Author Topic: Farkin Golf  (Read 4231 times)

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
Re: Farkin Golf
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2018, 12:59:50 PM »
78 on Saturday and 85 on the same course yesterday.   WTF!
I will try to make an excuse by noting that I tried out my Shinagawa MB irons reshafted with Modus 120X for the first time.   Though not bad,  Modus 125 just seems like it produces straighter shots with less draw.   Driver and woods were fine.   Used a different putter too. 
This constant back and forth with high 70's to mid 80's performance lately have been trickling up my HDCP slowly but surely.
I only play on weekends now.   Perhaps I just need to get out to the course more often during the week.

On a positive note,  been hitting the gym continuously and have lost 27 lbs or so in the last 2 months.  Distances in general are trending upwards.   
Iron shots are 5 to 10 yards more carry.   I guess I am making better turn with less mass around the gut!! :)

Might just get another Modus 125 set to replace the 120. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 01:42:56 PM by nobwas »
DR: Modart MA01D+R / Diamana W
FW: Modart MA01F / Diamana 'Ahina
UT: Modart MA01H / Crazy STP
IR:  Epon AF-505/SUS316 / Modus 125
WG: MG S-01 / Modus Wedge 125
PT:  Ping Vault 2.0 CRAZ-E H ( in trial mode )

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2018, 10:12:31 PM »
27lbs in 2 months  :o.....That is AWESOME !!!!! Congrats man !!!!  Are u done or planning to lose even more ??  Ill bet you have to buy a entire new wardrobe !!!!  Man how are you doing it ???  Im working out like a madman and all I have to show for it is about half a pound a week and im doing at least 20 miles of walking 20 miles of running per week and walking a round or 2 of golf on a mountain course and hitting the gym every morning.  My fat won't  leave me, ive got a great diet and my blood pressure is ideal and my resting heart rate is 42-45.  I even quit drinking !  ( for the most part, I will have 1-2 light beers about once a week )

* I would run more but I don't want to beat up my knees......On my days where I primarily walk, I still run up every hill I see and living in San Francisco, there are a ton of hills.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:14:46 PM by Robbiez »

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2018, 11:03:11 PM »
I was really out of shape to start  So that may be the reason why I got to lose so much now.
I was at 107 kg or 236 lbs ( 6'0" tall ) when I returned from my annual trip to Japan in June. 
I am just below 95 kg or 209 lbs at the moment. 

Stopped eating rice pretty much completely.  I prepare a big batch of cabbage salad on the weekend seasoned with a bit of salt and some kombu (Japanese seaweed) for flavor.
It's like a coleslaw with very light flavor and without the mayonaise.    I'll toss in some canned tuna or salmon or tofu on top of that.   
Sometimes make a wrap out of it.    That's been my main food source for the last 2 months.  Switched to non-alcoholic beer "Sharps"  only 58 kcals per can.
One cheat day per week ... i'll eat some type of real protein on those days.   

As for wardrobe, yeah I had a mix of size 38 waist and 36 waist pants and now I can comfortably wear a sz 34 that I wore decades ago.
XXL shirts are a bit loose now.   

My plan is to get down to about 85kg (187 lbs) .    If I continue to gain flexibility and distance out of this diet,  I'll aim to reduce even more.
Another goal is to get some real six pack abs for the first time in 40 years!!!   Six pack at 51 Y.O. would be pretty cool!  we'll see if I can get there.    :)

Gym time is not that heavy only 3 times a week  30  minutes on stationary bike ( 300 kcal ) and one to two body part weight training each visit.    just enough to get a nice burn afterwards.
Also taking Animal Cuts + CLA + Liquid Carnitine.     

tsupo67

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2018, 12:20:40 AM »
36 holes on weekend.
first nine  44
second nine 40
3rd nine 39 ( with a triple grrr!!!!!)
last nine 37

ridiculous to sublime.
good god the grass is like hitting of heaven. wet greens , the ball sticks, just ultimate pleasure.
 a vertiable orgy of clubs used.

the high lofted drivers were best, and the fatter  af tours MILES better than the uber thin blades .

wedges , the prgr nabla ids were PERFECT, thick chunky little suckers thin sole  thick top line , they are farkeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen  awesome in thick grass. been my go tos for the last   lots of games, they are good in drought  conds in sdyney and they are superb in the deep stuff.

egg MFD off t he deck was a hammer (16.5*  qaudra fire express, that high face and a bit of forgiveness on thick grass layer is  unbeatable.

sssssssmoked the ute ,that was rendered useless in comparrison.

shoes........... yes  well the  pimple sole duca del cosmas dint cut it  in the wet , sliped around to much, the mizzies  with  velociraptor teeth screw in spikes were  miles better.

fk we are spolt up here.. its like playing in heaven compared to the real world.

TM 1993 bubble burner 11.93* listed as 9*
green POS callway 3w
hammer time 5w
TMfastestbackever super long distance ultra speed irons 17* jacked. longest irons set  ever(again)
hippo remote wedge
billyburu flatty
maxfli balata, what else!

