Author Topic: Xenon and Bputters Demo at PGATSS Paramus, NJ  (Read 1399 times)

kl

• Super Ho
Xenon and Bputters Demo at PGATSS Paramus, NJ
« on: December 02, 2016, 09:39:42 AM »
I wanted to let those in the NYC metro area know of a cool event coming up.

I've been sharing thoughts about a custom putter program with the folks over at PGATSS for several months now and they've shown interest in the idea and want to gauge customer reaction.  I started thinking about it for a few reasons:

- My putting - performance and enjoyment - has improved dramatically since 1) I was fit for putter specs and 2) I had a putter made to my specs and tastes.

- I really enjoyed the process of having my putters made.

- Awareness of and access to custom putters should be broader.

While talking to PGATSS, I thought it best to offer customers a couple different makers with distinct offerings.  So, I spoke with two with whom I've become friendly, Xenon (Lumpy) and Bputters (Antonio), to gauge their interest and capability for such a program.  Both were excited by the prospect as each are looking to expand distribution.

Xenon made my first custom putter (and several since) on Art's recommendation.  There's is a garage, anything's-possible style, offering hand milled creations as well as highly customizable, classic CNC milled models.  Bputters was also recommended to me by Art as making super-high quality CNC putters with highly refined styles and finishes across several models.  As you've undoubtedly witnessed around here, in addition to offering custom specs, both makers have a wide range of customization capabilities, including different metals, finishes, face milling, etc.  As customers of both makers, I can say that they care about their customers and their product!

At the demo day, I will be there with Xenon's CNC models, together with my personal collection of handmades spanning the majority of Xenon's available materials.  I will also have all of Bputters's CNC models in either 303SS or carbon steel and a range of finishes.  I should mention that a Cameron rep will also be there, and, as for Xenon and Bputters, this is demo only in order for PGATSS to witness customer interest.

So, it should be fun.  Here are the details:

Where: PGA Tour Superstore, Paramus, NJ
When: Saturday, December 10, 2016; 11:00am-3:00pm

If it matters to anyone, I have no current arrangement with any of the companies involved.  I'm doing this because I think there's potential here, I really like Lumpy and Antonio, and I'd like to expose more people to these great makers and the joy of making more putts while looking down at something you love and had a say in creating. 

Hope to see you there!

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
Re: Xenon and Bputters Demo at PGATSS Paramus, NJ
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 10:05:41 AM »
Woohoo!  Congrats K!  Good to see this coming to life!  Wishing you all the best and hope this turns out to be a huge success.

A big smite to you for this!
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

kl

• Super Ho
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 10:14:25 AM »
I'm hoping the same for these guys, Art.  As you know, they are two great guys who do great work!

Here's a picture of the 3,000sf putting area in the store.  Mid-December, I'm expecting A LOT of people to be coming through.

wmclarenf1

• Every Saint a Past...
  • Ultra Ho
  • .!..
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 07:32:10 PM »
Damn!   That must be at least 30 feet of putting space!
Drivers : Crazy435Angel5-GTD455Crazy9-ItoboriXanadu-ProceedIXBurningAngel
UTs : Itobori-ModartMA01H-ProceedTi-PXG0317
Irons : GrindStudioProto-RoddioMeisterM-ModartCBC-PXG0311T
Wedges : GrindStudio-Orion-PXG
Putters : ArGolf-Benock-BPutters-Machine-Masda-Nead-PXG-Slighter-TPMills-Xenon
Ball : Chrome

kl

• Super Ho
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 08:17:23 PM »
100'x30' roughly or 120'x25'...its enormous.  The store is 57,000sf with about eight simulator bays for customer use and another five or so for fitting.  It's really quite a place, and not the biggest location in the chain either.  Then again, I think some of them have an indoor tennis court or two.  Oh, they carry some Honma, Miura, and XXIO now too.

MBBG

• Administrator
  • Ultra Ho
    • JDM Clubhouse
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 09:47:49 PM »
Awesome!!!
TI Taylormade 16 M2 w/ TI Rogue 125 60TS
Ping G400 3 Wood w/UST Chrome
RomaRo Type R 18* w/Nunchuk .370
Srixon U45 22* Driving Iron w/ Aero i95
13 ONOFF Forged 5-P w/ Modus 125