Author Topic: B'Stone X-CBP Irons  (Read 1105 times)

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
Re: B'Stone X-CBP Irons
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 10:29:50 AM »
The older Bridgestone and Tourstage forged irons were for sure Endo forged in Japan....  Pretty certain they still are. 
I believe Endo has been moving out a lot of their golf related manufacturing to their Thailand facility.
I guess it's too darn expensive to manufacture anything in Japan these days.   
If it's the same material and quality control, I really don't mind where it is made. 
DR: Grandista RS-D / Diamond Speeder 50
FW: Grandista RS-F / Diaman A'hina 60
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP 85
IR:  Epon SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Benock Easpade Type S

timastyle

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 11:19:14 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I knew Endo did the old B'Stone irons, but wasn't sure on this one.  Location is irrelevant to me if they're keeping the QA/QC in check, then I'm fine.  I have played Precept Tour Premium CB irons, J40 DPC, and now the X-CBP.  If the durability of the X-CBP is even remotely close to the previous 2 Precpet/B'Stone irons I used, they'll be around for a while.

timastyle

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 09:45:13 PM »
Played a tourney today with the irons and I can't speak more highly of them. These will stay in the bag until they are worn down. So forgiving for me and distance is incredible even with somewhat traditional lofts (similar to the Srixon Z765s I had in my last set). Nice mid penetrating flight with plenty of stopping power.

Have another tourney tomorrow so will be putting these irons through their paces (may be normal occurrence for some but rare to play 2 days in a row for me. Usually play once every month or two).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:53:17 PM by timastyle »

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 09:57:17 PM »
Good luck and play well!!
DR: Grandista RS-D / Diamond Speeder 50
FW: Grandista RS-F / Diaman A'hina 60
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP 85
IR:  Epon SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Benock Easpade Type S

timastyle

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2018, 10:54:59 PM »
Turned out it wasn't a tourney after all and we each kept score. Struggled off the tee and my swing wasn't very good today. Greens were also quite firm. Played from the blues Goose Creek for anyone in the LA/OC area. Rounds started off normal, then the Marshall came and let us know we're playing slow (2 in our foursome really aren't good at all). I had 24 strokes in a 3 hole stretch after that. Between the Marshall, the group behind us right on our tails and the 2 in my group, I was completely off balance. Turned the front 9 with a 51. Settled back in a little more on the back 9. Had a par 3 about 215 to the flag. Hit my 4 iron about hole high, bounced forward and stopped 20 feet past. Made a 20 foot putt for birdie. Shot 43 on the back. Hoping to get out for another round this week.