Author Topic: B'Stone X-CBP Irons  (Read 941 times)

timastyle

• Fledgling Ho
B'Stone X-CBP Irons
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:50:41 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with these? Can't seem to find any info on these. There's plenty on the X-CB but not the one with a pocket as it appears to be Japan only release.

Currently play a Srixon Z765 (pw-7i)/Z565 (6-4i with the 6i bent 1* weak) combo with SF i95 stuff shafts. I love the forgiveness and flight of the Z565, but not thrilled about the Z765 (may have more to do with my skill level than anything). The feel on both is nice but nothing special for me. Thought about going all 5 series but the stronger lofts in the shorter irons put me off. Hit it far enough (7i is 175 carry) and my yardage gaps are good the way it is (wedges are 51*, 55*, 60* if that matters). The X-CBP seems to be happening similarly to what I'm used to so I'm wanting to know what the forgiveness of them would be compared to.

Also, any other JDM irons that would have similar forgiveness and more player's CB lofts that I should look at?

Also, not sure if it matters much, but I think the SF i95 shafts are a little too light for my liking. May want to look into the i110 or another graphite/composite options for my joints. Reading up on the Attas and Roddio. Any recommendations on shafts would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!

timastyle

• Fledgling Ho
Re: B'Stone X-CBP Irons
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 11:32:24 AM »
For anyone interested, I bought a set of these from Rakuten and here are my thoughts hopefully it'll help others as well.

I played a round of golf on Sunday (first outing but had around 10  range sessions with them) and shot one of my best scores to date and ended with a 81 on par 72. Course was short playing at just over 5800 yards but there was a lot of elevation change and a bit more like target golf. Used a lot of long irons off the tee.

I'm very impressed with both the heads and shafts. The irons are very forgiving for me. I'd equate these to say a Callaway pro series in forgiveness. Anywhere near the middle of the face and you're good. Big misses are bad no matter what you use. My only gripe if I were to knit pick about something is that you can't really feel where you hit the ball on the face unless you're way off center but so long as they deliver results, it doesn't bother me and these definitely deliver.

The shafts were great too. Not much lateral changes with baby draws/fades all day. Height, flight and feel were excellent.

This combo is a winner and I'm extremely happy overall. Don't think there's a need to look for different shafts anymore. 😀

HisAirness

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 12:02:20 PM »
Thanks for the review. Which shafts do you play in these?

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • It's not how many BUT how Far!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 01:00:02 PM »
Do you know I really like those!!
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

timastyle

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 01:25:31 PM »
Playing the MCI Black 100 in stiff flex.  I was worried about them from my range sessions and considering changing them without even playing them, but that went away quickly when I got out on the course.

timastyle

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 01:30:11 PM »
DaleUK - Not sure what you're looking for in irons, but these are perfect for me.  Only get to go out and play once every couple months on average, so these are forgiving for me.  Anything with decent contact gets out there and on line.  Really bad misses aren't going to help no matter what you play, so these are the best of all worlds for me.  While I don't play as often as I'd like, I'm still able to go to the range a 2-3 times a week. 

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 01:46:59 PM »
Thanks for the review! 
I heard these CBPs are very popular in Japan.  Similar looks to their Tour B CB but much more friendlier. 
Though I had some concerns when they ended the "Tourstage" brand a few years back...  I think their products are still top notch.
I love my J015 CBs!
DR: G20 Black / TP-6 | MA01D+R / Seven Dreamers
FW: G20 Black / TP-8 | MA01F / BX70
UT: G / KBS Graphite | MA01H / STP
IR: J015CB / K's 8001 | Seven x Shinagawa MB / CBI-80 LTD
WG: MG S-01 / K's 8001 | Seven AG / Modus Wedge
PT: MGP-M2 | Benock Blue Dragon II

timastyle

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 02:56:56 PM »
Prior to the Srixon combo set, I had a set of J40 DPC irons that I loved and played for a few years, so I was already familiar with the brand and how underrated they are.  The X-CBP has a wider sole and a bit more user friendly.

wmclarenf1

• Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 07:49:02 PM »
Thanks for the review.
Drivers : A-Grind440-AbroadDF570-GPOM-Grandista-GTD455-Itobori-ModartDS
UTs : A-GrindProto-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG 317
Irons : A-GrindR1CB-MeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Modart-Orion
Putters : Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-Slighter-Xenon
Ball : Srixon Z-Star

timastyle

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 09:57:07 PM »
No worries. Playing a tourney o. Sunday and Monday so can provide additional feedback if folks are interested.

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 12:51:50 AM »
No worries. Playing a tourney o. Sunday and Monday so can provide additional feedback if folks are interested.

Yup keep us all posted...
These look good and so do the Yams...

Does anyone know who or where the above are Made?

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

timastyle

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 08:31:41 AM »
Which Yam's are you looking at?

I'm not sure where these are made but hopefully someone here can answer as I'd be curious as well.

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 11:34:42 AM »
Which Yam's are you looking at?

I'm not sure where these are made but hopefully someone here can answer as I'd be curious as well.

I believe they are the RMX 118s non Tour

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 12:14:10 PM »
Website says :    "Club: Made in Japan"    but who knows these days ... right...

Considering it is S20C Carbon Steel  most likely  Endo Japan or possible Endo Thailand 

http://global.golf.yamaha.com/en/products/iron/rmx118/

DR: G20 Black / TP-6 | MA01D+R / Seven Dreamers
FW: G20 Black / TP-8 | MA01F / BX70
UT: G / KBS Graphite | MA01H / STP
IR: J015CB / K's 8001 | Seven x Shinagawa MB / CBI-80 LTD
WG: MG S-01 / K's 8001 | Seven AG / Modus Wedge
PT: MGP-M2 | Benock Blue Dragon II

timastyle

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 05:41:57 PM »
Bridgestone Japan site says the X-CBP is made in Japan as well. No more details.