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2018, 11:38:11 AM »
I was really out of shape to start  So that may be the reason why I got to lose so much now.
I was at 107 kg or 236 lbs ( 6'0" tall ) when I returned from my annual trip to Japan in June. 
I am just below 95 kg or 209 lbs at the moment. 

Stopped eating rice pretty much completely.  I prepare a big batch of cabbage salad on the weekend seasoned with a bit of salt and some kombu (Japanese seaweed) for flavor.
It's like a coleslaw with very light flavor and without the mayonaise.    I'll toss in some canned tuna or salmon or tofu on top of that.   
Sometimes make a wrap out of it.    That's been my main food source for the last 2 months.  Switched to non-alcoholic beer "Sharps"  only 58 kcals per can.
One cheat day per week ... i'll eat some type of real protein on those days.   

As for wardrobe, yeah I had a mix of size 38 waist and 36 waist pants and now I can comfortably wear a sz 34 that I wore decades ago.
XXL shirts are a bit loose now.   

My plan is to get down to about 85kg (187 lbs) .    If I continue to gain flexibility and distance out of this diet,  I'll aim to reduce even more.
Another goal is to get some real six pack abs for the first time in 40 years!!!   Six pack at 51 Y.O. would be pretty cool!  we'll see if I can get there.    :)

Gym time is not that heavy only 3 times a week  30  minutes on stationary bike ( 300 kcal ) and one to two body part weight training each visit.    just enough to get a nice burn afterwards.
Also taking Animal Cuts + CLA + Liquid Carnitine.     

That sounds awesome and good tip on the supplements.....I think ill look into Animal Cuts, I currently take bone gelatin for my joints, not sure if it works but lots of ultra marathoners swear by it and my joints are not aching.  KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK !!!!
It will be fun to sport a 6-pack in your 50s...Hope you took some before and after pictures.  My before pictures are what keeps me going, I don't want to get that out of shape again !  Its much harder to lose weight in your 50s, metabolism slows, muscles are slow to recover from workouts.  Haha if I worked out like this when I was in my 20s, I would be in awesome shape already, instead im just less dumpy than I used to be.

Since I love to play golf and realize that I can't swing any faster, my main thing these days is to maintain what little I got and to keep an eye on the future. I can swing harder with some speed chains and some weighed swing sticks but that would only last for a few more seasons. I believe the secret to playing good golf in your 50s as well as 60s and beyond is to have a really smooth and efficient swing.  The simpler the swing the better.  Oh and strong legs and a good core is a absolute must as well as good flexibility.  I recently bought a bunch of stretching aids.  They are simple tools but they do help.  My favorite 2 are the Tour Stretching Pole and the MISIG ( Most Important Stretch in Golf )

nobwas

• Platinum Ho
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2018, 01:15:37 PM »
> I believe the secret to playing good golf in your 50s as well as 60s and beyond is to have a really smooth and efficient swing. 

100% agree.   The body can only take so much at this stage in life.  Playing with guys +10 years than I am, while they do not have the prettiest swings, they still get it out there.
and the older guys who can hit far are taller guys with longer arms who are skinny.   I'm tall enough but not skinny enough to make quicker and deeper rotations.   

I worked out a lot back in my 20's and was in tip top shape.   Competed in Powerlifting during that time as well.   
Then I got married...and we had kids....  you all know how the rest goes.    ;D

freehb

• The world needs ditch diggers too...
  • Ultra Ho
  • The world needs ditch diggers too!!!
« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2018, 08:40:25 PM »
You guys are giving me a headache...I know nobsy and disco stu and fat guy who exercises more in a week than I have in 10 years are right that playing decent late 40s on requires some fitness...I was sorta the nsp irked by better play so I worked out once...back to sitting on my ass m-th, Friday range or 9, 18sat18sun all in a cart exercise schedule and am feeling better than ever....I'm crediting a diet rich in easy cheese, beer and ben&jerry's....epson salt tubby...some good indica...that's my secret, might fall apart without it...we'll see how she goes....club championship tomorrow!!!
155/BasiAlpha60-x
Spoon15.6/RoddioF7-s
19/23 hybridUT/Lunar8/Stella8
505 5-P + 49 705 Muziik bangvoo-s
213 53/60/Muziik bangvoo-s
Oworks 2ball-spam
Titliest AVX

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2018, 08:47:48 PM »
Have to say, the junk food diet has not impacted me much...was at the doctor Monday...201...not bad for a 6' slob who has seen a gym 3 or 4 times in the last decade and sits in front of a computer most of the weekday...
155/BasiAlpha60-x
Spoon15.6/RoddioF7-s
Oworks 2ball-spam
Titliest AVX

Robbiez

• Fledgling Ho
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2018, 09:49:41 PM »
Sometimes it all boils down to genetics to determine who lives a long blessed life and who kicks it early.  In golf we practice so we can hopefully get luckier on mishits and in life we eat healthy and workout to hopefully have a long life filled with good golf and a few great days.

