(A scorned woman on the rebound is like a lioness in heat being let out of a cage, and Iíve been gracious enough to let her take her frustration out on me!)

Since my Bitcoin investment is doing so well, I decided to do a month long safari this year instead of the normal 2 weeks. One afternoon we stumbled across some elephant poachers armed to the teeth. I wasnít about to let the scum murder those magnificent creatures, so I grabbed a bunch of fist sized stones, climbed up on a bluff, and brained them with my split finger fastball. You guys may have read about it and the rewards I received in last months National Geographic.

Of course 2017 hasnít been all roses.

One of my sherpas died on the final ascent to the summit of Everest trying to keep up with me. To make matters worse, I pulled my hammy carrying his body the rest of the way up which cost me a top ten finish in the Boston Marathon the following week.

Then against my better judgment I let my buddies Mick and Keith borrow my Yacht over Labor Day weekend, but things got a little out of control and they ran it aground. Sounds like itíll be in dry dock for repairs until at least February.

Then being asked to be a pall bearer at both Tom Petty and Hefís funerals were two of the hardest things Iíve ever had to do. You two are sorely missed. If thereís a heaven, I bet Hef is up there resting his head on a pillow of magnificent breasts and Tommyboy (I always called him Tommyboy) has enough coke to last him an enternity.

Despite these setbacks, Iím super excited about my annual Christmas party next weekend. Clayton Kershaw always brings these divine little mushroom rolls, and Julianne Hough makes a killer batch of egg nog thatíll knock you on your ass. (Last year that lightweight Tom Hanks was passed out in my guest house by 10pm!)

Been trying to get that recipe from her for years but sheís afraid that once I have the recipe I wonít have any reason to invite her back anymore!

The Foo Fighters will be playing at the party again this year, I always try to pay Dave for the show, but he always tells me, ďyour moneyís no good with me.Ē Great guy. Funny guy. Brilliant man. You oughta hear his stories about Cobain!

Maybe once I make it through the holidays and into the new year Iíll get back to some golf and good old fashioned JDM club sluttery. Wishing you all the best in 2018!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 11:11:41 PM by Sgt Squirts »
Current Gamer Bag:

13 clubs that I hit farther than you and a putter than never misses

bravo36

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2017, 06:18:55 PM »
Now THIS is a proper holiday post that deserves it's own sticky.  What, no partying with Trump after the swear in?  I'm disappointed.

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 06:45:41 PM »
I frankly havenít been playing much golf since I achieved my lifelong goal of breaking 60 at Pebble. Rewarded myself with a new helicopter, then shortly afterwards at the Catalina Wine Mixer I met Kelly Rohrbach who was on the rebound after her and Leo hit the skids.

(A scorned woman on the rebound is like a lioness in heat being let out of a cage, and Iíve been gracious enough to let her take her frustration out on me!)

Since my Bitcoin investment is doing so well, I decided to do a month long safari this year instead of the normal 2 weeks. One afternoon we stumbled across some elephant poachers armed to the teeth. I wasnít about to let the scum murder those magnificent creatures, so I grabbed a bunch of fist sized stones, climbed up on a bluff, and brained them with my split finger fastball. You guys may have read about it and the rewards I received in last months National Geographic.

Of course 2017 hasnít been all roses.

One of my sherpas died on the final ascent to the summit of Everest trying to keep up with me. To make matters worse, I pulled my hammy carrying his body the rest of the way up which cost me a top ten finish in the Boston Marathon the following week.

Then against my better judgment I let my buddies Mick and Keith borrow my Yacht over Labor Day weekend, but things got a little out of control and they ran it aground. Sounds like itíll be in dry dock for repairs until at least February.

Then being asked to be a pall bearer at both Tom Petty and Hefís funerals were two of the hardest things Iíve ever had to do. You two are sorely missed. If thereís a heaven, I bet Hef is up there resting his head on a pillow of magnificent breasts and Tommyboy (I always called him Tommyboy) has enough coke to last him an enternity.

Despite these setbacks, Iím super excited about my annual Christmas party next weekend. Clayton Kershaw always brings these divine little mushroom rolls, and Julianne Hough makes a killer batch of egg nog thatíll knock you on your ass. (Last year that lightweight Tom Hanks was passed out in my guest house by 10pm!)

Been trying to get that recipe from her for years but sheís afraid that once I have the recipe I wonít have any reason to invite her back anymore!

The Foo Fighters will be playing at the party again this year, I always try to pay Dave for the show, but he always tells me, ďyour moneyís no good with me.Ē Great guy. Funny guy. Brilliant man. You oughta hear his stories about Cobain!

Maybe once I make it through the holidays and into the new year Iíll get back to some golf and good old fashioned JDM club sluttery. Wishing you all the best in 2018!

Squirts, it warms my heart to see you posting again and I think I speak for all the clubhousers when I say weíre so lucky to have you as a member of this forum....

Thankyou for updating us!  We look forward to you insights and mostly the opportunity to get a window into the life of one of the truely brilliant poet/golfer/athlete-celebrity/philosophers of our time...

God I admire you!!!!!   
155/Basileus Alpha 60s
Spoon/Cleek : Roddio F7s
21 Roddio hybridUT : Roddio I7s
705 5-A : Muziik Bangvoo 90s
213 54/60 : Muziik Bangvoo 90s
Oworks 2ball
Titliest AVX

Boycer11

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 08:09:21 PM »
So is there a jdm driver better then the ping g400 and epic? What jdm driver shafts are worth trying.  Stirring the pot? :-)
Epic sz rogue
G400 5wd rogue black
G400 4 hybrid

Boycer11

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2017, 08:13:25 PM »
Which jdm irons are going to beat the feel and performance of my mizuno jpx 900 hot metal modus 105 combo?
Epic sz rogue
G400 5wd rogue black
G400 4 hybrid

wmclarenf1

• Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 08:56:41 PM »
Which jdm irons are going to beat the feel and performance of my mizuno jpx 900 hot metal modus 105 combo?
So is there a jdm driver better then the ping g400 and epic? What jdm driver shafts are worth trying.  Stirring the pot? :-)

Welcome to the forum.  There's nothing to stir I don't think.

I don't imagine there's any good general answer to your questions because its all personal and subjective.  The G400 felt the best of the Ping drivers to ME.  Carried the best for ME BUT had next to no roll for ME.  Mizzy JPX range never appealed to ME.  You, me, all the members of this board are likely to not have the same preferences ... against this reality, how does one give a generic and absolute answer.

However, my attempt to answer your questions is ... there are too many JDM clubs that I like that will react differently with different shafts and depending on my form but my WITB is a good indication of what I think is a good place to start.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:19:13 PM by wmclarenf1 »
Drivers : Abroad DF570-GPOM-GTD 455-Itobori-Modart DS-Proceed IX
UTs : Modart MA01H-Proceed Ti-PXG 317
Irons : Grind Studio Proto-Roddio Meister M-Modart CBC-PXG 311T
Wedges : Grind Studio-Modart-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-TP Mills-Xenon
Ball : Srixon Z-Star

freehb

• Ultra Ho