I was at 205 which isn't too bad at 6'1 and my body fat was about 18%, but my blood pressure was not good, it was slowly creeping up into the unhealthy zone and I definitely don't want to start with blood pressure medication.  Started with short walks and graduated to walking during my rounds and now I walk daily and run about 3X a week......Blood Pressure went from 137/90 to 115/74 and a resting heart rate of 51 and weight is a more manageable 180.  It wasn't easy but it was worth it......Sigh but so much more to do, im about 2 years late on getting a colon screening  :o

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2018, 12:09:49 AM »
You guys make me feel bad. Im 37, 5 11 3/4 without shoes, and weigh 230. Until about 3-4 years ago I still fit in the same waist pants I wore in high school in the late 90s. I was 205 in college but fit when I was playing baseball. In 2010 I got down to 192 and had a 6 pack and people thought I was too thin for my build. 

Then kids happened and I found myself on the road for meetings and eating rich meals at restaurants all the time with clients. I obviously got older and my metabolism cant keep up with like it used to. Kids are young and I dont have the time (ok ok, motivation and energy) to work out and stay in shape.

Im lucky that I carry my extra weight well on a broader frame, but I need to get my shit together. I just had a paramed for a large life insurance policy and while my blood tests and pressure were good, I got docked for my build and I dont feel as well as I used to when I was fit. 
Taylormade 16 M2 Tour Issue Rogue 125 60TS
Ping G400 3 Wood UST Chrome
RomaRo Type R 18* Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 Aero i95
Epon 705 Aero i110
Forged Vokey 52F/56K Modus 125 Wedge
Callaway PM 60*
Odyssey SaberTooth (cheater putter)

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2018, 10:14:06 AM »
Getting old ain't for sissies...

Mrs free worries about my blood pressure, it's really high and my colesterol is high...the smoking has been pretty heavy for the last 10 years...but, I enjoy eating steak 4 or 5 times a week and beer and Jameson and all kinds of pies, cakes, muffins, doughnuts, ice cream and candy bars...

We had steak every night, sausage and bacon every morning and usually hamburgers for lunch...my wife thinks I'm committing suicide but that's just how I grew up..I do drink kafier probiotic yougart every morning and my grandparents lived to old ages...my Scottish grandfather is 101 and still cruising around in his 2 seater 12 cylinder amg convertible...rest of them died @ 80,93,94...great gram-gram mini died at 106 and momma Nell was 102 most of the smoked and drank heavily so there's hope...goals are to shoot my age, break par, break 70...

I may start getting in shape sometime soon, am certain it would help my golf...I'm so much better than I used to be but am actually shorter than I was back when I was a complete hack...have really focused on getting tighter, more compact...am hitting the ball further than I was 2 years ago with significantly less effort just by getting rid of the slide...
155/BasiAlpha60-x
Spoon15.6/RoddioF7-s
Oworks 2ball-spam
Titliest AVX

ian-500

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2018, 10:31:28 AM »
Hahahahaha getting in to shape, yeah right.....
Driver: TM M1 2017 10.5 + Accra 470 M5, 44".
FW: Cally GBB 17 + Accra FX200f, 41.5".
HY: Ping G20 20/23/27 + Accra FX200/300h, 39".
Irons: OnOff Forged 6i - GW + Accra Tour 110i TiMesh.
Wedges: Miura Giken WMF-06 53/58 + Black Gold x.
Putter: Rife Barbados.

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2018, 07:50:28 AM »
I know...it sounds like a good idea...I feel better after a workout...just not realistic due to my laziness...not lazy about practice...id practice all day if I had the time...that's what I love about the game...sharpening my game, improvement provides the most fulfillment....as far as working out...I just had my fill in my teens and 20s...I do stretch a lot, some guys mentioned stretching poles...I like them almost as much as stripper poles....
155/BasiAlpha60-x
Spoon15.6/RoddioF7-s
Oworks 2ball-spam
Titliest AVX

DaleUK

• Ultra Ho
  • It's not how many BUT how Far!
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2018, 04:34:38 PM »
Had one of those days today...
Not sure the company helped my game and its fair to say Ive been on one for a day or 2....

Anyway on the 7th Id lost it, knocked the ball about 40 yards with putter ... then after a slight rage snapped a few clubs, must say felt better!!

Stupid game this...
If your not part of the Solution , then your part of the Problem!!

"Strength And Honor "

I got a Gibson
Without a case
But I can't get that even tanned look on my face

freehb

• Ultra Ho
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2018, 06:33:41 PM »
Club championship this weekend...game was sharp!  Greens were 13 on the stimp...pins on all the ridges...rough was cut just a bit...you could miss on one side and not be dead....

I was D.Q'd Saturday before I even took a swing...our dick gm over-road the members, I was 8 min late...would have made it but it meant shitting my pants on the first tee...called, said they would hold...done...so pissed...I didn't even play Saturday...took one of my employees out for a goof around to see what it would have been like...beat low gross in my flight with this round...no pressure though...obviously mike had a rough go...
155/BasiAlpha60-x
Spoon15.6/RoddioF7-s
Oworks 2ball-spam
Titliest AVX